[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: What's on your wish- / Must buy soon list?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(2012-04-05 03:09)Zipppy Wrote: [ -> ]All of this stuff:
AMD FX-4100
Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX750M (maybe a less powerful version though)
Corsair Vengance 2x4 GB (8 GB)
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Make sure you check out the review on the power supply, I didnt on my Corsair TX650W V2 Sad When computer is idle its the loudest component and it's a bit annoying to try sleep with that noise. Is it much more expensive to go for a silver certified power supply?
Will you be running stock fan?
You should go for a motherboard with support for PCI Express 3.0 if you want it to be more featureproof.
(2012-04-05 15:10)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you check out the review on the power supply, I didnt on my Corsair TX650W V2 Sad When computer is idle its the loudest component and it's a bit annoying to try sleep with that noise. Is it much more expensive to go for a silver certified power supply?
Actually, not really that much expensive, I just need to scrape up a bit more spare cash, save a bit more from my job. (My parents won't be happy...) I don't keep my PC on overnight anyway. I found a CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 which is Silver rated.
(2012-04-05 15:10)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]Will you be running stock fan?
Nope, got an Antec Kuhler 620.

(2012-04-05 15:10)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]You should go for a motherboard with support for PCI Express 3.0 if you want it to be more featureproof.
- Give me some suggestions.
(2012-04-06 07:44)Zipppy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-05 15:10)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you check out the review on the power supply, I didnt on my Corsair TX650W V2 Sad When computer is idle its the loudest component and it's a bit annoying to try sleep with that noise. Is it much more expensive to go for a silver certified power supply?
Actually, not really that much expensive, I just need to scrape up a bit more spare cash, save a bit more from my job. (My parents won't be happy...) I don't keep my PC on overnight anyway. I found a CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 which is Silver rated.
(2012-04-05 15:10)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]Will you be running stock fan?
Nope, got an Antec Kuhler 620.

(2012-04-05 15:10)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]You should go for a motherboard with support for PCI Express 3.0 if you want it to be more featureproof.
- Give me some suggestions.

Well if you arent gonna sleep with the PC sometimes on then I guess a bronze certified power supply will just work fine Smile Just make sure you read reviews etc about the one you are interested to prevent annoying fan sound when you are just browsing the web. Due to the power eficency a silver or higher certified power supply will probably sound a bit less.

Kwol, you got the same cpu cooler as me Tongue When it comes to motherboard I'm unfortenatly a Intel fanboy and therefore don't got a clue what motherboard to get for a AMD CPU, all I can say is that you atleast get Sata 3(6GB/s) and if possible PCI Express 3.0.
I've seen some benchmarks, and it seems that the current selection is the fit for me.. and PCIe 3.0 is not that much worth it yet, but give it a few years. All I need to find now is a good case for my Kuhler and airflow for the GFX cards, as I plan on SLI-ing another GTX 560, mainly for Borderlands 2's effects and Battlefield 3 once I get them.
Permanant onboard video system. Need this. Only £140 so maybe on payday Wink

[Image: 7093767289_bf79e21aa6_b.jpg]
Is your car going to be a theft target?
Need to buy this next payday Smile

[Image: das6-pro-menzerna.jpg]
(2012-04-19 19:10)Zipppy Wrote: [ -> ]Is your car going to be a theft target?

No, different reasons lol
(2012-04-19 20:07)McGherkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-19 19:10)Zipppy Wrote: [ -> ]Is your car going to be a theft target?

No, different reasons lol

tell! =P
He's scared for Tubby.
Tubby's car doesn't work, he'll break down before he gets anywhere near me.
On my long-term wishlist Tongue

Honda Hornet 600
[Image: 6934334.jpg]
My new knife:
http://www.cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=3948

gloves:
http://www.cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=3821

and other stuff:

http://www.cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=2205 - in camo

http://www.cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=111

Btw,
I'm not a chav that goes around stabbing random people. I'm a army cadet so the knife i'm buying will be used responsibly Smile
Nice Mariusmm!
[Image: 1Lsuperb.jpg]

One day when I have a house with a garage, I am going down to the scrappy, buying a cheap car and cutting it in half Tongue

Computer e.t.c. lives under the bonnet, attach G25/7 via all the controls, gauges in LFS, screens in the front windows, play LFS proper Wink
That would be pretty cool Smile
Best thing is, apart from the screens, none of it's that expensive. As long as you don't get too manky a car from the scrappy Laugh

About 500 for the car and the wheel, any computer will run it but I guess you want something good, and then just 3 or 4 decent sized screens - probably £1-2000.

You can even run the car's 12v systems probably (so interior lights and instrumentation lights), about £40 for some controller cards and wire it all in Biggrin

Just need somewhere to put all this shit Wink
An SSD is what I'm hoping to buy soon. I have a Western Digital 74GB~ 10,000RPM raptor at the moment and I can't really complain, it does the job. But I want more, so I'm hoping to buy the Crucial M4 seeing as it's only £60 for 64gb.
On the list for possible car I'm going to buy when I get my Drivers Licence, a Metallic Black 2007 Renault Laguna (Estate). I saw one and tought, that with tinted rear windows, black aluminium rims, chrome details and tinted tail lights it would look absolutely fabulous!

Also one costs aroun 12,500€ here now, so maybe after 2 years it'll cost around 10.000 or less. The "sport" version (if I'm right) has around 150HP as a new, I tought of chipping it and maybe buying some other upgrades to the engine as goal of 250-300HP, I would never sell it! Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Reference URL's