[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No borja. Yeah Chuck said.

Test Patch (R1 skip) R7 > R8 > R11 > R12 = Test Fixes Multiplayer ddos, Skin update website, LFS Logo, Sku DDS. > Complete to Full Version to 0.6S (New Stable MP, Skin update website)

Next

Test Patch 0.6S1 Skip > S5 > S6> S7 > S8 = Test fixes improvement graphics, new things fix etc > Complete to Full Version to 0.6T (New Graphics Stable)

Next

Test Patch 0.6T1 skip > T7 > T8 > T9 > T10 = Test Fixes new tyre physics and VWS, fix, fix fix fix everythings > Complete to full version 0.6U (New Release VWS and Tyre Physics Stable)

Next............................

Leave Alpha Version..............

Next.....

Final Test Patch 0.9Z

then

Final Patch LFS 1.0 Version Release, See ya in 2030.

Just Scawen Things.... Good Luck Developer.
GT4 you obviously didn't read Scawen posts about him merging graphical and physics patches into one lol. New Major patch with physics and graphics will likely be 0.7A or something.
Scawen Wrote:Information: We did intend to release the full version this weekend but for various reasons we have decided to go on a few more days. I hope to put another test patch here on Monday or Tuesday. But for now it seems R12 works well.

We are getting close Biggrin
Finally...
Im wondering if its just a 'full version' of this DDoS protection stuff though...
^

I also think the DDoS protection system and some server changes will be forwarded as a new version. Graphical changes will then come in a later version and THEN we will get new physics. That's not really speculation but how Scawen used to do updates, doing things one by one rather than making a huge update with lots of stuff.
All we can do now is wait and see. Smile
From what I've read, all the graphics stuff is stuck on the tyre physics patch, which Scawen has said we will need to wait quite a few months for. I'm assuming the "Full version" is just the DDoS protection stuff to get it back onto a stable patch for hotlaps etc.
Pretty much. This will be 0.6<something>, and hopefully GI+TP will be 0.7 (IMO tyre physics is too much of a game changer to just be a letter on 0.6). So either this year or the next one, 0.7 will be around.
Scawen Wrote:Test Patch R13 is now available for testing.

The layout editor has been updated a lot so if you ever use the layout editor, please give it a go!

Changes from 0.6R12 to 0.6R13 :

Layout editor :

New cut / copy / paste system replaces old duplicate / move system
PGUP and PGDN can now be used to adjust Z value of selected objects
C key now clears selected object type as well as selected objects
It is now possible to set marshall circles to have zero diameter
Objects and marshall circles can now be selected at the same time
You can hold SHIFT to keep objects selected when exiting edit mode

Interface :

Added two more translation strings to avoid misleading messages
Additional translation strings for new functions in layout editor
Clip mouse to screen is now CTRL+M as CTRL+C is now used for copy
More translations updated - Thank you translators!

InSim :

New values TTC_SEL_START and TTC_SEL_STOP for IS_TTC
New value PMO_GET_Z for IS_AXM packet to report Z values
New value PMO_SELECTION_REAL for PMOFlags with PMO_SELECTION
Simplified SubMode values for free view in IS_CIM

Misc :

New check for corrupted 3D models to avoid possible crash on load
Interesting seeing him working on new features, but if I'm not mistaken, there is still no official update that includes those changes regarding the master server. As those changes are most crucial for playing online, those should have been published asap before thinking of any new features.
(2018-04-27 05:14)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting seeing him working on new features, but if I'm not mistaken, there is still no official update that includes those changes regarding the master server. As those changes are most crucial for playing online, those should have been published asap before thinking of any new features.

Yup. Luckily though, it seems you can actually connect to the master server with 0.6R now, with all of the original ports they opened including default. The caveat there is that skin downloads won't work (afaik).

He should push out a stable patch now before adding more stuff...
Scawen Wrote:Here are some more fixes and updates for the layout editor.

You should find the O key seems similar to how it worked in the old version. In reality it's not the same at all. Because in the old version, you had BOTH the objects 'in hand' selected and the world objects were still selected at the same time, which caused various problems and limitations that users would learn to work around.

In today's version, after pressing O, only the objects 'in hand' are selected. If you want the newly placed world objects to be selected, as in yesterday's version, use PASTE which is CTRL+V.

You can also switch between the 'in hand' and 'world objects' selection styles by using COPY (CTRL+C).

So...

World objects selected, press COPY -> objects now selected in hand
Clipboard objects selected, press COPY -> it's really UN-COPY - reselects the world objects

Changes from 0.6R13 to 0.6R14 :

Layout editor :

Place objects (O) key is now equivalent to PASTE then COPY
COPY key is now reversible so you can reselect the copied objects
FIX : Sometimes marshall type could not be selected before placing
FIX : Real world objects could still be selected after a full clear

Patch 0.6R14 released
Drive the LX8 in LFS 0.5F now: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1936570
Shame its not a proper content release for a new LFS version. But pretty cool still.
Bloody hell. What a beast
Tried it and its a beast.. Biggrin Sweating while trying to keep it on the road Biggrin
I’d love to have a go in that, I enjoy driving the LX’s. Renew it and put it in the full game I say. Along with estate cars, 4x4’s, vans and a recovery truck..
and Safety car xd
Changes from 0.6R15 to 0.6R16 :

Layout editor :

Outline changed to line drawing which helps with object alignment
Original objects are now shown with grey lines after copy pressed
Drag select now has a minimum size to avoid accidental deselection
FIX : Heading bug after un-copying selection that had been rotated
FIX : CTRL+C un-copy cleared selection if originals were not found
FIX : Chalk objects were sometimes invisible in copied selection

Changes from 0.6R14 to 0.6R15 :

Layout editor :

An outline is now drawn around the selected objects
M key can now be used with clipboard objects (select then CTRL+C)
Multiple object rectangle select CTRL+drag with left mouse button

0.6R16 released
Reference URL's