[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks cool
That looks great, quite nice modeling on the cars as well.
LFS + New Graphics + TC = 2x Epic Insane + Epic Replay Series = x100 HUGE EPICOOLIEST!

See ya in 2020.
New decade, new updates, still no VWS
Chases are gonna be mighty flashy in the dark with the new lights. Maybe people will actually move for them.
There must be a lightbar added!! That would make night chases amazing.
Weren't they hinting about a safety car with a light bar to be added at some point? This could be used as a police car then, and I'm sure if one's to be added, they won't stick yellow lights on it Rolleyes

What I'm concerned most is, that will the low/high beams finally come with this update? It might be a bit annoying to drive as a cop/suspects when you have your lights blinking on/off rather than high/low beams
(2019-12-22 14:49)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]Weren't they hinting about a safety car with a light bar to be added at some point? This could be used as a police car then, and I'm sure if one's to be added, they won't stick yellow lights on it Rolleyes

What I'm concerned most is, that will the low/high beams finally come with this update? It might be a bit annoying to drive as a cop/suspects when you have your lights blinking on/off rather than high/low beams

Scawen has mentioned he's interested in adding a safety car. SC lights are normally orange/yellow so it's unlikely that a light bar would be able to produce different coloured lights. That's because the actual beams and bloom would likely be baked into the lighting engine and would not have anything to do with the colour of any underlying texture.

Scawen hasn't mentioned high/low beam and unless having headlights shone in your face reduces the dilation of the camera's lens (doubt that would be a thing), it's not possible to be dazzled by the headlights in the game anyway, removing the need for a low and high beam. If he adds some system that produces a short beam and far beam, then I'm sure he would add a way of toggling between the two.
Seeing as he added the audible siren thing a while back, I'll hold a little hope that if he added safety car lights he'd go a tad bit further with it and make some cop coloured ones too. Fingers crossed Confused
beside these improvements, did scawen mention about increase slots/garages for spawn? at least for cruise servers.
(2019-12-23 03:28)Dracula Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing as he added the audible siren thing a while back, I'll hold a little hope that if he added safety car lights he'd go a tad bit further with it and make some cop coloured ones too. Fingers crossed Confused
Yes i feel like he would do that. Most likely would include orange/amber, red and blue variations. I think adding different colours would take 2 mins for him. There is no way he isn't including cruise servers in his thought process, looking at some of the stuff that has been added so far.
I kinda feel like there is a bit more focus on the cruising side of the game now though, I mean who puts bollards in the middle of a circuit? Not to mention the multi-story car park??

I've always said I thought in the future the big roundabout would be opened and it looks good now it has, I wonder if there's going to be any more motorway added
Shino, the bollards are only for open-configs, they'll be removed on closed-config.

(2019-12-23 11:28)Anilâ„¢ Wrote: [ -> ]beside these improvements, did scawen mention about increase slots/garages for spawn? at least for cruise servers.

Adding more slots is really tricky, for performance reasons. I wouldn't expect that any time soon.
(2019-12-23 03:04)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-22 14:49)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]Weren't they hinting about a safety car with a light bar to be added at some point? This could be used as a police car then, and I'm sure if one's to be added, they won't stick yellow lights on it Rolleyes

Scawen has mentioned he's interested in adding a safety car. SC lights are normally orange/yellow so it's unlikely that a light bar would be able to produce different coloured lights. That's because the actual beams and bloom would likely be baked into the lighting engine and would not have anything to do with the colour of any underlying texture.

Scawen hasn't mentioned high/low beam and unless having headlights shone in your face reduces the dilation of the camera's lens (doubt that would be a thing), it's not possible to be dazzled by the headlights in the game anyway, removing the need for a low and high beam. If he adds some system that produces a short beam and far beam, then I'm sure he would add a way of toggling between the two.

I wasn't concerned about being blinded from the lights, but rather the light values and darkness etc. at night. If it's really dark, it might look stupid and prove a bit difficult when you have 4 cops with lights blinking on and off, rather than having some light onwards all the time.

For the lightbar colors, some countries do use red/red, blue/blue etc. colors. A good point is that as Gran Turismo started adding different Safety Cars in the game, they have a good variety of different color and style lightbars.

Hopefully these safetycars would be the current cars in the game, as a separate model from the non-lightbar versions.
instant boner for crusiers
Can't wait for infinite car park chases lol
Oooh, looks really good!
Very nice
Reference URL's