[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Watch Dogs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well, UPlay is down and people are not happy :/

Here is some quotes from the angry people:

"PS Ubisoft there is an awesome and stable platform for digital game distribution.. It's called steam..."

"typical. as others have mentioned, pirates get access and legit buyers are screwed. then you guys wonder why people pirate games! sort it out"

And the best (Language warning Tongue)
(2014-05-27 18:16)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]"typical. as others have mentioned, pirates get access and legit buyers are screwed. then you guys wonder why people pirate games! sort it out"

[Image: Evil_Wiggle_Devil_Gif.gif]
Am with Bez on this one.

Probably the worst thing i have experienced apart from the driving itself, was when you try to avoid a car but don't manage and you know that a small part won't make it past. Apparently in watch dogs the cars are coated with vaseline and you slip right past.
Haven't played much of it, but i seem to walk a lot more than i drive.

Edit: Few gifs to show what i mean

Admittedly the driving is not the best but other than that i'm really enjoying playing Smile
Yeah the rest is quite nice, but driving is quite a big part of the game. Wasn't expecting any brilliant physics, but something along the lines of GTA:San Andreas should be easily possible nowadays.

Slight fix is using a ps3/xbone controller for driving, makes quite a big difference. You got a lot more control that way and can also turn much quicker.
(2014-05-27 22:15)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Slight fix is using a ps3/xbone controller for driving, makes quite a big difference. You got a lot more control that way and can also turn much quicker.

Been doing that from the start, quite enjoyed the fast paced chases even if they weren't the most realistic Smile
(2014-05-27 23:40)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]Been doing that from the start, quite enjoyed the fast paced chases even if they weren't the most realistic Smile

Should have done that Tongue. Much more enjoyable now. The ctos is a really fun feature.

[Image: zVhLytj.jpg]

[Image: siZ2kHO.jpg]
I'm not finding the game as bad as people are saying here, Fair enough the driving is a bit arcadeish but that just makes it more fun.

The 1v1 hacking feature is pretty awesome, have been having some hiding in coffe shops while the other player is running around shitting myself shooting who ever he sees.
(2014-05-29 09:23)Mikee Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not finding the game as bad as people are saying here, Fair enough the driving is a bit arcadeish but that just makes it more fun.

Not gonna say the game isn't fun, but the driving part is just unrealistic bullshit. Even with a controller it's rubbish, bareable but nothing more.

It feels clunky and really unrefined and ubisoft clearly knew that, hence your car acts like a bulldozer. You can easily ram every other car out of the way with mostly no visible damage to your car or slide right through it, then there is the environment where telephone poles/streetlights drop into neat little pieces after the slightest touch.

Watch this at 1:42 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA9BEA4Hxs

It's still a good game, but it's awfully annoying when they screw such obvious stuff up.
Hahaha. The annotations on that video are hilarious Pipa.
Yeah they could of spent more time on it I suppose but hasn't every game had it's flaws on release? Even after Alpha and Beta testing? I'd say give it a while because Ubisoft do update there games regularly as far as I am aware, it looks promising and it is probably disappointing but then again most games are these days haha. Give them time to crack down on user complaints. If not then they suck even more Tongue
@Pipa, Every game has flaws and seems like Ubisoft rushed this. Fair enough they did but It dosen't take away the fun the game gives.

The problems in the video are small (Doesn't take away from the gameplay, just visual for the most of them) and his point about not using hacking tools for missions is retarded. Any 'stealth' game for example Splinter Cell. You can do the missions in what way you wish. Going full gun blazing or being stealthily.

When missions require you to be stealthy hacking is a great tool, that video is incredibly bias and nit picky.
(2014-05-29 12:44)Mikee Wrote: [ -> ]When missions require you to be stealthy hacking is a great tool, that video is incredibly bias and nit picky.

Agreed, although some problems like the train (Which seemed to happen more smoothly for me anyway) need to be fixed, I think others like the sun reflection are ones that really don't make a difference to the gameplay and don't really need to be addressed.
(2014-05-29 12:44)Mikee Wrote: [ -> ]@Pipa, Every game has flaws and seems like Ubisoft rushed this. Fair enough they did but It dosen't take away the fun the game gives.

The problems in the video are small (Doesn't take away from the gameplay, just visual for the most of them)

Just used the video for the poles nothing more.

Never said the game isn't fun, it is pretty good actually. I was just pointing out big flaws for me.
Unison released Driver SF a couple years ago the physics didn't seem too intense wonder why they didn't use them?
Found this:

At first I thought this was a "bad" game, but watching this video made me cancel that thought.
Sounds like Franky.
I'm not sure whether to get Watch Dogs or not, it looks quite fun but the driving puts me off a little.
I don't think the driving is that bad actually. It's more the constant stuttering that gets to me. It's almost like Minecraft on too little RAM, it needs to load the next 'area', which takes up to 10 seconds on my PC, but might just be because I need more RAM.

My PC specs: (Click to View)
Recommended ram is 8gb. So that's most likely it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's