[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: My Machine - BF3-able?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there, dear TC-community!

So, a few of my friends are going to buy BF3 together and they asked me to do it, too.
I'm worried though how much i will be able to enjoy it :/
I checked "Can You Run It" (systemrequirementslab.com/cyri) and i fit the Minimum requirements, but none of the recommended (would have been very surprised if i did anyways)

Hardware specs taken from DXDIAG:
CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X2 250 Processor, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
RAM: 3072MB
video card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (HD5770 1024.0 MB)

what more do you need to know?

(Also: i'm still running XP - planning to put Windows 8 additionally; should i get x32 or x64?)

I would be very thankful for any advice (:
- Camaro
Hello,

I can only give one answer take x64..
You'll probably be able to play the Single Player, but you're going to have trouble with the muliplayer.
I actually got the same specs as you, though my RAM is 2GB and my GPU is the ATI 6870

I was able to play the SP, but the multiplayer was unplayable.
(2012-06-30 15:55)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]You'll probably be able to play the Single Player, but you're going to have trouble with the muliplayer.
I actually got the same specs as you, though my RAM is 2GB and my GPU is the ATI 6870

I was able to play the SP, but the multiplayer was unplayable.

oh no Sad because it's all about the MP for us

how good was SP running then? what level of Detail?
On my gaming laptop with an ATI Radeon HD Mobility 4670 (Low-Mid Spec) + 6GB of RAM + slow i7:

BF3 Mutiplayer:

Playing it on the laptops native 1920x1080 screen: I got it running at 30fps on medium. It'd run very smoothly on low.

Running it on my 1440x900 2nd monitor: Runs on high at about 30fps.

I'm currently trying to find a BF3 benchmark test online for you but I think you might be ok with that gfx card and RAM.
(2012-06-30 16:23)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]On my gaming laptop with an ATI Radeon HD Mobility 4670 (Low-Mid Spec) + 6GB of RAM + slow i7:

BF3 Mutiplayer:

Playing it on the laptops native 1920x1080 screen: I got it running at 30fps on medium. It'd run very smoothly on low.

I'm currently trying to find a BF3 benchmark test online for you but I think you might be ok with that gfx card and RAM.

Thanks so far -
I always try to run everything on 1280x1024 / 75Hz.
(2012-06-30 16:23)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]On my gaming laptop with an ATI Radeon HD Mobility 4670 (Low-Mid Spec) + 6GB of RAM + slow i7:

BF3 Mutiplayer:

Are you sure you've only got a HD4670M (Old low range)?

My laptops specs are i7 2670QM (High-end), 16GB ram 1333MHz, and a GT550M 2GB (Mid-range).

I only get 30 fps in 1920x1080 on low, and 40-45fps at 1366x768 at low.
You use modified files in some way to get that?
I have no idea how smooth it actually ran, but I had my settings on either high or ultra, and it was fine to play with imo.
Just the loading times were crazy..
okay Karak Smile
i take every info i can.

The game would be only like 20€ so if it doesn't work it won't be so much of a pain. Anyways still frustrating though :/
Why don't you try getting hold of a 'Extended Trial' (if you know what i mean) and seeing how that runs on SP?
(2012-06-30 20:18)SLiiDE Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you try getting hold of a 'Extended Trial' (if you know what i mean) and seeing how that runs on SP?

Because a few weeks ago i got a nice letter in my mailbox, causing me alot of trouble and costs because my excessive use of erm... "extended trials". (Also, this topic is not looked at very positively in this forum PSmile
(2012-06-30 18:03)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you've only got a HD4670M (Old low range)?

Yep, it's pretty decent though.
(2012-06-30 15:06)Camaro Wrote: [ -> ](Also: i'm still running XP - planning to put Windows 8 additionally; should i get x32 or x64?)

(2012-06-30 15:11)mastahx Wrote: [ -> ]I can only give one answer take x64..

Do not, I repeat do not get 64bit windows with only 3GB RAM. Realistically, 4GB is minimum for 64bit, ideally 6-8 but that's likely to be excessive for most people atm.

Firstly, check if you do in fact only have 3GB - 32bit windows xp often reports 3GB when there's actually 4GB. If you do actually only have 3GB, I'd recommend a RAM upgrade (it's dirt cheap atm) and 64bit windows if you can afford it.

BF3 wise, I'd imagine the CPU might be a little weak, and the graphics probably won't be able to handle higher resolutions. I'm not too well versed in the behaviour of BF3 though, so I could be wrong there.
Well i'm pretty sure it said 3gb in the specs when i bought it - but i can't find the manual etc. right now.

In no way have i got money to upgrade anything but the RAM - if i had more, i would have bought a better PC in the first place.
(i paid 200 for the machine and 100 for the video card.)

i'll download Win8 x32 for safety while searching for the manual.

My mate has an i5 with roughly the same specs (HD5570), but i guess an i5 has way better capacity and efficiency in processing than my Athlon?
He plays MP well on low detail & 1024 & 720 :/
The i5 will probably be faster than your Athlon II, although that will depend on the specific i5 model. However, your HD5770 is more than twice as powerful as his HD5570.
I'm not sure if BF3 is win8 compatible yet.
I don't think I'll be upgrading to Win8 in the foreseeable future anyway.
(2012-07-02 13:39)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]The i5 will probably be faster than your Athlon II, although that will depend on the specific i5 model. However, your HD5770 is more than twice as powerful as his HD5570.
Mhm, Thank you, i'll ask him when he comes back online tonight.
EDIT: Intel Core i5-650 ; is that what you needed to know?

(2012-07-02 15:02)Turbo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if BF3 is win8 compatible yet.
My mate runs it on 8, also google gives you plenty of cases where people run it on 8.
I have even found a post about test results regarding BF3's performance on Win7 and Win8 as a comparison, there was no difference.

(2012-07-02 17:21)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think I'll be upgrading to Win8 in the foreseeable future anyway.
Uprading ... hmm ... I really just wanted to install two OS on my machine. I dont know how i would save all my Data that i want to keep when uprading to Windows 7 - that's why i haven't yet done it.
At a quick glance, yes depending on your screen resolution maximum I'd say is medium settings.
(2012-07-02 23:09)Hexta Wrote: [ -> ]At a quick glance, yes depending on your screen resolution maximum I'd say is medium settings.

look what i wrote:

(2012-06-30 16:29)Camaro Wrote: [ -> ]I always try to run everything on 1280x1024 / 75Hz.

Hexta, do you think that's realistic? What did you have in mind?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's