[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Gumball 2014 - Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
It's confirmed that fakedeath is actually Elvis Presley.
(2014-06-09 17:22)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it could be made any more obvious. Tongue

In fact, the post you quoted has the answer!

Quote:This year we will not be reserving driver numbers ahead of the event

If you mean will you get the chance to choose your own number; yes.

Lol, that eliminates the only point in having numbers, doesn't it?
Well no Chuck, as you can choose a number on sign up Smile
Yes, it means you can't reserve driver numbers before the sign up thread like Ash says.
Well, that is the only logical explanation anyway.
Wonder whos gonna be the mr. Funny 2014 and pick #69 this year
Ash again. Tongue
Inb4 Frank.
(2014-06-18 08:15)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]..
Well, that is the only logical explanation anyway.

No, its not. By my logic, the signup is basically the reservation of the number. So, taking the above statement, it would mean that everyone can paint any number on their car, regardless whether somebody else uses it or not.

What you actually mean is
"This year we will not be reserving driver numbers ahead of the sign-up"
but it was written
"This year we will not be reserving driver numbers ahead of the event"

That makes a fine but important difference imo.
Well, I actually wrote nothing (only quoting what has already been written), but it is the first statement which is in effect.

Summer at CityDriving Wrote:This year we will not be reserving driver numbers ahead of the event, instead you will get the chance to choose your car number when the event sign up threads appear.

Sure, it could've been made a little more clear.
Well, ye, the long version is less mistakable. However, a fixed date should be given for sign-ups, to give everyone a fair chance.
Open Recruitment - Starting Next Monday (23rd June) Wrote:In other news, we will begin to accept sign ups for this year's Gumball on the evening of Friday July 4th, 4 weeks before the start so keep an eye out for that.

There already is a fixed date Wink
Chuck Wrote:Well, ye, the long version is less mistakable.
Maybe I should've quoted the longer version to avoid the problem. Tongue

Pete (in this thread) said the sign ups will start 4th July (4 weeks before starting). I initially forgot, but as Michi said, the date is also given in the latest announcement. I've added it here (too): http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=12583
Chuck, please.
But no time. That means that people who are close to the person making that signup- thread have advantages.
Well it's just a number. You could randomise it for all i care.
(2014-06-18 11:28)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]
Chuck Wrote:Well, ye, the long version is less mistakable.
Maybe I should've quoted the longer version to avoid the problem. Tongue

Pete (in this thread) said the sign ups will start 4th July (4 weeks before starting). I initially forgot, but as Michi said, the date is also given in the latest announcement. I've added it here (too): http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=12583

Thanks BP.

(2014-06-18 11:31)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]But no time. That means that people who are close to the person making that signup- thread have advantages.

I'll make the time 23:59 BST (GMT+1), added it to the announcement.
Can people upload their hi-res skins here ? It'd be a lot better than then 512x512 ones
Maybe a shared BTsync folder?
Yes.
Obviously the gumball will meed meds/res/tows. Now, will there be a designated team of meds/res/tows?---If you wish to help, med/res/tow, do you have to sign up to the gumball?---And finally, can I make a skin for a group of res we have put together with the gumball in mind?

Thanks once again.
Michiyo
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's