[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Time for G29?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Image: g29-racing-wheel.jpg]

This is the shifter.. personaly , dont like it.

It costs 60e

And have 2 models ,
one for PS3/4 [Image: logitech-g29-racing-wheel.png]
and other for XboxOne
[Image: logitech-g920-racing-wheel.png]
Shifter costs 60€ wheel costs 399€

Yeah right, ill rather buy a broken G27 and fix it.
The one for PC and XBOX One is called G290.

Found a picture of all of it mounted up:

[Image: be3093ccec00923413104402a5f943a5.jpg]
Image published by Assetto Corsa on Facebook
Whats new?
Buttons on the wheel
Shifter is DLC

Welcome to the new wheel we waited for years.
What did you guys except then? servo wheel? Biggrin
I just hope that these 460 euros are worth much, and I do not see that the design is very new. If they have improved cumbersome ffb noise, and improved feel, perhaps worthwhile. But if I had to choose one to this day, it would be the g27
Thats it. Im going to manufacture my own wheel. Someone get me a box of cue-tips, wood glue, and paper clips!
The shifter is so ugly. It does not even have buttons on it.
460€?! Apple owns Logitech now or what?
(2015-06-11 11:33)RedJohn Wrote: [ -> ]460€?! Apple owns Logitech now or what?

Or 400 withouth shifter. But i think , if you decide to buy , to buy all the pack..
Well, I won't be buying it anytime soon...
One downside is that it doesn't have buttons on the shifter like it has on the G27. Even though it looks nice and the gears inside are way quieter.
Well i should order myself a spare G27 before they run out of stock...
I do want a G29 evendo Smile
I like the buttons on the wheel but 400 bucks! Hell no! When it's cheaper I will buy it Smile
I will probably buy it to see if it works with my LFS. Biggrin

*Removed* hell, all logitech have done is gone downhill, I was hoping they would reinstate the sequential/h-shifter crossover, instead they release a shifter with no buttons on it?! A G27 will forever be better than a G29. It looks a pile of crap, I bet they haven't even changed the mechanism inside the wheel and shifter and the retail price is horrendous, starting to think now whether I should buy another G27 as a spare when the G29 comes out.

Excuse my potty mouth at the start though. Sorry
RedJohn Wrote:460€?! Apple owns Logitech now or what?

The whole package (including the shifter) actually costs around 410 euros, as the price tag is in US dollars.
Thrustmaster and Fanatec shifters must be worse than g27 shifter too because they don't have buttons!! 410€ is properly overpriced unless it is belt-driven. Why would anyone pay that much for center deadzone and rattling? Biggrin

Where do u guys need the buttons anyways?
When you consider that a T300RS with 3 pedals and a shifter costs over £500, compared to the Logitech's £350ish, it seems much more reasonable.

I'm tempted with it, simply because I want a wheel with XB1 support, 3 pedals and a shifter, and the only other option is the TX which will be over £500, and comes with a horrible plasticky 458 Italia rim (which can be replaced for another £100). I'll obviously wait for reviews before I buy anything, but it's a serious option for me. Although I'll probably end up sticking with my DFGT. W00t
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's