[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-20 19:09)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Letting demo users even use LFS' official forums was certainly one of Scawen's mistakes.

Sorry for my question, but, why?
(2016-12-20 21:54)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20 19:09)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Letting demo users even use LFS' official forums was certainly one of Scawen's mistakes.

Sorry for my question, but, why?

Simply because all the people that we're playing on the crack master server, is now going crazy over the LFS Forum. (Demo license)
These pereulok threads make me irrationally angry.
Can I start a bet of LFS dying out by 2018? Place your insim euros on this one guys!

I'm kidding, but I think they might wanna look towards kickstarter, or crowdfunding, or even putting it out on steam, seriously, there ARE games on steam that require off-site sign up, though it shouldn't be too hard to integrate right? (Plus think how many people on steam are into racing games who haven't heard of LFS)
Would be cool to see it get greenlight on steam indeed. I knew people cracked the game but i never knew there was so much traffic on cracked server...that's kind of sad.
LFS won't end up on Steam. Scawen's already made that clear.
(2016-12-21 00:25)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]These pereulok threads make me irrationally angry.

+1, should moderate every demo license posts bor some days.
Well, demo means demo. Or trial, you test a product for a limited time and then you decide whether you like the product and buy or not. But Scawen built up an entire demo society. A parallel-society beside the actual one. And they're also treated as full users on the forum. Most of the posts by demo users are somehow negative since they know they're anonymous and even if the account gets locked, they can simply create another one.

And furthermore, the only actual way to fight piracy is to make it simply unattractive. Technical attempts are usually just a waste of energy. If there was an update once or twice a month it would become very annoying to follow these changes in a cracked environment. Also, prices matter. Selling S3 for 12 gbp and only include a single track is certainly a way to promote illegal ways of unlocking.
Quote:Dear LFS Racers,

First we would like to wish you a Happy New Year!

Today we have made a change that will be helpful for many LFS racers. Until now, everyone paid the same price for an LFS license. But this sometimes seemed too high in places which are not favoured by the international exchange rates.

We have compared data on average earnings, converted to a common currency, and separated all the countries into three bands. The first band price is the same as before, £12 per license level (e.g. Demo to S1 or S1 to S2). People from countries in the second band now pay £9 per license level and people in countries from the third band pay £6 per license level.

These prices are now visible on our shop pages. The price bands only apply to licences and license upgrades.

LFS gift vouchers can be used to give LFS as a gift or help a friend upgrade. Vouchers can now be bought with any value from £3 to £36, allowing you to buy the exact gift you are looking for, matching the new banded license prices.

We hope this will make our licenses accessible for many more LFS racers!

- LFS Developers

Well, it's great to avoid cheat users, but oh well, who knows if for me it's hard to pay 12?

Lowering the price for everyone it's better I think, should be the same for everyone, cause maybe I have some money problem, and there is someone on 3rd band who have more money than me...
(2017-01-02 14:12)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Dear LFS Racers,

First we would like to wish you a Happy New Year!

Today we have made a change that will be helpful for many LFS racers. Until now, everyone paid the same price for an LFS license. But this sometimes seemed too high in places which are not favoured by the international exchange rates.

We have compared data on average earnings, converted to a common currency, and separated all the countries into three bands. The first band price is the same as before, £12 per license level (e.g. Demo to S1 or S1 to S2). People from countries in the second band now pay £9 per license level and people in countries from the third band pay £6 per license level.

These prices are now visible on our shop pages. The price bands only apply to licences and license upgrades.

LFS gift vouchers can be used to give LFS as a gift or help a friend upgrade. Vouchers can now be bought with any value from £3 to £36, allowing you to buy the exact gift you are looking for, matching the new banded license prices.

We hope this will make our licenses accessible for many more LFS racers!

- LFS Developers

Well, it's great to avoid cheat users, but oh well, who knows if for me it's hard to pay 12?

Lowering the price for everyone it's better I think, should be the same for everyone, cause maybe I have some money problem, and there is someone on 3rd band who have more money than me...

What ?
The values are taken from the overall statistics of a country ( minimum wage etc. ) I guess.
It's all about the average purchasing power of a given area.
More than a year has passed since S3 released, interesting. Especially when Scawen had a go at someone for saying LFS hadn't had any real development in the past seven years without any evidence/examples when he himself didn't provide any in his little pathetic rant that any worth while development had happened that can be compared to iRacing or Assetto Corsa or Automobalista.

At this point, I think Rockingham was released purely as a money making exercise and we won't see much, if any in the way of content from this.
I hope there's some kind of country detection when buying otherwise anyone can buy a full upgrade for a tiny price now just by selecting the country with the lowest price...
(2017-01-02 15:44)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]I hope there's some kind of country detection when buying otherwise anyone can buy a full upgrade for a tiny price now just by selecting the country with the lowest price...

This could also result in something like G2A where people buy Steam keys in cheap countries and sell them on W00t
Ah there seems to be some kind of detection:

LFS Wrote:The type of license this can buy depends on the country of the person who you are giving the voucher code to, because the price of a Live for Speed license varies by country.
Pretty sad to see into what pointless topics all the effort actually goes.
Expecting some new content to kick off 2017 with.
(2017-01-02 15:46)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-02 15:44)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]I hope there's some kind of country detection when buying otherwise anyone can buy a full upgrade for a tiny price now just by selecting the country with the lowest price...

This could also result in something like G2A where people buy Steam keys in cheap countries and sell them on W00t
[Image: 2exq4qx.png]
According to this you buy the key based on the country the person you are buying it for lives in but not sure how they would enforce that, even if they find a way people could still sell accounts.
Reference URL's