[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Time for G29?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2015-05-21 17:55)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]what about Gearbox shift?
There appears to be a box for the shifter in the background.

Edit: I found what is apparently a prototype of the wheel (which probably explains the slightly different G series logo), legit?
[Image: AEmklr9.jpg]
(2015-05-21 19:00)ReplicaSkinCollector Wrote: [ -> ]

Edit: I found what is apparently a prototype of the wheel (which probably explains the slightly different G series logo), legit?
Snip
Looks the same to me (G)
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-roeu
Well it looks good. More than likely a prototype to bring in investors.
Looks like the lovechild of the DFGT and G27. I would buy that.

That is what the G27 should have been.
Does look a bit small. Not sure my stubby fingers will appreciate it.
I know that is MOMO+DFGT+G27 = G29!
I didn't even think that wheel could get uglier than DFGT
To be honest if my G27 were to break I would probably go for a Thrustmaster or a Fanatec. Not really a fan of that new design at all.
I never like it bt it looks cool.It seems to be an airplane comtroller..amd I prefer a comtroler like real cars..nut im sure that if it arent so much expemsive i will try to buy it
Guys is that steering wheel picture the actual new G29? If it is then it looks horrible by the way!
(2015-05-21 22:09)petsu Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't even think that wheel could get uglier than DFGT

Yeah, logitech have always had a knack of making something look look weird or out of place. The G25 and G27 are really the most normal looking products they have ever made!

I mean, anyone who has had any set of Logitech speakers will be able to confirm this, there is just plastic where there needn't be plastic.
G29 look good not bad... G29 has more buttons easy press binds for as cop Smile
I found information that Logitech registered the Gaming controller device and passed EMC test at South Korea National Radio Research Agency in 09/Apr/2015.

http://rra.go.kr/board/device/view.jsp?a...0000067015
(W-U0002 Wheel and Pedal)

http://rra.go.kr/board/device/view.jsp?a...0000067023
(W-U0003 Shifter)

(translation of korean language)

국립전파연구원: National Radio Research Agency

상 호: Company name
기 기 명 칭: Equipment Name
모 델 명: Model name
파생모델명: Derived model name
인 증 번 호: Certification Number
제 조 자: Manufacturers
제 조 국 가: Contury of Origin (중국 = China) (Made in China)
인증연월일: Certification Date
기 타: etc.

original Logitech G27's model name is W-U0001. so W-U0002 and W-U0003 will be the successor of G27.
(2015-05-21 19:00)ReplicaSkinCollector Wrote: [ -> ]

[Image: AEmklr9.jpg]

After looking at this image for a couple seconds I noticed a thing, it's a playstation device. Not only the buttons X O triangle and square give it away, but look at the button on the bottom wheel spoke, clearly a playstation logo.

Leaning towards not being a G anything. (Seriously, I don't see the G29 being a playstation wheel, it's just comedy now.)
Logitech have made wheels for consoles before you know, this isn't the first.. The g25 was secretly a ps3 wheel (though not officially), look at how all the buttons are laid out on the shifter.

The DFGT was an official PS3 wheel but later had PC drivers. This may not be the G29, but looks like it would be made by logitech in the future.
(2015-05-25 10:20)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]Logitech have made wheels for consoles before you know, this isn't the first.. The g25 was secretly a ps3 wheel (though not officially), look at how all the buttons are laid out on the shifter.

The DFGT was an official PS3 wheel but later had PC drivers. This may not be the G29, but looks like it would be made by logitech in the future.

I never said they didn't or wouldn't. Smile

Just pointing out the likelihood of seeing a G branded wheel for only Playstation is highly unlikely. The PC players will feel the kick in the nuts. Xbox players don't care either way about anything. Logi would hurt themselves by making the G29 PS exclusive.

(Yes, I'm fully aware that "PS/xbox" exclusive peripherals do work on PC, beside the point here I feel.)

The DFGT was definitely not a PS3 wheel, I got one in a bundle with Gran Turismo 4 and a PS2.
(2015-05-25 13:52)VirtualTourist Wrote: [ -> ]The DFGT was definitely not a PS3 wheel, I got one in a bundle with Gran Turismo 4 and a PS2.
It wsa designed for the PS3 but it was backwards compatible LIKE the G27 is backwards compatible with the PS2...

Thats like saying the G27 was designed for PS2.
But we all know it was designed for the PC with a console in mind
Your knowledge of toy wheels is more than mine, way more.

I only know of the ones I bought in the past.
(2015-05-26 08:28)VirtualTourist Wrote: [ -> ]I only know of the ones I bought in the past.

If that is so, I should only know:

Logitech G27 - Brilliant (Got it at Christmas 2014 - Still Working)
Logitech Driving Force Pro (One durable wheel - lasted me 8 years and still works)
Logitech Driving Force (Another durable wheel from 2001 - Still works apart from the clip used on the pedal port broke, so blu tack was needed Tongue)

Biggrin Massive Leap through 3 wheels Biggrin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's