[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: BF3 Bugs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, I've been playing for like 2 hours and I'm bug-stuck now.

Bugs, I stumbled upon so far:
- Close air support mission (A-10 strike thing):
After destroying the helicopter, I'm supposed to kill all fleeing enemies, but the red markers only show inexistent enemies. 3 stationary dots and one moving in circle across the airfield, but neither of them is "killable".
Needed to reload last checkpoint like 5 times till it worked.

-Mission in France (car park): After clearing the first floor, I'm supposed to follow, but the other dude ain't moving so I'm moving ahead, killing the enemies. After done that, the other guy moves one floor down, he is moving through a concrete wall, through a "virtual" stairway one floor down.

-Bit later same mission, I'm supposed to follow, but the other dude ain't moving so I'm moving ahead again, moving up a fancy staircase. Radio chat comes in, next order is to move to the top of that staircase, beside a door, but nothing more happens. Thats where I'm stuck now.
Loaded checkpoint, same crap, restarted the entire mission, same.

And generally, the AI seems randomly to ignore enemies, even though they are standing 5m apart without any cover, they don't fight each other, but the enemy attacks me.

Congratulations EA. What did the Beta testers do all the months? It took me 2 hours to discover all this crap.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/
Uhm yeah it was a Open Beta with only MP Operation Metro and Caspain border , we coulnd't test missions in SP
I can say you can make a topic on that forum but Im pretty sure its already asked in 20 topic and you won't get a reaction from Dice Confused
For once I'm happy having a shitty PC Laugh
I didn't have any of these bugs at all Smile completed on normal now playing on hard Biggrin Where did you buy the game from?
Doesn't realy care where you bought it from cuz you still needed to download it from origing -.
Don't have either bugs or what ever , only shitty thing is the tactical light is so op Tongue . You realy have no idea where your shooting at because your just blinded
Yeah i had the odd one running through walls too. One enemy even fell through a railing in the bank, hit the ground then got catapulted up into the roof and finally landed on the bottom. Made me chuckle a bit.

The enemies really aren't that bright at times, i can stand right next to them and they do nothing then another situation all of them ingore my teammates and just attack me. The action and destruction is amazing though.

Had none of the other bugs thankfully, my pain was the installation. At first you have to install some spyware to be able to install the game and then the spyware starts to download the game rather than using the DVD's i had in my drive. Took around 2 hours just to install it.

Seriously annoyed how piss poor they are treating paying customers with all this extra crap nobody wants, just because they can get away with it.
i havent had any bug at all yet - appart from deathcam through the ground and some crashes
And not a single bug was seen that day (atleast I haven't seen any bugs hehe)
(2011-10-28 22:43)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Had none of the other bugs thankfully, my pain was the installation. At first you have to install some spyware to be able to install the game and then the spyware starts to download the game rather than using the DVD's i had in my drive. Took around 2 hours just to install it.

By spyware you mean origin right? I wonder how long EA will keep it in beta, if something doesn't work they can just hide behind it and say 'its a beta, we're still working on the bugs/problems'

I don't understand why its not possible to install it off the DVD's. I mean what's the point of buying it in a box with discs and a 10 page book from a shop, they could easily just give you a slip of paper with the key on it and some instructions. They would save money by doing it that way, kind of a 'here's your polished turd on a piece of paper'
Haven't seen any bugs really, but:

- The joystick compatibility isn't great unless you change some of the options.
- The 'do you accept being revived?' is buggy.
Joystick works great here , revive acception etc isnt buggy at all by me lol Tongue
Lol wth. I just discovered this video. Apparently, the mission is with *two* AI's, instead than one. I only have one. The co-driver seat in the car is empty in my game, now I saw in the video, the seat should be occupied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdBbOQNHwIw

Did you guys had one or two AIs in that mission?
two... Smile seems like you as the mostsceptical BF3 buyer got the most problems...

but as i read through this it seems like i do have another bug: ive never seen any "do you accept to be revived" dialogue lol
After restarting the map like 5 times, and reload last checkpoint, I finally
ended up with *two* guys in the car, and the mission was working now.
I noticed, that even the dialogues during the driving-sequence were totally
different. And this time, the AIs used the actual staircase, rather than just
walking through the wall.
On one occasion, I was even completely alone.

Screenie:
[Image: image1mr.jpg]
They didn't really think singleplayer through as the Battlefield series has *always* been focussed on multiplayer gameplay as opposed to singleplayer, which is somewhat understandable.
Hm, no, thats not understandable. Would be the same like if you buy a 80.000€ car
but the reverse gear ain't working and your dealer says "Sorry, but we focused our tests on forward-driving".
It's not really like that at all Chuck, bad example. Like I said, Battlefield has always concentrated on multiplayer, because that's what Battlefield is. Heck, Battlefield 2 didn't even have a campaign mode. I suppose you could call campaign a little bit on the side. The campaign for this game isn't even particularly long.
Does anybody know if it is possible to explorer the map/cars in singleplayer? Playing online is quite a pain if you have no clue where to go, how to drive, etc.
No private match function?
nope, just get used to them on a server Closedeyes
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's