[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
May the victims rest in peace.

Why do they have to shoot others if they hate their own life? Why not just then go to somewhere else and end just their own life if they seem to want it so bad. *Removed* shit.
These laws mean nothing. People will obtain guns and shoot people no matter what happens. Tragedies like this will always happen. Its a sad truth. No change in the law can stop it.

Anyway, it is indeed a tragedy. My thoughts and heart goes out to the families of the victims.
(2012-12-15 13:10)James Wrote: [ -> ]These laws mean nothing. People will obtain guns and shoot people no matter what happens. Tragedies like this will always happen. Its a sad truth. No change in the law can stop it.
Obviously you are right, because these events happen in western European countries ALL THE TIME. Glare

Fact is, if this guy's mom didn't have a gun, he wouldn't have a gun to steal.
(2012-12-15 13:10)James Wrote: [ -> ]These laws mean nothing. People will obtain guns and shoot people no matter what happens. Tragedies like this will always happen. Its a sad truth. No change in the law can stop it.

Anyway, it is indeed a tragedy. My thoughts and heart goes out to the families of the victims.

Oh, so that's why in Canada we had 173 gun homicides in 2011, England and Wales had 41, but the United States had 9,146 (The Guardian). It's all about the gun laws.
There would be gun crime no matter what the law says.

Why are people getting so worked up and defensive over this law discussion ? Surely that effort should be put towards actually remembering what this topic is really about. The actual shooting.
(2012-12-15 15:38)James Wrote: [ -> ]There would be gun crime no matter what the law says.

Why are people getting so worked up and defensive over this law discussion ?

Because 20 children just died who should have lived long lives? Over 9000 people in the United States. In most Western countries, less than 100 are dying. 9000 people are getting shot and killed in the US who could have survived. It's the automatic weapons, it's the large magazines, it's the easy access to guns. People argue that murders will happen with or without the guns, it's not the guns that kill, it's the people that kill. That's a child's argument. In China, there was a school STABBING, 22 children injured. NOT dead. That's because guns do kill people.
.. When did I ever say that guns didnt kill people ?

Meh. I wont be drawn into a fruitless discussion. Enjoy.

I apologise if I have come accross as a male genital.
thats never good news. i don't see why everyone is shooked and its in the news all over the WORLD though.

Its nothing new that its easy to get guns in the US and that they have a high crimerate. Yet another example how the media directs our thinking. Ever heard of a such a news broadcast for the people that die over there by not beeing able to pay their heathcare? I haven't. and now that its schoolchildren and a psychoath we are all in deep regret when everything they would need to do is talking about what should change to prevent it in future...

but don't worry before they can even start of thinking theres a poice chase or an IED in afghanistan to show even more blood.
(2012-12-15 13:08)Kyllone Wrote: [ -> ]May the victims rest in peace.

Why do they have to shoot others if they hate their own life? Why not just then go to somewhere else and end just their own life if they seem to want it so bad. *Removed* *Removed*.

Most of the time they hate the society
e.g Humanity is overrated t-shirt
(2012-12-15 13:08)Kyllone Wrote: [ -> ]May the victims rest in peace.

Why do they have to shoot others if they hate their own life? Why not just then go to somewhere else and end just their own life if they seem to want it so bad. *Removed* *Removed*.

Why not go out with a bang?
You also have to consider how much larger the US is and how many different cultures and lifestyles are hear. It's only been 200 years since the country was founded of curse there will be accidents! And as stated above look how the media made all of you think the gun laws were liable, James said it well.

But I'm done arguing over this, our gun laws are great (I actually need to start a show is your firearms thread! Biggrin ), end of story, our school security sucks, our money is wasted on special needs programs end of story. (A special needs student typically gets over ten times the funding of a normal student...imagine if I had that backing me I'd be an air traffic controller already!) and most importantly we need to move on. Yes 20 children passed away, but moaning and showing it on TV will get us no where but anger and will promote further instances because of the publicity.
(2012-12-15 17:32)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]You also have to consider how much larger the US is and how many different cultures and lifestyles are hear. It's only been 200 years since the country was founded of curse there will be accidents! And as stated above look how the media made all of you think the gun laws were liable, James said it well.

But I'm done arguing over this, our gun laws are great (I actually need to start a show is your firearms thread! Biggrin ), end of story, our school security sucks,our money is wasted on special needs programs end of story. (A special needs student typically gets over ten times the funding of a normal student...imagine if I had that backing me I'd be an air traffic controller already!) and most importantly we need to move on. Yes 20 children passed away, but moaning and showing it on TV will get us no where but anger and will promote further instances because of the publicity.

Wow, that comment just made mad and laugh at the same time at you. You should really think about what you are posting here.

You really need to get a grip.

Why do you think they get the extra funding?
(2012-12-15 17:32)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]But I'm done arguing over this, our gun laws are great (I actually need to start a show is your firearms thread! Biggrin ), end of story, our school security sucks, our money is wasted on special needs programs end of story. (A special needs student typically gets over ten times the funding of a normal student

OMG actually helping special needs people... what a *Removed* disgrace.... get a clue man
(2012-12-15 17:32)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]But I'm done arguing over this, our gun laws are great (I actually need to start a show is your firearms thread! Biggrin ), end of story, our school security sucks, our money is wasted on special needs programs end of story. (A special needs student typically gets over ten times the funding of a normal student...imagine if I had that backing me I'd be an air traffic controller already!) and most importantly we need to move on. Yes 20 children passed away, but moaning and showing it on TV will get us no where but anger and will promote further instances because of the publicity.

Oh, so someone has a disability and they actually need more help to succeed, and you don't want them to? Oh, and your gun laws are great because you can have all the guns in the world... hm...
Such hate for people with disabilities is not a good idea, trust me i'm a german.
(2012-12-15 17:32)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]our money is wasted on special needs programs end of story. (A special needs student typically gets over ten times the funding of a normal student...imagine if I had that backing me I'd be an air traffic controller already!)

I'm pretty sure the money spent on the following would massively outweigh any funds devoted to those less privileged than ourselves:

- Dealing with Firearms licences
- Medical care of gunwounds
- Police intervention of guncrime
- Counselling of those involved in gun incidents

Solution? Get over yourself and realise that guns are not necessary, and I believe, very few members of society have the responsibility to even be near a car, let alone a firearm.

You seem to hold the most ill-informed and offensive views i've seen on this forum - but each to their own, free speech and all that jazz.
Well, that escalated quickly..

(Sorry, I had to Unsure )

I thought my replies were rather controversial. I have to say, people cant help being disabled in some way, whether that be because of MS and theyre in a wheelchair or because they are someway mentally challenged. Alot of these people need help to be part of society.

My brother has dyslexia and without funding, he wouldnt have been able to be better at maths and english. Hell he is alot better than me. Without that kind of funding, my brother wouldnt even be able to get a job as a cleaner let alone a diver which he wants to become.

I actually feel sorry for you if this really is your view on the matter.
I understand what Blade is saying, because he actually is from the US. The way people think there is soooo different, as I've come to notice a thousand times. Even the left-wing there is probably ten times more conservative than any european right-wing politics. Laugh
(2012-12-15 17:32)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]...our money is wasted on special needs programs end of story. (A special needs student typically gets over ten times the funding of a normal student...

...and most importantly we need to move on. Yes 20 children passed away, but moaning and showing it on TV will get us no where but anger and will promote further instances because of the publicity...

I think I'm scared of the way you think.

Yes, this is a public forum and you're more than entitled to your own opinion, but perhaps you should think before posting it if you want to be respected by others in the community.

Those comments have done you 0 favours.
I could care less about what people think about my viewpoints, I'm a realist. I work at a gas station while in college and have watched people abuse the system to buy junk food, alcohol, an such all on my dime. My sister has dyslexia as well, and yet the schools barely did anything and she lost the privilege in high school. My parents make too much money for me to qualify or any help or assistance, I had no support from the school with my want to succeed. Yet there were 20 special needs children who had an entire floor and a massive staff. I know they have different needs, but we were using textbooks from the 90s in 2011 while they got brand new technology yearly. I'm not trying to say ditch them or anything, but America has slipped back in education because of situations like this.

But audio jack validated my point. Society in Europe has a totally different view from over here. Europe is founded around the whole, while America is to succeed as an individual.

And supporting my point about gun laws. The massacre in china was over 20 people with a knife...So I have to cut my steak with a spoon according to your theory. Criminals can still get the goods if they are illegal, but good people cannot, so how could we be protected? Our police response time is 15 minutes in our town if you are lucky. And we only have 20,000-50,000 people!

I'm not trying to piss people off, I'm just trying to broaden your perspective, this is a *Removed* up world, how we choose to protect ourselves is completely different.

EDIT: I was talking to some of my buddies and ex Europeans, they said its a totally different lifestyle. They agreed our viewpoints(especially me being way way right wing) will seem crazy to you guys! I always forget this is a British forum lol. I mean you guys drink super young, we drive and can buy rifles. Sounds like a fair trade!

I also forgot to mention, our sympathy goes out to the families (we have friends who live within 30 minutes) and the statement about moving past it was not meant to be heartless or an asshole. It's just that of we dwell on something too long it builds up in needed anger.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's