[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Kyoto layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
For me, the current layout just seems a bit illogical. I perfectly understand the fact you want people to stay off the Autobahn as it's monotonous to drive around it 24/7, gaining money massively whilst doing so (not to mention the tedious chases on the Autobahn as well).

The fact you have to either U-Turn or go into the SZ2 at one point of the map just seems a bit odd and unnecessary to me. I think your idea of trying to get people off the Autobahn is a good one, but it could definitely be done in a more appropriate manner, in my opinion.

Also the ramps are a bit odd. :/
(2012-02-08 12:49)ZsoLT Wrote: [ -> ]Or You just give a *Removed* to votes?

Perfect example of undermining your own argument. Did you actually read what all the TC's posted in this thread? Because if you did you would understand that going back to the old layout is not an option and never will. Also people who like this layout are unlikely to vote here and the serverstats indicate that enough users like the new layout.

I liked the Autobahn aswell but it compromised the cops&robbers bit heavily and that is something which can not be tolerated.

Tommers layout looks pretty good, although i still have doubts this could work. Worth a shot though, especially since he is one of the few that this discussion actually benefits from.
(2012-02-08 15:40)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]For me, the current layout just seems a bit illogical. I perfectly understand the fact you want people to stay off the Autobahn as it's monotonous to drive around it 24/7, gaining money massively whilst doing so (not to mention the tedious chases on the Autobahn as well).

The fact you have to either U-Turn or go into the SZ2 at one point of the map just seems a bit odd and unnecessary to me. I think your idea of trying to get people off the Autobahn is a good one, but it could definitely be done in a more appropriate manner, in my opinion.

I love how you blatantly used a thesaurus in the first 2 paragraphs Tongue
(2012-02-08 16:04)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-08 15:40)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]For me, the current layout just seems a bit illogical. I perfectly understand the fact you want people to stay off the Autobahn as it's monotonous to drive around it 24/7, gaining money massively whilst doing so (not to mention the tedious chases on the Autobahn as well).

I love how you blatantly used a thesaurus in the first 2 paragraphs Tongue

and if he did? :3

THE END OF THE WORLD Scared
I didn't. Tongue

(In response to post #106 - I don't want to spam up the thread. Biggrin)

(2012-02-08 16:20)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]The use of big words throughout the first 2 paragraphs, then that last little sentence made me giggle.

Yeah the last sentence does look a bit out of place. I pretty much put a lot of effort into the first two paragraphs then thought, aahh fudge it and rushed the last sentence Biggrin
The use of big words throughout the first 2 paragraphs, then that last little sentence made me giggle.
I read everything in that theard. My english isnt enough good to argue here, but i want to say something. Some of you guys said that at AB there is lots of crashes, wrong way drivers, noone slowing down for sirens but at all other maps ppl are doing the same thing. I did lots of circles at AB, because its fun for me. I did escaped in XRT few times cops in XFR, FZ5, FXO and other cars without crashing. I did lots of circles without crashing, so if i can do it, then every one can do so. If someone dont stop for siren - then kick him, if he wrong side - same situation. If chases at AB are still problem then maybe ppl who has the problems there should get driving lessons?

But if its not that, if TC's dont like ppl earning money so fast at AB, maybe you should disable earning money at AB? Or slow ppl down by other ways. People dont like new layout, but you dont do antyhing with this... why? It really seems like you dont care what ppl want.
Just so you know, the layout has been updated.
A new layout (Created by Chuck & Elmo) has been released. Check it out for yourself.
Why don't you ask to make a new layout by the members? Just a few requirements and lets see what it brings then.
This new layout is a bit better, only not satisfying enough for me.
Checked the new layout. If open autobahn is not option, maybe this is the best compromise, good work.
But we can't give a try for Tommers layout?
I quite like it now. Definitely an improvement.
(2012-02-08 06:59)GKA Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-08 05:40)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]How was his post childish? Guy is simply expressing himself because he feels like his opinion (and a whole bunch of others who feel the same) isn't being heard.

Easy there buddy. Pipa was merely pointing out how the post wasn't really constructive criticism nor said in a reasonably mature way. It's fine to express your opinion, but you have to make sure it sounds like you did so with a level head.

Quote:Dont mean to be that guy and point out the obvious but an 46 to 11 vote shows that you either don't care or aren't acting upon the situation.

Unless the insim polls us on our opinion once we enter the server, I personally don't think that can be a valid, unbiased poll. It's like going to the southern US states and asking if gay marriage should be legal, then saying whatever answer you get should apply to the US as a whole. It's gonna be biased due to the selective sample.

In this case, it's likely that a few are people who are regulars on the servers, but not the forums, end up visiting the forums because the layout changed. The people who didn't mind the change, don't end up visiting the forums, and thus, the vote would then be slightly skewed in favor of going to the old layout. Also, there's no middle ground kind of option in that poll for people such as me, who would prefer a different layout, but not necessarily the old layout, and as such, our votes are not counted. From what I've seen on the server there seems to be an equal number of people both for and against the new layout. All the rest, which seems to outnumber both sides, fall into the "I don't care either way" category.

Oh, and please note that this is coming from a person who's farmed the AB with XRR for the last 5 or so times Kyoto was on Tongue

So change it back to the way it was. If people dont like that, they can vote against it. If they don't care then they don't care lol.
The way i been seeing it, and how other people told me, i think more people favor the open layout.

And the whole gay marriage thing, each state in the US has it's own constitution so it would be up to each state. My state voted yes on decriminalizing weed and also voted yes on gay marriages. Great state to be in, except our roads suck and the governor is a _________
Good work Chuck and Elmo.
(2012-02-08 20:49)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]I quite like it now. Definitely an improvement.

I agree, the layout is alot more open now.
Good job Elmo and Chuck. Thumbup
(2012-02-08 20:08)ZsoLT Wrote: [ -> ]But we can't give a try for Tommers layout?

+1
Well... sorry for my bad english at first.
imho this layout, made by Chuck and Elmo, is nothing more than attempt to shut our's mouths. Sorry fot that, but it's true.
Why did you guys closed the AB?
Earning fast money? Set speed limit at Autobahn to 120.
Wrong way drive? Another simple clue... Set armco around all! AB. It's not a problem even in 800 objects at open configuration.
Chases around the AB? Dunno what kind of * have to be to try espace form police only by driving on autobahn...

btw. if the main reason was fast earning money... You can't remedy this.
Few days ago I came at Kyoto and saw there a few guys, who were driving all the time around on the part of opened Autobahn... W00t
So... if someone wants to drive at Autobahn he gonna do it. No matter what kind of layout will be.
Cheers!
(2012-02-09 09:49)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-08 20:08)ZsoLT Wrote: [ -> ]But we can't give a try for Tommers layout?

+1
(2012-02-09 10:21)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-09 09:49)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]

+1
(2012-02-09 10:07)porez Wrote: [ -> ]Well... sorry for my bad english at first.
imho this layout, made by Chuck and Elmo, is nothing more than attempt to shut our's mouths. Sorry fot that, but it's true.
It did apparently not work on you then lol
It is an improvement to the more restrictive version. In that way, I'd call it successful.

(2012-02-09 10:07)porez Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you guys closed the AB?
Earning fast money?
Money is certainly a reason, but a number of people simply got bored of it. Furthermore, many people simply circled it, usually those in fast cars to get money from bonuses. Usually those who constantly spam "Autobahn FAST | SLOW blah" while terrorizing slower cars. Well, I don't know what Elmo's exact thoughts have been, but those were my reason to support a change.

(2012-02-09 10:07)porez Wrote: [ -> ]Set speed limit at Autobahn to 120.
What kind of arguments are we getting then?

(2012-02-09 10:07)porez Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong way drive? Another simple clue... Set armco around all! AB. It's not a problem even in 800 objects at open configuration.

There are *never* enough objects.

PS: We will most likely not always play this layout when playing Kyoto. I'm certain we will see the old layout again or maybe even a Autobahn-only variant.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's