[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: DayZ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
So to play dayZ I only need to buy ARMA2: Combined Ops ?
Looks pretty nice to play , how is it compared to games like Killing Floor - Left 4 Dead etc ?
Yeah, Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, if you got steam they sell it there.
Not played any of the other games so cant say how its compared, check the videos to see gameplay Smile
You can download ArmA 2 free from steam, buy Operation Arrowhead and then download dayZ.

Here is a good install instructions how to install dayZ.
http://kodabar.blogspot.fi/2012/05/how-t...-free.html

Only downside is that ArmA 2 free has slightly worse graphics and audio (but that hasn't stopped me playing dayZ)
Here is the comparison: http://kodabar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/da...-free.html
Its not recomended to run with Arma free, you run into quite a few problems down the line.
(2012-08-13 18:15)SLiiDE Wrote: [ -> ]Its not recomended to run with Arma free, you run into quite a few problems down the line.

How so?
(2012-08-13 17:39)Speed Wrote: [ -> ]So to play dayZ I only need to buy ARMA2: Combined Ops ?
Looks pretty nice to play , how is it compared to games like Killing Floor - Left 4 Dead etc ?

DayZ is more of a simulator. You have to manage your hunger, thirst, etc. Smile
This does look interesting, may have to purchase it if I can manage to rig up £24.99.
Its cheaper if you buy it from their website, only by like £5 tho Biggrin
It's very much not like L4D Tongue Having played it a fair bit, it's quite realistic. There are broken bones, bleeding, eating, drinking, gotta manage a lot of things, weapons and ammo can be hard to come by initially. Your best bet when starting out is to get on TeamSpeak with a bunch of us (Me, Mikee, Savy and Nitros are all relatively well tooled up at this point, Sinoco is very good at the game but got dead unlucky (literally) and died.

It can be frustrating to start off with at first cause you don't start with anything but if you get in touch with people who are on, usually we can arrange to come and pick you up and get you started, plus the whole thing is safer if you move in packs.
And its also great fun to sit in a field and see who can shoot the guy who's running away, turns out me, street and mikee was hit in the end! Biggrin ( Broken arm ftw )
bawjaws..

We were the only ones on the server so we decided to have a little target practice. As it turns out, they got better as they went on, and I went last Closedeyes
Also need to remember that don't let Street try and open your bag, he tried it in a tent and his gun was basically touching my body and he failed and shot me in the chest and I survived some how Biggrin
Uhm actually, biggest lesson of the day - don't climb onto a giant smoke stack and try to prone. The game will try to throw you off the smoke stack, which it successfully did to me. Instead of dropping to the ground when I pressed 'z', I took two running steps and threw myself to the ground. I was floating in the air for a few seconds thinking 'phew atleast I didn't fall'... then I fell. Street said it best, I am dead unlucky.
By giant smoke stack do you mean one similar to the one we hid from zombies on on my first night Coco? Cause I was proned on that without a bug Confused
(2012-08-14 14:19)Street Wrote: [ -> ]By giant smoke stack do you mean one similar to the one we hid from zombies on on my first night Coco? Cause I was proned on that without a bug Confused

Yeah one like that. It's just a random bug, no matter where you are. I just find my character just randomly does it... though very rarely, and without me trying to move anywhere at the time.

Awesome video jedi Biggrin
I will probably make something myself soon, recording my gameplay when things happen and then ill edit it into a video Smile
Just died for the first time in 6days but still the best day on dayz by far thanks to Jedi Biggrin
Hehe, so you're all stocked up now? Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Reference URL's