[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Retro Layouts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We've done Retro Westhill, why not have Retro Blackwood?

Clearly there's divide between people that enjoy driving at 40mph with an intake restriction around small roads that barely reach 10m in length continuously and those that enjoy driving fast and having interaction with cops in what is a server based on the fact there are traffic cops.

To make it fair, on the rotation we could have one rotation which includes the modern layouts i.e. with all of the pointless small roads, bigger map... Then on the other rotation have the retro layouts. This would create balance between those that enjoy action and those that do not.
Can we just remove Blackwood off full stop? No one would mind, right? Biggrin
No. Please. Stop doing this. Westhill Retro is already dreadful, don't make blackwood even worse.
(2019-06-18 15:58)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]No. Please. Stop doing this. Westhill Retro is already dreadful, don't make blackwood even worse.

No. Please. Stop supporting the dreadful modern layouts.

I intentionally mentioned the rotation point to keep it fair for people like us that have conflicting views in preferring one over the other. There's no need to have such a narrow minded view about it based upon one recent change, lol. I also highly doubt that the change to Westhill was changed because nobody wanted it and therefore you're probably part of a minority that was against it which is quite unfortunate for you as an individual.
sonic has pronounced a very good thought ..

for me personally, this is a great thought .. drive a long time at tc and would like quite the old layouts again Smile
(2019-06-18 15:58)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]No. Please. Stop doing this. Westhill Retro is already dreadful, don't make blackwood even worse.

Back when I voted for Westhill retro I thought it will be awesome

At this point I completely agree with you.
(2019-06-18 18:36)Swift Wrote: [ -> ]

Back when I voted for Westhill retro I thought it will be awesome

At this point I completely agree with you.

did you even see an old layout except westhill?
I don't understand why the attack is needed, Titan. Everybody has his/her opinion, this is mine, and it won't be changed with your question, which I don't even really understand. Smile

That 1 week when Westhill was on was enough of retro layouts for me.
a very simple question .. there are still some players who have been driving eternity at tc .. and I think that they also like to see the old layouts .. I do not need to make any attacks on youWink I just think that you you can not allow a judgment about itWink because you do not know the other layouts Smile
(2019-06-18 18:43)Swift Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why the attack is needed, Titan. Everybody has his/her opinion, this is mine, and it won't be changed with your question, which I don't even really understand. Smile

That 1 week when Westhill was on was enough of retro layouts for me.

Yes, and I'm sure the many 1 week periods of the new westhill and blackwood is enough for other people.

Again, this is the reason I said about the rotation point... If people cannot see past this very simple yet effective point then I don't feel anyone can justify a reason for not adding retro blackwood to the rotation, especially now that we have retro westhill.
(2019-06-18 18:49)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]a very simple question .. there are still some players who have been driving eternity at tc .. and I think that they also like to see the old layouts .. I do not need to make any attacks on youWink I just think that you you can not allow a judgment about itWink because you do not know the other layouts Smile

I agree, you are right. All I am saying is Westhill made a very bad impression for me, and I was very disappointed. I liked Blackwood while we were cruising in the industrial. This forcing to cruise on the track itself, not my thing.

I would still be curious to see the map itself. Maybe its a bit better then the one now (open track). And I would have no problem to have the retro layouts on other tracks, where no "Cruise-zone" is present. South City, Fern Bay, Kyoto, Aston, nothing against that.

But why Westhill and Blackwood when there is a big cruise zone on both.
(2019-06-18 16:31)Sonic Wrote: [ -> ]

No. Please. Stop supporting the dreadful modern layouts.

I intentionally mentioned the rotation point to keep it fair for people like us that have conflicting views in preferring one over the other. There's no need to have such a narrow minded view about it based upon one recent change, lol. I also highly doubt that the change to Westhill was changed because nobody wanted it and therefore you're probably part of a minority that was against it which is quite unfortunate for you as an individual.

Im more disappointed in your attack over an opinion that does not align with yours, than I am with retro layouts. That itsself is what would define someone "narrow minded".

Still a -1 from me for more retro layouts.
I like the retro style layouts mainly for the traffic flow which usually makes chases more fun. I can see there is quite a divide, maybe a poll would do the trick.
As with all things tracks and layouts, rotation is the best way to keep things fair for everyone. All players will like or dislike each track (or variations of a track) to a different degree and evenly rotating them is the best way to give everyone what they like.

As Carl says, I personally like the idea of these retro layouts. They just change things up and having a more limited map makes fr better and busier traffic flow which makes chases etc more interesting. I would like to see a retro version of Montana, maybe with a couple of the shorter roads left open.

I think it is important not to add too many track to the rotation though. I think we have a good number of tracks as it is without adding too many more, otherwise people will be having to wait months for their favourite track variation to come round.

A vote to see how people on here feel about retro tracks in general would be handy.
Yes 110% to Retro layouts in rotation! Westhill Retro is sooo nice to cruise around!
I've now created a poll for people to vote.

@Dizzle - If you want an off-topic chat, feel free to PM me Smile
+1.
Westhill (no retro) is fully against the racing / normal chases.
I understand the point of "city", but a Kyoto and South City are more fun to run around again and again than cruising in BL city or Westhill tight roads.
Blackwood: for me, if its normal, non-TD, i skip at all. One route, filled with barriers. I'd see the retro version, but i bet its almost same without unlimited amount of barriers.

bit off: i understand he purpose of barriers on the middle of the road, but at the most of the cases they ruin the map.
This is the old layout of Blackwood, if anyone wants to try. Keep in mind it was made before the track overhaul, but it still seem to work.

[attachment=1463]
Voted no, because I'm not a massive fan of Blackwood regardless of configuration. Furthermore, adding more tracks/configs to the rotation obviously means we'll be seeing even less of the tracks a lot of people love, e.g. Montana, Kyoto, Jamaica. (And it seems they take ages to come around as it is)
What About 3 days blackwood retro and 4 days westhill retro?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's