[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: COPS ABLE TO CLOSE ROADS FOR ACCIDENTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I was playing last night and any accidents on the AB or on any busy roads always end in chaos. People simply do not slow down for HAZARD or CAUTION, and when myself and another cop closed the AB with two RBs people just kept driving through like it was nothing.

Blah blah, it's a game, but at the end of the day it's a roleplay server and people should be able to deal with an accident properly. Sometimes we have to wait, and if people are that bothered then they can wait.

We need a CLOSE command where cops can close roads. Not sure how it could work, but I've added a poll and am asking you to comment on how we can make it work without it being abused.
Just to point one thing out, we're not actually a roleplay server, although it's completely allowed. Smile We're cruise / cops & robbers.

People should respect hazards and cautions, if they don't, please talk to them. If that fails, consider reporting them.
MAYBE THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO I AM NOT SURE
(2016-12-27 19:48)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Just to point one thing out, we're not actually a roleplay server, although it's completely allowed. Smile We're cruise / cops & robbers.

People should respect hazards and cautions, if they don't, please talk to them. If that fails, consider reporting them.

Appreciate that, but by roleplay I mean that people cruise and abide speed limits and cops abide by rules that the same roles use in real life! Just saying that, within reason, we're here for realism. The problem is, people don't listen. Something needs to be done. Sad
Completely unneeded, if people slowed for hazards and such it would not be a problem.
I think its a good idea, for 1 reason, and its the one use I can instantly think of; which is when a BIG accident happens, if like on AB both lanes are blocked.

Buts thats just me Ohmy
Just use !hazard or caution + roadblock and that shoud be good enough. If that doesn't work too bad.
(2016-12-27 20:55)Bob Wrote: [ -> ]Just use !hazard or caution + roadblock and that shoud be good enough. If that doesn't work too bad.

But it never works, that's my whole point for it.Read the post; people simply don't stop.
Isn't ignoring those signs against the rules?
(2016-12-27 20:59)Bob Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't ignoring those signs against the rules?

Probably, but reports don't do much. We need a way of solving the issue. Cops IRL can close roads to deal with an accident, and particularly on the AB in game when two lanes need closing, it'd be a good way of doing it. People DO NOT slow for Hazards or Cautions, and as I mentioned, drive through roadblocks. It begins to get annoying when there's simply not enough manpower to do anything about it.

(2016-12-27 20:53)Furry Wrote: [ -> ]I think its a good idea, for 1 reason, and its the one use I can instantly think of; which is when a BIG accident happens, if like on AB both lanes are blocked.

Buts thats just me Ohmy

Exactly.
(2016-12-27 20:51)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]Completely unneeded, if people slowed for hazards and such it would not be a problem.

True.

If not, breaking rules for ingnoring caution.

1.13. Caution signs:
Caution signs warn of dangers on or close to the track. You are expected to reduce your speed and approach with caution.
1.14. Hazard signs:
Hazard signs warn of extremely dangerous situations. You are expected to drive most attentive, significantly reduce your speed and be prepared for a full stop.
1.15. Visual sirens:
Visual sirens indicate cops are in pursuit of a suspect. You are expected to reduce your speed and approach with caution.
(2016-12-27 21:12)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-27 20:51)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]Completely unneeded, if people slowed for hazards and such it would not be a problem.

True.

If not, breaking rules for ingnoring caution.

1.13. Caution signs:
Caution signs warn of dangers on or close to the track. You are expected to reduce your speed and approach with caution.
1.14. Hazard signs:
Hazard signs warn of extremely dangerous situations. You are expected to drive most attentive, significantly reduce your speed and be prepared for a full stop.
1.15. Visual sirens:
Visual sirens indicate cops are in pursuit of a suspect. You are expected to reduce your speed and approach with caution.

I agree that people should be doing this. There wouldn't be a need for this post if they were. Closing roads is a simple, realistic, interesting and immersive alternative to admins trawling through reports, and people wasting and missing out on game time due to writing countless reports on, occasionally, multiple people multiple times a game. No one likes reporting, it's time consuming, boring for both reporters and admins, and easily prevented in certain situations with a slight adaptation. That's how I feel personally. I can only see advantages with closing roads, but I just can't see how it would work as of yet.
Quote:Closing roads is a simple, realistic, interesting and immersive alternative to admins trawling through reports

Those are some nice words, but I feel they simply aren't true. Roadworks sure, since they offer alternative routes with nice objects, but closing a road doesn't seem fun at all and, IMO, should only be done when genuinely necessary.
There's already measures in place for such accidents and so it's not needed.

Eventhough closing a road on the face of things seems simple, I think in practice it would be impractical and actually cause more disturbances than a simple hazard/caution warning.

When I've seen HwA closing roads off, more often than not I've seen them having to warn people to not drive onto the roads (and to not hang around the closed off area), and of course this is a lot easier to enforce when they've got admin abilities - If cops were to be the one's closing the roads, I could just see a bunch of reports being made. Another point, when roads have been closed, there's usually alternative routes made available (as otherwise the flow of the server will become disrupted) by placing objects, which is again, something only enforceable by admins.

Leave it how it is.
To be fair, if a cop wanted to help the situation, Park diagonally acting as a filter to an accident scene and do !roadblock+ 4 or !roadblock+ 6. Simples...

Even though I voted GOOD, after thinking about it, a -1 is in order from me. Sonic is absolutely correct.
(2016-12-28 00:00)Sonic Wrote: [ -> ]There's already measures in place for such accidents and so it's not needed.

Eventhough closing a road on the face of things seems simple, I think in practice it would be impractical and actually cause more disturbances than a simple hazard/caution warning.

When I've seen HwA closing roads off, more often than not I've seen them having to warn people to not drive onto the roads (and to not hang around the closed off area), and of course this is a lot easier to enforce when they've got admin abilities - If cops were to be the one's closing the roads, I could just see a bunch of reports being made. Another point, when roads have been closed, there's usually alternative routes made available (as otherwise the flow of the server will become disrupted) by placing objects, which is again, something only enforceable by admins.

Leave it how it is.

You make a good point. It's a difficult one that would have its advantages, but I think you're right. People need to respect HAZARDs and CAUTIONS a lot more. Perhaps a feature where if people pass through a HAZARD above a certain speed, they are given an automatic and hefty fine. They can appeal this on the forums if they believe it is not fair.
(2016-12-28 17:58)Quattro10V Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28 00:00)Sonic Wrote: [ -> ]There's already measures in place for such accidents and so it's not needed.

Leave it how it is.

You make a good point. It's a difficult one that would have its advantages, but I think you're right. People need to respect HAZARDs and CAUTIONS a lot more. Perhaps a feature where if people pass through a HAZARD above a certain speed, they are given an automatic and hefty fine. They can appeal this on the forums if they believe it is not fair.

I like this idea, however, I'd instead make it so an automatic !complain is sent to the admins. If fines were given out, it may lead to some confusion as to whether or not they are actually breaking a rule due to the similar nature of speed traps whereby fines for speeding is just part of the game. You don't want to be mixing that mentality with what the actual rules are, an offence and a rule should be clearly distinguishable IMO.
(2016-12-28 18:16)Sonic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28 17:58)Quattro10V Wrote: [ -> ]

Leave it how it is.

I like this idea, however, I'd instead make it so an automatic !complain is sent to the admins. If fines were given out, it may lead to some confusion as to whether or not they are actually breaking a rule due to the similar nature of speed traps whereby fines for speeding is just part of the game. You don't want to be mixing that mentality with what the actual rules are, an offence and a rule should be clearly distinguishable IMO.

Yes, that's a better way to look at it. That, or on the player's screen it pops up with a message stating that they MUST slow down to below (said) speed or they could be subject to disciplinary action.
I like the idea in a special way but not in that way you written in this thread.

Yeah COPs schould be allowed zu close the road. Maybe it is possbile to make a second kind of roadblock? If i want avoid crashes after a massive crash on a snesible point like the autobahn i took on the hazard and make a roadblock some meters away. 90 % of users accept that, slow down and dont hit the tires. A MED/TOW/RES can do his job and everything is fine.

So my thinking: Maybe there can be a command "roadblock2" which does not only drop some tyres, rather some objects with more stop action. Only allowed in case of hazard on some special points and also usable by MED/RES? Just a thought.
!roadblockac+ 2 kl

Roadblock for accident - add - left side - Keep Left signs?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's