[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Gumball 2014 - Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Can we have a third server to give a fair chance to all participants to enjoy without being disappointed every time they want to join as the server are full , please ? Smile
I think it was mentioned in TeamSpeak before about doing it, but the InSim was only developed to work with two servers.
1st Day of gumball, it's going well

1st Run from 23:59 to 5:30
[Image: GumballDay11st1kbonus_zps0d413e36.png]

2nd Run from 11:00 to 22:00
[Image: GumballDay12nd1kbonus_zpse5b85b61.png]
sad news (probably good for some of users as they got a better chance of being at top place) sadly enough i wont be participating gb3k , because im going on holiday (i was on 3rd place before i haded to end the game) good luck to everone who is taking part in the competition Smile .
(2014-08-03 03:17)Sean_drifter Wrote: [ -> ]sad news (probably good for some of users as they got a better chance of being at top place) sadly enough i wont be participating gb3k , because im going on holiday (i was on 3rd place before i haded to end the game) good luck to everone who is taking part in the competition Smile .

[Image: crying-waterfalls.gif]

have fun on your holiday Biggrin
(2014-08-03 03:33)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-03 03:17)Sean_drifter Wrote: [ -> ]sad news (probably good for some of users as they got a better chance of being at top place) sadly enough i wont be participating gb3k , because im going on holiday (i was on 3rd place before i haded to end the game) good luck to everone who is taking part in the competition Smile .

[Image: crying-waterfalls.gif]

have fun on your holiday Biggrin

thank you Biggrin
karak dont cry , next year will do gb3k Smile
Have fun sean, finally after 40 hours of driving its time for me to sleeeeeep, oh lawd.
yup , had fun driving , and dowpy gotto say , sleeping after 24hrs is for nubs Biggrin we're too pro for dat Biggrin thanks dowpy and hopfully you'll win Smile
May I remind that sleeping is one of the important things, if not the most important, that a human have to do. Hopefully none of the drivers will receive health injuries during the event.
(2014-08-03 07:10)Warped Wrote: [ -> ]May I remind that sleeping is one of the important things, if not the most important, that a human have to do. Hopefully none of the drivers will receive health injuries during the event.

You know, you actually die sooner from sleep deprivation than from starvation.
Make sure you all get the rest you need Smile
No driving for me on all day long, got class one thunder house did get lighted and somethings smells burned so i hope come on next week after work days
(2014-08-03 07:58)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-03 07:10)Warped Wrote: [ -> ]May I remind that sleeping is one of the important things, if not the most important, that a human have to do. Hopefully none of the drivers will receive health injuries during the event.

You know, you actually die sooner from sleep deprivation than from starvation.
Make sure you all get the rest you need Smile
4 Hours D:
Someone mentioned about the insim not working on more than 2 servers, Would it be possible to have 4 servers instead of 3?

Or is that not possible? also when does the list update I signed up this morning.
When did the Live-List update?
(2014-08-03 17:43)CaliFreak Wrote: [ -> ]When did the Live-List update?

There's a post or two made about it in a private section, and I've just instant messaged a leader about it. Hopefully it's done soon. Sorry for the wait.

E: Elmo's done it.
(2014-08-03 08:46)hackster Wrote: [ -> ]Someone mentioned about the insim not working on more than 2 servers, Would it be possible to have 4 servers instead of 3?

Or is that not possible? also when does the list update I signed up this morning.

Well if someone said the InSim only worked on two servers, how can there be four servers?
My guess is that hackster was thinking of numbers divisible by 2, or even numbers, I don't know. But I don't think it works like that at all.
(2014-08-03 19:42)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is that hackster was thinking of numbers divisible by 2, or even numbers, I don't know. But I don't think it works like that at all.

Yeah, I meant that it could be placed on another two servers as well instead of it being uneven. I would of been happy to pay for the server's as well if needed.
The InSim itself and our server are more than capable of running 3 (or more) CityDriving servers with little effort on our part.

However, the ancillary (mostly website) stuff would be more complicated to lever in another server, as all the online stats stuff (number & graphs of players online etc) would all need to be modified.

Usually, the number of players online during Gumball drops after a few days. If it doesn't this time, we'll probably think about adding another server.
Does it seem to anyone that this year's Gumball is more of a wealth race than a driver's race? There are some users doing the event in just XFR/UFR (or even GTRs) that can maintain a higher average speed.
Let's say a user with 100k wealth wants to try and win, but the fastest car they own is the FZ5. Okay, they'll drive that as fast as possible all day, every day.
Let's say there's another user, with 1m wealth and every car possible does the exact same.
It's much more difficult to keep up with a XFR in turns when you're driving a FZ5 (or even a LX6). It's also much more difficult to obtain a XFR with 100k wealth (let's say you're new here and started playing like 6 months ago).
Don't forget the potential speeding fines, speedtraps, and general loss of money from speeding and maintaining the XFR.
Unless you have several people giving you money, you're going to have a hard time.

The best driver can't win. Only the wealthiest one can. The best driver would have to give up sleep just to keep up with that XFR and then his health would be at risk, because of someone's money advantage.

It also makes it easy for a previous GB3K winner to just keep on winning, and winning, and winning until there's no point of competing for anyone at all.

Does anyone agree or is this just me?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's