[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: The Crew - Open world racing game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Since there isn't a thread for this game, I guess I'll make one.

The details so far

The world map is 5000 KM^2, or 5 times larger than Just Cause 2 or 40 times GTA 5. Release date is in November.

Game is made by a new studio, Ivory Tower, and is published by Ubisoft. Ivory tower is comprised of people who made TDU 1 and 2, as well as some of the NFS franchise.
Oh I was told about this, it looks absolutely awesome and I will be trying it out when it comes out! W00t

I've actually just gone to the site to try and get a Beta code Tongue
The map size is mental.

It takes 1 hour 30 minutes real time to cross the map.
New York in this game is about the size of Liberty City in GTA 4 and there are several other big cities.

(6213 miles / 9999 km open roads)

In other words:

Quote:Showing off the map size to Teamvvv, Gerighty demonstrated how Grand Theft Auto V’s Los Santos, Red Dead Redemption’s Wild West, Forza Horizon’s Colorado, Need for Speed Rival’s Redview County, Far Cry 3’s tropical island and Skyrim all fit within.

http://mp1st.com/2014/04/09/crews-open-w...9GcFfl_vvW
But its too arcadey!!!
(2014-07-24 23:36)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I was told about this, it looks absolutely awesome and I will be trying it out when it comes out! W00t

I've actually just gone to the site to try and get a Beta code Tongue

Beta ends tomorrow though, I didn't get chosen.
(2014-07-24 23:56)Zipppy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-24 23:36)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I was told about this, it looks absolutely awesome and I will be trying it out when it comes out! =D

I've actually just gone to the site to try and get a Beta code :P

Beta ends tomorrow though, I didn't get chosen.
It does? Awwww :(

Either way if anybody wants to start filling up a crew so we can get these golden numberplate rewards let me know and I should be able to start dragging people in ;)

[Image: jTyn4ir.png]

And just to rub it in, it's cheaper on the PC (At least to pre order) >:D
Might not preorder, because I've been saving for a while for my own car. But I may if the stuff that comes in the box is worth it, like if the model looks good.
I really hope the driving won't be as bad as it was in TDU2. Aside from that, this looks really cool! Smile
(2014-07-24 23:56)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]But its too arcadey!!!

(2014-07-25 04:11)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]I really hope the driving won't be as bad as it was in TDU2. Aside from that, this looks really cool! Smile

As long as it handles about the same as Forza Horizon on simulation mode, I'll be happy. It feels like a good balance.
I'm wondering why those people don't simply sell it on their own or via Steam, instead of some bloody publisher whose only contribution is to sabotage the game by adding some crappy copy protection and a crappy launcher.
The studio was funded by Ubisoft as far as I know, so there goes that.
I've been reading a bit about uPlay being stupid, is it much like the mess GTA IV's copy protection was? Login to Steam, then GFWL, and then Rockstar Social Club. I always had issues with it, and RSC kept logging out randomly, and stuff.

I haven't owned any Ubisoft game other than TrackMania, so I can't say for sure on Ubisoft titles.
I'm not gonna lie.. i have always liked NFS kind of games. Can't wait to try it out! Biggrin
(2014-07-25 09:09)Makee Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not gonna lie.. i have always liked NFS kind of games. Can't wait to try it out! Biggrin

I've enjoyed that type of game too, the more recent games made NFS go down the drain.
Looks interesting! Ohmy
Watched now a couple hours of gameplay of it, it looks way too arcady. Like TDU2, but oh well, its only a beta. I used to enjoy the old NFS' before all the Origin crap.
I remember when I first saw this last year from the E3, and I loved it.

I then started looking deeper on it, and I too got the feeling that the physics seem to be quite horrible, something along TDU2, if not worse.. And lost my interest pretty much.

The good sides would definitely be the huge map and detailed cars with good customizing options.

I don't know much more about the games features, it might have some interesting stuffs to it though.
It's been said that there will be a stickshift option, and will have very nice interior views. If they mess up the handling, then it's a dealbreaker. The guys at gamestop/IGN couldn't drive to save their lives though.
Yeah, I probably at least wait for some reviews of it by this community, once it's released and will then make my final decision whether to buy or not.
There will be another beta this month.
http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-CA...index.aspx
Wasnt this supposed to be one of the launch titles of the PS4? Thrown into the world as "realistic team based race simulator" wich later turned out to be quite a regular racing game?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's