[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Gumball 2014 - Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Of course the best driver won't win. The guy who is able/willing to spend the most time...

About the FZ5/XFR - I do not really agree.
Driving 169 kph averages with FZ5.
(2014-08-04 18:14)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]Does it seem to anyone that this year's Gumball is more of a wealth race than a driver's race? There are some users doing the event in just XFR/UFR (or even GTRs) that can maintain a higher average speed.
Let's say a user with 100k wealth wants to try and win, but the fastest car they own is the FZ5. Okay, they'll drive that as fast as possible all day, every day.
Let's say there's another user, with 1m wealth and every car possible does the exact same.
It's much more difficult to keep up with a XFR in turns when you're driving a FZ5 (or even a LX6). It's also much more difficult to obtain a XFR with 100k wealth (let's say you're new here and started playing like 6 months ago).
Don't forget the potential speeding fines, speedtraps, and general loss of money from speeding and maintaining the XFR.
Unless you have several people giving you money, you're going to have a hard time.

The best driver can't win. Only the wealthiest one can. The best driver would have to give up sleep just to keep up with that XFR and then his health would be at risk, because of someone's money advantage.

It also makes it easy for a previous GB3K winner to just keep on winning, and winning, and winning until there's no point of competing for anyone at all.

Does anyone agree or is this just me?

I agree to an extent. People who win Gumball usually do the following:
  • Prepare (Earn lots of money before the Gumball starts)
  • Commit (Have plenty of time to spend driving)
  • Consistent (It's a marathon not a sprint, do a similar amount of driving each day)

This means that the only real factor that could stop you from winning the Gumball is being able to commit the time to it. Like many, I have a very little free time to commit to Gumball but that doesn't mean I can't get a prize. There's something for everyone in the Gumball, you just have to fit it around your time constraints.
(2014-08-04 18:14)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]Does it seem to anyone that this year's Gumball is more of a wealth race than a driver's race? There are some users doing the event in just XFR/UFR (or even GTRs) that can maintain a higher average speed.
Let's say a user with 100k wealth wants to try and win, but the fastest car they own is the FZ5. Okay, they'll drive that as fast as possible all day, every day.
Let's say there's another user, with 1m wealth and every car possible does the exact same.
It's much more difficult to keep up with a XFR in turns when you're driving a FZ5 (or even a LX6). It's also much more difficult to obtain a XFR with 100k wealth (let's say you're new here and started playing like 6 months ago).
Don't forget the potential speeding fines, speedtraps, and general loss of money from speeding and maintaining the XFR.
Unless you have several people giving you money, you're going to have a hard time.

The best driver can't win. Only the wealthiest one can. The best driver would have to give up sleep just to keep up with that XFR and then his health would be at risk, because of someone's money advantage.

It also makes it easy for a previous GB3K winner to just keep on winning, and winning, and winning until there's no point of competing for anyone at all.

Does anyone agree or is this just me?

Dowpy will surely differ.
(2014-08-04 18:38)Edwin Wrote: [ -> ]Dowpy will surely differ.

Half of SO is funding him.
The LFS distance chart looks like this after 3 days of Gumball:

[Image: CnvS8.jpg]
I...i...i...didn't make it Sad
(2014-08-04 18:39)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know if i should take that the wrong way, i'm still the driver and they chose to send me money, i never asked for it.

Also the only people from SO that sent me money is juntu, spark, sebas. I wouldn't say thats half of SO.
Go Go Team Dowpy!!!
(2014-08-04 22:54)Edwin Wrote: [ -> ]Go Go Team Dowpy!!!
Only jokes, clearly jealous though.
Are you supporting [GLOW] Dowpy this Gumball? I am, donate now and help him win against those pesky GTRs!

!send >large amount< the_shark

Keep it up peoples, this Gumball's looking a lot less dramatic than last year! Smile It's much more like an event than a soap opera.
(2014-08-04 22:41)Dowpy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-04 18:39)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know if i should take that the wrong way, i'm still the driver and they chose to send me money, i never asked for it.

Also the only people from SO that sent me money is juntu, spark, sebas. I wouldn't say thats half of SO.
There are many others who have support U. U just missed them on Ur screen. I guess. Some of them just can't send U large amound of moneys/cars. So pls, I don't think it's "only people .."
#TeamMakee
The opening night on TeamSpeak was hilarious. The amazing laugh you hear is SO•TigR's:

https://soundcloud.com/plumbbum/tigrs-in...ng-evening
I'm glad I didn't miss that.
What the actual......
I guess I was the one that kept timing out <.<
That was hilarious to be a part of, "MINE, MINE, MINE!" TigR you're just amazing. Heart
haha yeah it was! i almost died tho Tongue
[Image: Nemo-seagulls.jpg]

moi moi moi moi moi Moi moi
*Mine
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's