[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Dashcam/actioncam thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Shit thats crazy Dino!
That was really bad weather Dino.
Just two videoclips of driving. Just for the idle timer ;-P First one with the BMW to Amsterdam, with a little detour across the town Harlingen. Speed is 8x

And the second on normal speed with the Ford F350 from work to home.

Did a dashcam run from college last month. used my phone, so the resolution is low.

Driving in the rain on boring road, and overtaking a tracktor in slow speed thougt.
(2014-02-13 15:43)BMW-gek Wrote: [ -> ]After asking in this thread if there where other members using a dashcam or actioncam.

Youtube channel that I use:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBMWgek/videos

According to the OP, it's also an "Actioncam" thread and not only videos outof your car.

Therefore I felt free to post this video which I just finished, me, skiing.
It's the second video I did therefore don't expect something pro Tongue

I'd appreciate it if you watch it, like it if you do so and give me feedback on what to improve Smile

Thanks!

PS: Maybe it's blocked in your country - if it is, please tell me. I might re-upload it then with different music.

This morning this van wasn't awake I assume. On the left lane somebody else was overtaking me, after the van indicated to the left he braked hard.

On the way to the tennis court, I caught this dutch driver not caring about red traffic lights.
The surprising thing is that he at first stopped, and then drove, while the traffic lights was red all the time.

Before getting to the traffic lights he drove pretty slow - and even after that.
As soon as the traffic lights was green I drove too and even saw him at the end of the road.
So obviously he wasn't in hurry, he just didn't care.

Dutchies, anything different with your traffic lights? Different color? Never been to the netherlands Tongue

Nah, red equals stop, orange is stop if you can but if you can't make it you can still go, green is pedal to the metal!
(2014-04-21 16:13)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]orange is stop if you can but if you can't make it you can still go

Not for French people...

Im in 40 tons truck... Fully pressed brakes didnt really worked with heavy shipping.

That's some nice avoiding Ohmy
Good job on avoiding those cars, someone could've got seriously hurt.
Yeah... thanks guys, i was really scared. Poor Citroen from NL crashed anyway into french KIA. They had damaged bumpers. This is why i had to leave my car - i had to check why they are pulling out of road. Thanks god i didnt kill anyone... And thanks god noone was overtaking me, so i could avoid big crash.
That was really nice driving. And lucky that noone got hurt.
Think about how it would've been if you hadn't had ABS. You'd probably have smashed straight into them, due to not being able to control the truck properly while braking.
Nice avoiding there Starter.
(2014-04-22 08:38)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Nice avoiding there Starter.
Thanks mate Smile
(2014-04-22 06:02)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]Think about how it would've been if you hadn't had ABS.
I was thinking about it too... Usually we have in Poland silly, old, rusty trucks and it goes on international routes - this is really shamefull and scary.
Thanks god i had completely new truck. But i had from Freja old cooling trailer on that route. Trailer had broken ABS module, so wheels in trailer were blocked. So avoiding went succesfull thanks to new truck with working ABS :F

https://31.media.tumblr.com/b281271b7b2f...6_1280.jpg
(2014-04-22 11:45)starter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-22 08:38)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Nice avoiding there Starter.
Thanks mate Smile
(2014-04-22 06:02)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]Think about how it would've been if you hadn't had ABS.
I was thinking about it too... Usually we have in Poland silly, old, rusty trucks and it goes on international routes - this is really shamefull and scary.
Thanks god i had completely new truck. But i had from Freja old cooling trailer on that route. Trailer had broken ABS module, so wheels in trailer were blocked. So avoiding went succesfull thanks to new truck with working ABS :F

https://31.media.tumblr.com/b281271b7b2f...6_1280.jpg

Company I work in, has 2 trailers and neither has working ABS Laugh

Just have to drive careful enough to avoid dangerous situations like that Tongue

Might actually put my camera on for some of the next trips Smile
ye nice avoid, but couldnt you have thought about stopping yourself with almost 100m and good 3 seconds to go when lights went orange? in germany its "prepare to stop". although at limit 70kph there is a i believe 5second orange-phase.
dont want to sound too harsh, but you were the one endangering everyonelse here if your distance is too short if car ahead stops for whatever reason.

[Image: 55ah6y652gof.png]
(2014-04-22 12:27)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]ye nice avoid, but couldnt you have thought about stopping yourself with almost 100m and good 3 seconds to go when lights went orange? in germany its "prepare to stop". although at limit 70kph there is a i believe 5second orange-phase.
dont want to sound too harsh, but you were the one endangering everyonelse here if your distance is too short if car ahead stops for whatever reason.

Yeah - you can do that in 50kmph zone in city, but not in normal road where you have 70kmph speed limit. Not with heavy truck (40 000kgs). With fully pressed brakes when i drived into junction there wasnt red light yet. I couldnt do it anyway. It was impossible to stop behind these two cars even if i would start braking 2 or 3 seconds before i noticed first car stopping at orange. And after 8 hours of driving at tight french roads im tired, and i cant react as good as somebody who is rested. Afterall... check where i stopped after emergency braking. I know its hard to understand for somebody who isnt truck driver, but try to imagine physics. And i think over 1 second i spent on looking at mirrors to be sure that i can change lane during braking. Everything happened so fast that i wouldnt remember whole situation without dashcam video Smile
truck on the left lane just moved to give some space to the merging truck. So far so good untill....... Very annoying behaviour....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's