[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: SimCity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Awwyeah, Ive got a beta key. Smile
Me too! Biggrin
It just isn't working.. More looks like a closed-demo aswell. Its a bit fun though, far from what Simcity 4 was.
I thought I didn't and I was so pissed lol. I just checked my email and I have a key. Biggrin
Just a 1 hour demo with limited features. I played it yesterday, but seeing the price I doubt I would buy it, I do still have sim city 4 (on steam). One thing I will say for sure is that any new EA games won't be on steam after they cocked up with Steam. Yes the game looked good, but I can't justify paying $80 or $100 on this game when retail game prices are dropping to less absurd prices (games were $110 a couple years ago, now around $70).

As far as I'm concerned with this cockup, EA knew bloody well that Steam had its own update system (that works well, minus the servers getting hammered on big releases) and they wanted to find any excuse to whine about it, break away and make their own store. EA chose to make Steam look like the bad guy in all this. I doubt steam will have changed the updating dramatically for just one company like this. In the end EA claimed that they couldn't better serve their customers, really? Is that the best excuse you could come up with?
/end rant
One hour per play it is indeed. I more get the feeling that this isn't a beta, but a demo instead.

I don't think I'm buying this either. Its fun to play, while it lasts, but I don't like it that this game might already be shutdown in a couple of years from now on. I mean, why would they keep servers on for this game, if they can release a "new" game- wich is basicly the same-, with the same servers, but with new money flowing in.

Next to all of that:

- Game is way to easy as it is now, even if its a beta (or demo, whatever it is)
- Map size is way, way, way to small. I just needed 25 minutes (of the hour!) to get a nice running town up, and had no space for proper industry or citizens anymore.

I'm far too disappointed to get the game myself. I'll stick with SimCity 4.
I still play the old SimCity 3000! And it's the same one on the iPad. Fun to play, but also challenging. I never really figured out 4 with all the individual sims and such
I was playing good old 2000 Tongue with these high speed pc's we have you can gain alot of cash on fastest settings Tongue
Is anyone of the TC community getting the game?
Not with those preorder costs.

And I have the original SimCity! It's on a floppy and uses the motherboard sounds! It's sooooo low tech lol not even 3d just 2d and probably 8 or 16bit
Second closed-béta starting in 40 minutes from now. Aaand this time I'm lucky enough not to get a key. And if I'm right, the key for the first béta wont work.
Pre-order for €38.99 on http://www.g2play.net Smile
ended up preordering it but noy from origin, got it for $58 at a local game shop. its the deluxe edition as well Biggrin
Well, I just got an email that the game was released. Anybody can confirm that they have it now?
Its the 5th, so yes its released over there. We (EU) have to wait till thursday night
(2013-03-05 19:41)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Its the 5th, so yes its released over there. We (EU) have to wait till thursday night

Ah I see, didn't even realize there was a proper release date. I don't keep up with these things. Tongue
Some Dutchies already started though (using American keys):

[Image: full.jpg]
[Image: full.jpg]
(2013-03-05 19:41)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Its the 5th, so yes its released over there. We (EU) have to wait till thursday night

I still don't see the point in doing this. Why bother making one area (usually RoW when USA gets first dibs) wait longer than the other for the same product?
I don't know, its not just done with games. Also with movies. Infact, last year we Dutchies had to wait about 2 months for Taken 2 AFTER it was released on the rest of the world.
It's already out on torrent Tongue and it be first pc game i have brought in years since having the xbox 360 Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's