[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Windows 10 + Windows 10 Phone Preview! (NEW)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
4 x Upgrade to Windows 10 Home - Failed in my Update History :/

Tried the method to force start the download too. Anyone else got this problem?
(2015-07-29 16:19)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I guess "upgrading" is pretty much the opposite of "fresh clean pc"

Well do you know if there is a way to install Windows 10 then?
(2015-07-29 17:35)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]4 x Upgrade to Windows 10 Home - Failed in my Update History :/

Download the tool and select Upgrade your system Tongue
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windo...ol-install
Update finished yay
(2015-07-29 17:51)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-29 17:35)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]4 x Upgrade to Windows 10 Home - Failed in my Update History :/

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow! What happens about license codes?
No need! Smile
(2015-07-29 17:51)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm doing this and so far it has taken like 3hrs lol
How much does it cost?
Its freee!

Sadly I am still not able to upgrade.. :c
I like W10 alot so far, it's clean and smooth.
(2015-07-29 20:16)Dowpy Wrote: [ -> ]I like W10 alot so far, it's clean and smooth.

+1

More features and uses less resources
(2015-07-29 11:27)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Does the updater provide a new Windows serial key or is the current one migrated ?

It's migrated, the same way as 8 -> 8.1
Anyone had any problems with losing stuff after the upgrade, so far? I read it shouldn't touch any of your files or programs. Just wondering before i go for it myself.
I'm debating myself but should I do a full factory reset on my vista machine first?

Also does it support 3 hard drives. Ever since xp I have been unable to.
(2015-07-30 02:42)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone had any problems with losing stuff after the upgrade, so far? I read it shouldn't touch any of your files or programs. Just wondering before i go for it myself.

I've done the upgrade yesterday, no lost data noticed yet. Just had to re-install Kaspersky, but no need to enter the serial again.

(2015-07-30 04:54)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm debating myself but should I do a full factory reset on my vista machine first?

Also does it support 3 hard drives. Ever since xp I have been unable to.

Well, it at least supports 2 HDDs and 1 SSD at the same time - so I guess it also supports 3 hard drives? Or do you by any chance mean 3TB HDDs? If so, I guess Win10 also supports those.
Apparently its not accepting my msdn key. It didn't say anything on its own yet, but in the detail pages is shows up as non-activated. Manually triggering the activation results in an error. Guess those keys are not upgradable. Luckily, I can just enter a new one for win10.
(2015-07-30 05:51)Kayla Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it at least supports 2 HDDs and 1 SSD at the same time - so I guess it also supports 3 hard drives? Or do you by any chance mean 3TB HDDs? If so, I guess Win10 also supports those.

But that has never been a problem with Win 7 either ... well, 3tb requires GPT, which Win Xp don't support afaik
Last time I checked, I thought for a 3TB drive you need a UEFI BIOS
Ah ye, you're right, at least partially. You need a GPT on the disk to allocate more than 2TB, but you only need UEFI if you wanna boot from that disk too. If it's just a secondary drive, or connected via usb then Windows brings the GPT support and can access the disk.
(2015-07-30 05:56)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]But that has never been a problem with Win 7 either ... well, 3tb requires GPT, which Win Xp don't support afaik

that's why I was kinda confused about that question, since I've never heard of such problems with win7, neither the 3 HDDs nor the 3TB HDDs
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's