[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Kyoto layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Ok, so this is how i see the situation.

Tracks between both TC1 and TC2 get changed every now and then to keep things "fresh" and whatnot.

When we finally get Kyoto, we look foward to it because of autobahn, it gives us a chance to grind and get some money till the server moves to another track.

So why take away this "bonus privileged time" if we can only have it for so long anyway?

Obviously the issues the AB brings with its existance needs to be addressed.

I was thinking about it the other night, If the autobahn was transformed into a 1 way road with merging and exiting lanes and strict rules reguarding the elements implemented. That i think would drasticly reduce accidents and pit manouvers could be performed safely.
(2012-02-07 03:33)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so this is how i see the situation.

Tracks between both TC1 and TC2 get changed every now and then to keep things "fresh" and whatnot.

When we finally get Kyoto, we look foward to it because of autobahn, it gives us a chance to grind and get some money till the server moves to another track.

So why take away this "bonus privileged time" if we can only have it for so long anyway?

I was thinking about it the other night, If the autobahn was transformed into a 1 way road with merging and exiting lanes and strict rules reguarding the elements implemented. That i think would drasticly reduce accidents and pit manouvers could be performed safely.

I'm sure we already tried having the autobahn heading in 1 direction and it was a disaster, no1 could stay in their lanes or anything and it turned out to be worse.
(2012-02-07 05:14)Savy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure we already tried having the autobahn heading in 1 direction and it was a disaster, no1 could stay in their lanes or anything and it turned out to be worse.

Savy, I agree with your opinion about people can't stay in their lanes, but does it makes sense? In any other track people are wrong siding as well, on the autobahn people don't change lanes but they mostly do stay on their sides.

The chasing problem can be 'helped out' as well I guess. The T-junction at the old pits there's a small lane which goes straight so people don't have to slow down, modify such spots a little more so people HAVE to slowdown and you'd get a complete other autobahn.

(2012-02-07 03:33)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]When we finally get Kyoto, we look foward to it because of autobahn, it gives us a chance to grind and get some money till the server moves to another track.

Like Felipe Jardim says, a lot of people including me are looking forward to the autobahn to get some easily money. I've drove 1000 km's several times on other servers then Kyoto but that one is the easiest one.

I hope the TC staff will think about these suggestions, because closing the autobahn isn't the answer as you see.

Kind regards,
Steef
75Mph Speed limit enforced on Autobahn + Tommer's layout (+ Possibly slower backroad speeds) = Solve Kyoto's copping problem.
Come on TC Just try it out...
Quote:Yes!* 41 85.42%
The people who truly care about Kyoto have spoken, others mainly sit on Jamaica.
Quote:If you never try, you'll never know.
Well imma just say a few words..then im going on my training course#

** I'm just happy that there is a TC for us to go on**

Of on a training course be back later

Saphira
I like the new layout, it encourages people to use the whole track - Kyoto has some great corners but most people were too busy pretending to be NASCAR drivers to take advantage of them! (Me included sometimes)

Of course it would be better to have an "open" layout, but its just not possible, in my mind, to discourage the use of Autobahn without completely shutting it off. I'm sure if someone proves me, and TC, wrong and makes a good layout that could work, they would listen. However I am yet to see one...
(2012-02-07 09:13)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I like the new layout, it encourages people to use the whole track - Kyoto has some great corners but most people were too busy pretending to be NASCAR drivers to take advantage of them! (Me included sometimes)

Of course it would be better to have an "open" layout, but its just not possible, in my mind, to discourage the use of Autobahn without completely shutting it off. I'm sure if someone proves me, and TC, wrong and makes a good layout that could work, they would listen. However I am yet to see one...

(2012-02-05 21:11)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]In regards to Autobahn chases - This is what the advanced manouvers we teach in training are for, such as box against wall, or rolling roadblock.

If we could get cops confident in fast cars such as fz5 by offering driver training maybe autobahn chases would not be so much of a challenge, even I struggle to get along with an Fz5 Mellow

Though this does not necessarily fix the problem of autobahn chases, I created a junction at the ex-roundabout that I think does a better job at encouraging people to drive off the autobahn since the faster routes go away from the autobahn, and I think it's less pile up prone too since it doesn't filter into one narrow sharp lane so quickly..

[Image: scaled.php?server=51&filename=pr...res=medium]

Layout attached
You can quote other posts all you like, but if he didn't agree with the reasoning the first time, I don't think he will now.. Wink
I have read the other posts in this thread Bez Wink

Tommers layout is, in my opinion, a better option in terms of safety than the old roundabout, however it still doesn't solve the issue we are talking about - if anything, I think I could go through that faster than before to get back onto the Autobahn
(2012-02-07 09:26)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I have read the other posts in this thread Bez Wink

Tommers layout is, in my opinion, a better option in terms of safety than the old roundabout, however it still doesn't solve the issue we are talking about - if anything, I think I could go through that faster than before to get back onto the Autobahn

I do belive with Tommers layout, you'd use less objects. Those extra objects can remake the T-junction (Look below) to an safer cross-point.
People can't cross with +200km/h at this point anymore, which IS safer for people leaving the autobahn and turning on the autobahn.

If this works, you have 2 points on the autobahn where people have to slow down, both are points where people constantly getting into / leaving from the autobahn.

It isn't the best sketch ever, but you can see the idea behind it.

[Image: solutiontj.jpg]
(2012-02-07 03:33)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]When we finally get Kyoto, we look foward to it because of autobahn, it gives us a chance to grind and get some money till the server moves to another track.

(2012-02-07 08:04)steef Wrote: [ -> ]Like Felipe Jardim says, a lot of people including me are looking forward to the autobahn to get some easily money. I've drove 1000 km's several times on other servers then Kyoto but that one is the easiest one.

This fact (and attitude) is one of the main issues.

1. It's easy money, so that's the biggest reason for a lot of people never/rarely leave the autobahn.

2. Easy money itself is a problem.
- The tracks should ideally be as balanced as possible, so that one of the tracks isn't favoured more just because you can earn more/less money. This is why slow tracks (Sydney) have a higher bonus value.
- Kyoto itself is actually very nice to drive, but many people don't realise, because they're just grinding the easy money all the time.
- Getting lots of money fast is actually bad in the long run. Fast money means you're more likely to get all the cars and sooner. Then what? You have nothing to aim for, so you get bored and it's time for another reset. We're trying to find a balance of earning & spending rates with the aim of never needing to reset again as a result of people not getting bored with nothing to aim for. An easy money road/track just ruins that balance.
It's not all about money and cars.
A lot of us had all the cars they wanted before the reset, but were still enjoying driving on the servers.
The gameplay here is awesome, with great cops and robbers. Whether I have all cars or not, all that counts for me is being able to cruise/cop with my friends. And I'm sure it's not just me who thinks that way.

A track like Kyoto indeed is a nice way of making money. If you don't like people driving on the AB for two weeks non-stop, put Montana on at the same time. Or leave Kyoto on for just one week.

A more drastic solution would be to bring back the closed configs, with KY2 and KY3. Though I'm afraid nobody would like this.
(2012-02-07 15:45)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]The gameplay here is awesome, with great cops and robbers. Whether I have all cars or not, all that counts for me is being able to cruise/cop with my friends. And I'm sure it's not just me who thinks that way.
+1
I agree with KaraK.
(2012-02-07 15:45)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]A more drastic solution would be to bring back the closed configs, with KY2 and KY3. Though I'm afraid nobody would like this.

That was the theory behind the current closed track - KY2 and KY3 combined, but based on the International config to be a little different. Quite a lot of people do like the original layout we did for it, although the current one needs some tweaking for the KY2 pits.
Lets just face it lads and lasses, TC doesn't care what we think and wont act on it. So lets suck it up and just play LFS and enjoy driving. Even if they are trying to re-shape TC to be some one route TRACK cruising instead of keeping its open layouts that it's users enjoy and love.

-Bez
^sure seems that way, sucks the AB cant be open

And as for the "nothing to aim for comment"

Cars do wear out, unlike before, Its gonna get to a point where im going to need another XFR. 110K just doesnt pop outta no where.
Just... Dont frickin' complain. New layout, imo, is good enough. AB was great and unique but still, the current layout is nice too. Why do you even come to cruise server to drive circles? Is it really fun? Or then you just try to earn money but earn it for what? New faster car to drive a circle with? Go to oval server if you want to drive around and around the oval. I drive because I want to cruise. And tbh, cruising is just driving where the road goes. I'd hope everyone else would think that driving is what we are doing, eh? Not driving around. + Theres always ppl, who come to a slower point of traffic with their fast cars in the AB and start honking their horns and trying stupid overtakes, while they could wait 10secs that the jam clears out.
(2012-02-07 16:54)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Lets just face it lads and lasses, TC doesn't care what we think and wont act on it.

We do care what you think, however we also care what other people think.
(2012-02-07 15:11)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]This fact (and attitude) is one of the main issues.

1. It's easy money, so that's the biggest reason for a lot of people never/rarely leave the autobahn.

2. Easy money itself is a problem.
- The tracks should ideally be as balanced as possible, so that one of the tracks isn't favoured more just because you can earn more/less money. This is why slow tracks (Sydney) have a higher bonus value.
- Kyoto itself is actually very nice to drive, but many people don't realise, because they're just grinding the easy money all the time.
- Getting lots of money fast is actually bad in the long run. Fast money means you're more likely to get all the cars and sooner. Then what? You have nothing to aim for, so you get bored and it's time for another reset. We're trying to find a balance of earning & spending rates with the aim of never needing to reset again as a result of people not getting bored with nothing to aim for. An easy money road/track just ruins that balance.

Isn't this the reason why the 'service' and 'condition' function came in? Because people had all cars and +500,000 euro's which they couldn't spend?

You're talking about unbalance that already has been fixed by these functions Elmo, people will have to earn money to get their cars a service or to buy new cars if their old ones are worn out.
So this track was a great opportunity to gain some money for example: fines, service, cars, rentals.

Ofcourse it is annoying if people don't drive around the track, but stick to the autobahn. It is just because of this opportunity! I'd prefer the autobahn too, because it is fun besides the easily gathering money.

(2012-02-07 18:17)Kyllone Wrote: [ -> ]Just... Dont frickin' complain. New layout, imo, is good enough. AB was great and unique but still, the current layout is nice too. Why do you even come to cruise server to drive circles? Is it really fun? Or then you just try to earn money but earn it for what? New faster car to drive a circle with? Go to oval server if you want to drive around and around the oval. I drive because I want to cruise. And tbh, cruising is just driving where the road goes. I'd hope everyone else would think that driving is what we are doing, eh? Not driving around. + Theres always ppl, who come to a slower point of traffic with their fast cars in the AB and start honking their horns and trying stupid overtakes, while they could wait 10secs that the jam clears out.

Because you're thinking like this, doesn't mean everyone has the same opinion ofcourse. No, it is not to 'drive circles' but it is fun to have a high speed cruise with friends.
And go to an oval server, Kyllone, as part of the community you do understand that you don't see all your friends in some random oval server right? Besides, the layout and the traffic does it all, it is very realistic Wink.

If you'd ask me for the biggest issue, I would agree with Kyllone. (See the bold part in Kyllone's quote)
Fast cars, underestimated skills, high speed, slow traffic.. A total disaster if someone does crash.
Thats why (including me) are trying to find a better solution as a complete lockdown of the autobahn.

Any second opinions?
Kind regards,

Steef
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's