[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2012-12-17 02:56)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Does anyone care? Nope. We pretend we didn't see it. We pretend we don't see anything. Whatever bothers us, we simply complain about it. What else can we do?
That's the ignorance many outsiders (like Europe) see from Americans. Americans like to live a happy, easy life. Whatever bothers them is either spewed out to a psychologist or locked away like nuclear waste. Ignorance means we refuse to learn what we don't like. (I don't need to explain that one) So, this means we turn to guns. With a gun, we can almost instantly remove a threat.

Of course, removing one means matching or overpowering that threat. If one has that power, they can be a threat. The idea behind removing guns, is to remove any possible threats. That would mean we would also need to remove any steak knives, thumb tacks, cars, plastic bags, alprazolam, dioxin, bicycles, textbooks, computers, socialization, people, religious texts, heavy machinery, motorcycles, forks, coffee tables, nightstands, lamps, lampshades, Internet, paper, writing utensils, glasses, gasoline, air fresheners, cleaning agents, nails, nailguns, drills, and high heel shoes (thin heel). Imagine all of the threats we encounter in our daily lives? Removing it doesn't end it. It only inconveniences the problem and makes it smarter. The threat is the external influences that make us who we are.

It's not the tool that's dangerous. It's what uses it.
Or cause a major gunfight involving many victims.

This kind of ignorance just makes me cry.

Let's say this guy didn't have this 'tool', he would get another one right? Most logical replacement I can think of is a knife. How long do you think it would take to kill 28 people by knife compared to a gun? And besides that there's also a higher posibility of protecting yourself, or taking the knife from him.

But noooo, the gun he had surely didn't cause this.

The difference between guns and other weapons is that a gun is dangerous from any visible distance, other weapons barely are. There will always be threats, but your guns laws make these threats more likely to happen and make these threats more dangerous.
If the guy wouldn't have a gun, he wouldn't have shot anyone right?

I agree fully with every single word Malibu wrote.
Lanza went to buy a rifle, but they didn't sell him one because of the background checks and a waiting period, which he didn't accept. So then he proceeded get weaponry by the means of theft Rolleyes

A fitting song:

Malibu, I was explaining the thought process the typical American gun owner may have.

What ignorance am I displaying? I showed different perspectives and even covered pros and cons of them. I probably didn't do a great job of organizing the text but that's what I was trying to explain.

The real ignorance is claiming the gun is a murderer. The gun doesn't have free will.

I'd love to continue but I have class.
Fun picture

[Image: 425615_10151180976846275_7660547_n.jpg]
Amen!
(2012-12-17 15:36)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]Malibu, I was explaining the thought process the typical American gun owner may have.

What ignorance am I displaying? I showed different perspectives and even covered pros and cons of them. I probably didn't do a great job of organizing the text but that's what I was trying to explain.

The real ignorance is claiming the gun is a murderer. The gun doesn't have free will.

I'd love to continue but I have class.

You didn't.

And that's also a very bad argument, this way you could legalize any weapon, from knifes to atom bombs.
I'm not supportive of gun control nor the open sale of weapons (or whatever the proper term is), I'm neutral on the subject.

Technically it would violate the 2nd Ammendment of the US Consitiution this country prides itself on, so complete gun control would be illegal here.

It's not a bad argument, it's just vague and easily exploitable. It is true though.
(2012-12-17 21:54)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]Technically it would violate the 2nd Ammendment of the US Consitiution this country prides itself on, so complete gun control would be illegal here.

Sorry, I didn't know the US was diagnosed with terminal idiocy.
Yup. Frankly, I don't think this country is going to last much longer the way it is.
I think the discussion points raised in this thread, this will make a very interesting read taken from a uk newspaper which contains the speech which Mr Obama said:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2FMLRVGre
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Obama has stated a similar statement after each event. But I forgot the link but am on my iPhone. They said gun control support is still at a point lower than Colombine. People realize the gun was procured illegally. We went to the shooting range today and had t wait over a half an hour! I have never waited that long to shoot before! It was awesome! And even old ladies were there taking pistol courses! I am ordering my STG-44(assault rifle) friday! Biggrin
(2012-12-18 04:43)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]ordering my STG-44

Well atleast that has a lot of historical value Laugh

Is it actually a genuine StG from the 40's?
I find it rather disturbing that every news broadcast on TV and radio for the last days start with the words "After a shooting in a US elementary school blah blah". Now suddenly everyone acts like they were personally concerned. Would any news-show even mention it more than once if it was an elementary school in Mexico and not the United States? Would American TV-stations begin every show with that headline if it was Germany or France? I don't think so.
That virtual "cease fire" is just grotesque too. What happened was certainly a human tragedy but quite frankly, I don't care. It is 8,000km away and neither my family nor any friends live there, why would I care? People die every day, everywhere on the planet and nobody gives a damn. Did anyone ever ask for a "ceasefire" for the
people getting killed in Syria these days or the child-soldiers in Uganda?
Just because its the USA this time, it's something different?
(2012-12-18 15:43)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]That virtual "cease fire" is just grotesque too. What happened was certainly a human tragedy but quite frankly, I don't care. It is 8,000km away and neither my family nor any friends live there, why would I care? People die every day, everywhere on the planet and nobody gives a damn. Did anyone ever ask for a "ceasefire" for the
people getting killed in Syria these days or the child-soldiers in Uganda?
Just because its the USA this time, it's something different?

The thing is, that I guess most of the online Ego-Shooter gamers are coming from the United States, as well as many games are developed there (I know, DICE is in Sweden I think). That's probably why the "cease fire" started virtually, which is in my opinion a nice gesture.
Well there are certainly a lot of reasons that contributed to this tragedy, but video games are not the crucial factor. It has got nothing to do with it and it's about as effective as all those facebook likes for world peace.

Not saying sympathy is wrong, but since i am not emotionally involved i don't feel anything. However i am interested that these things don't happen again, but from the looks of it i have my doubts.
Actually Chuck, there was lots and lots of coverage of a shooting at a school in france, by people on motorbikes not too long ago.
Go obama!

Actually Chuck is right, I shouldn't be caring either.
Let's not forget that most Americans are incredibly conceited. "We're the best country in the world" still flies here.

Considering I live literally 150mi away, it's endlessly preached about in school and everyone looks at each other like murderers. It's incredibly annoying.

And to finalize the American media, no, it would not be in the news unless an American was involved. We only care about Canadians because we share a border and is similar to us in certain ways. It's all about ratings here, not about content. (Fox News..hinthint)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's