[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Windows 10 + Windows 10 Phone Preview! (NEW)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
How can we know we've not had that in e.g Windows 7? That's pretty stupid in my opinion.
(2014-10-04 10:57)Kayla Wrote: [ -> ]Trololol - Microsofts "privacy" policy on W10
http://bgr.com/2014/10/03/windows-10-privacy-policy/

I think and really hope that policy is only for the Tech Preview, since it is still under develompent.

(2014-10-04 11:32)Warped Wrote: [ -> ]How can we know we've not had that in e.g Windows 7?

We don't.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo...=statement Wrote:
  • Certain Windows 7 features may ask you for permission to collect or use your personal information. Additional information about these features and how they use your personal information is described in the full Windows 7 Privacy Statement.
  • Some Windows 7 features allow you, with your permission, to share personal information over the Internet.
Just upgraded since I was having issues with 8.1 I thought why not!

Its really nice to use, simple, clean and fast! All my drivers installed through windows update. (apart from Nvidia drivers) I'm really enjoying the the design and the way the windows pop in and out. You also have the ability to have multiple desktops for single screen users, which comes in handy for me. I use that feature to keep the all the TC admin stuff on one desktop and all my normal stuff on the main one.

[Image: 7fb43773aa.png]

[Image: 149392780c.png]

[img][Image: Y2oapU4.jpg][/img]

(Netflix app doesn't let me take screenshots of what I'm watching (The web version is currently not supported for windows 10. I had a chat with one of their customer support agents and they said they are currently working with Microsoft to get support for windows 10) If anyone's interested I'm currently re-watching Breaking Bad. Biggrin

When you enter the windows options they no longer take up your whole screen, they open up into a little window. This is very nice and less annoying if you accidentally click one while searching for stuff.

[Image: ba43713daf.png]

Yes I love huskies! Biggrin If you want any other screenshots just ask!
I keep with windows 7, looks so weird with windows 10
Regarding Pete's reply, are they keeping the Microsoft app centre?
(2015-02-13 18:37)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding Pete's reply, are they keeping the Microsoft app centre?

If you're talking about the screen that starts in Windows 8, there is no longer a screen that starts. You might be able to enable it? It takes you right to your desktop just like Windows 7. All your apps ect are located in the taskbar button.
Windows vista ftw bby
(2015-02-13 18:59)Oscar Wrote: [ -> ]Windows vista ftw bby

Nope, Win7 FTW forever!
(2015-02-13 19:32)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-13 18:59)Oscar Wrote: [ -> ]Windows vista ftw bby

Nope, Win7 FTW forever!

Whatever floats your boat....

Win8 user for 2 years now, and i prefer it more than anything else, as i dont really care about that what OS my computer has, unless it sucks really much.

And i havent even updated to 8.1 yet Smile
Tried Windows 10 a few months ago on a laptop, worked fine. I like the "new" more traditional start menu, although I have come to appreciate the full screen start menu of Windows 8. The way I see it, people who dislike Windows 8, are people who don't have a clue about how to use a computer, or how to adapt to changes. Personally I love Windows 7, and mainly use it because I have several licenses for the Professional x64 version of it, but I have also been using Windows 8 for over a year, which has been lovely. It is much more optimized than Windows 7, starts faster etc. Main problem is, that my motherboard and CPU are so old that they were never really optimized or updated for Windows 8, and I find that they run more stable on Windows 7.
Well, don't hate windows 7 is sad! please love stay win7 come on! Smile xD
That makes no sense in relation to what I just wrote.
(2015-02-13 20:07)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]who don't have a clue about how to use a computer, or how to adapt to changes.

I regard windows as a tool and for me the best OS is the one that that annoys me least. I find constantly changing the UI, for no apparent reason other than looks, very annoying.
Tried the tech preview on my laptop and uninstalled it after 10 minutes. The projector option wouldn't work correctly. 50% of the time when i rebooted the screen was blank. The other 50% Windows simply wouldn't boot at all.

Will wait for the official version.
(2015-02-13 21:37)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-13 20:07)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]who don't have a clue about how to use a computer, or how to adapt to changes.

I regard windows as a tool and for me the best OS is the one that that annoys me least. I find constantly changing the UI, for no apparent reason other than looks, very annoying.

[Image: snoop.gif]
They've made an update, Fixed some issues, Improved the looking of windows and added their new browser!

Project Spartan, tried I and was amazed by it's speed.
GPU usage is alot lower in 8.1, its 90-100% in 10.
(2015-05-13 07:37)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]GPU usage is alot lower in 8.1, its 90-100% in 10.

Higher usage = higher frame rates. Its gooood.
That's what I was hinting at, 8.1 is using less of the GPU than it should be in such a new game and it trails by a fair amount compared to Windows 10.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's