[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: American Truck Simulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Nice pictures Ras!

On my second job I had to take a really small road, far from civilisation, it was awesome (even on my potato computer)!

I'm now doing a skin for my future "own" truck. Smile
Great shots Ras. Have a few from earlier aswell, quite fun so far.

Just purchased it, I stopped playing the Euro sim because the roads were just so boring! Hopefully the Murican' ones will be more interesting.
question from me.. is it really that different
There are some nice changes, but I wouldn't say it was all that different, but it's certainly more enjoyable when playing without any mods.

I played a 2 hour session just then, here is what I think:

The AI is much better, they respond to your derpy mistakes and don't tend to crash into you.

The roads are so much more interesting and feel more challenging.

The skilled parking is actually skilled, if you ask me.

I haven't played enough to comment on anything else, but I feel that with future updates this game can be great. The menus and how everything works are still the same boring thing, I thought they would of at least changed the theme of the menus or something but meh..

Here are some screenies from tonight:
9 images.
I like it and driving it with gamepad is certainly alot easier than ETS2 was.
'Nevada

*Sorry for the console showing on top, I was trying to diagnose a stuttering issue.
Hi guys be have so much fun on ATS
(2016-02-03 01:09)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]The AI is much better, they respond to your derpy mistakes and don't tend to crash into you.

Hell no. They turn right on red when you're incoming to the junction. They pull into the side of you if you dash through a yellow light.

They seem even more derpy to me..
AI is probably taken from ETS2 without much change.
It's the same AI as ETS had, I think Pawel (CEO Of SCS) said this on a Q&A. Not sure though.
(2016-02-03 10:34)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-03 01:09)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]The AI is much better, they respond to your derpy mistakes and don't tend to crash into you.

Hell no. They turn right on red when you're incoming to the junction. They pull into the side of you if you dash through a yellow light.

is that not some american road rule when it comes to intersections? or am i wrong?
(2016-02-02 23:38)Nathan Wrote: [ -> ]question from me.. is it really that different

It's the latest greatest give money for not much scam.

Buy 3 quick, before they run out!

It's different in the way a Kenworth isn't a Scania.

Sums it up lol.
Once you add mods its a nice game with variety. Base trucks are shite.

Kenworth T600 mod is amazing.

[Image: 6D4DB478250B3B44222FFA0688CCC47385442A8B]
(2016-02-02 23:38)Nathan Wrote: [ -> ]question from me.. is it really that different

No joking now, honestly, no it isn't.
If you pass near Bakersfield (or some other town?) at night, keep a eye on the sky. W00t
(2016-02-03 15:36)VirtualTourist Wrote: [ -> ]

No joking now, honestly, no it isn't.
You're joking. It is different.
Got a new truck for Tewisim US!

[Image: 24770378096_792ac0374c_c.jpg]
ATS - Tewisim | Peterbilt 579 by Bruno Girod, sur Flickr
I'm confused as to what people thought would be so different, I mean its a trucking game by the same developer as ETS2, what do you want? A drift mode?

Although the map is small free DLC's have been announced. Yes we have only two trucks, but SCS has explained the issue and didn't try to hide the lack of trucks at release form us.
(2016-02-03 14:28)Fwanky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-03 10:34)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]

is that not some american road rule when it comes to intersections? or am i wrong?

Cars can turn right on a red light here. Its a road law. I haven't had any issues with AI so far. They mostly yield when necessary and I have yet encountered a car dashing thru an intersection or another one simply rear-ending me (that happened in ETS2).

Is the game really different from ETS2? Yes and no.

Yesses:
- Roads are american. New laws, new system, news roads.
- Parkings are tougher and more varied
- We now have hills, sharp turns and more varierty in road styles.
- More AI on the road, more traffic. Feels more alive.
- Runs better than ETS2 (in my case)

Nooes:
- Same engine as ETS2 but optimised for 64bit.
- Could have more trucks (its coming)
- Map could be bigger (but its highly detailed.)

Its a great game. As an american driving in this game I feel more at home. They took a winning formula and improved ever so slightly on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's