[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Increase the fines.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone!

I would like to suggest to TC to increase the fines and possibly add new violations that can be fined for.

I think the cost of fines in TC is too low, the players are getting richer and the fines are extremely cheap. A slight increase wouldn't cause much of a fuss. What do you guys think? should the fines be increased?

Regards,
KooKoo
KooKoo Wrote:I would like to suggest to TC to increase the fines and possibly add new violations that can be fined for.

It's your suggestion thread. Please suggest things... What violations?

I wouldn't mind if the fines were marginally higher for a few of them, such as dangerous driving, careless driving.
tbh,i think now the fines are fine,because the the fine are pretty realistic for me,so i think it doesn't need to increase it. (only some thing like dangerous diving) (btw you should add a poll here)
The only violation that i would add is a drifting one instead of using careless driving for drifting because people get fined often for drifting.
Some fines are good how they are, some aren't. But what margin are we talking about? 10%> or maybe a 50% and above increase?
50% would be too much, Furry, I would of thought that at the most some fines would be getting ~25% increase.
(2016-07-28 14:48)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Please suggest things... What violations?

I'd like to see a third parking fine, for around 100-120 euros. I thought to make a thread about it last night but didn't think people would agree with me.

An example of where this fine could be used would be the side of the roundabout @ KY Autobahn. It's a full lane obstruction and is dangerous, so I think we should have a third fine for parking offenses such as that, but not limited to that one spot, since there are places on other maps just as dangerous.

As for the fine increases, careless driving needs to be upped. Driving carelessly is currently cheaper than illegal parking lol.

TL;DR

Illegal parking

40-80-120

Careless driving: 60-100-120

or something similar.
A specific fine for drifters, etc..

I think speeding, parking, drifting, causing accident, failure to move for sirens should be increased.
For someone who has more then 50k euros can present fines look low, but for new players would be raising level of fines deadly..especialy if you add there automatic fines for speeding.
(2016-07-28 15:42)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]A specific fine for drifters, etc..

I'd have to disagree with having specific fines like that, drifting is careless driving.
(2016-07-28 15:49)Iacob Wrote: [ -> ]For someone who has more then 50k euros can present fines look low, but for new players would be raising level of fines deadly..especialy if you add there automatic fines for speeding.

Completely agree, new players wouldn't stand a chance. Not all cops give warnings, they'll just fine new players regardless of a player not fully understanding the rules.
little fine update of illegal parking would be good, but adding new things into fine list...idk, there is everything you need. You see anyone drifting? > Careless driving - is he drifting from side to side - higher careless driving, did he endager anyone? > Dangerous driving. No more new fines needed. The Fine list is nice synoptical that you can easily find what you want. Adding more points will make the fine list unreadalbe.
This would just cause an unwanted chain-reaction.

Increase the fines>COPs (potentially) become more money-hungry>New players suffer and lose more money>New players don't come back due to losing too much money (and subs. interest)

And the cycle will go on and on like that.
I agree fully, since cops are semi-money hungry anyway it'd be like stoking the fire to make it bigger & worse. As well as new players too, since this system may make the community those who have the bank of 25k+ since they can survive the fines.
If you fine new players 'heavy' fines they will learn the rules faster because people learn from their mistakes. Especially since insim money is valuable to new players.
(2016-07-28 16:24)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Increase the fines>COPs (potentially) become more money-hungry>New players suffer and lose more money>New players don't come back due to losing too much money (and subs. interest)
+1 when I first came here I didn't really like coming back because of the cops pulling me over every 5min and I just kept getting lower and lower in cash till I got into the negitaves...personally fines and offences are perfectly fine to me
(2016-07-28 17:12)Stormer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-28 16:24)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Increase the fines>COPs (potentially) become more money-hungry>New players suffer and lose more money>New players don't come back due to losing too much money (and subs. interest)
+1 when I first came here I didn't really like coming back because of the cops pulling me over every 5min and I just kept getting lower and lower in cash till I got into the negitaves...personally fines and offences are perfectly fine to me

But if you do drive by the road laws, there is no issue, you wouldn't get pulled over every 5 min. Wouldn't mind higher fines, and bare in mind all i do is speed and is currently only at around 14k in money
Furry Wrote:since cops are semi-money hungry

Money hungry COPs? huh, Shouldn't you blame yourself at first for breaking road laws?

Fines are okay as they are I think, peoples getting richer because some spend 8hrs daily so what do you expect, put in mind those who don't play as much.

fortunately it'll always be like this : [Image: 11061771_10205721429294096_2154489117553625730_n.jpg]image hosting over 10mb

le server is full of nerds
The increase isn't going to be that much. I think you guys are overestimating the outcome. It's not like there's cop on every corner high fining you for everything!
(2016-07-28 14:22)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone!

I would like to suggest to TC to increase the fines and possibly add new violations that can be fined for.

I think the cost of fines in TC is too low, the players are getting richer and the fines are extremely cheap. A slight increase wouldn't cause much of a fuss. What do you guys think? should the fines be increased?

Regards,
KooKoo

Hi all, thought I might weigh in...

More Violations -> Really? More violations, there's enough to cover all possibilities within a virtual environment. I may seem like i'm being stupid, but it is only a virtual game is it not? It's not real life, you can mirror real life to a certain extent but at some point it's got to stop. There is enough categories of violations to cover what happens on the server, if some of them need amendments made to them, then please suggest them.

Higher Fine Amounts - The higher the fine, the higher the possibility of police fishing for suspects 24/7 and not cruising at all, just being a police officer just for money, not for fun. Moreover, it will eventually drain everybody's ESPECIALLY newbies's bank balances, taking the fun out of cruising all together, the quicker it drains the bank balance the quicker people will lose interest and the quicker people will leave. I would say if it was to increase, then you need to look at what fines are used more frequently than others, so basically increasing the fines if the fine category is used more frequently than other fines. The more the fine is used then the more it should be increased, if it's not used above a certain rate then it shouldn't be increased.

There are arguement's for both against this idea and towards this idea, i'm leaning more towards being against this idea. But it needs a lot of development as it has some good points in it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's