[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-26 14:02)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]In the worst case scenario most of the netcode would have to be rewritten and in fact a lot of client side stuff optimized as well to accomodate 60 players on the server.

This is the case. I asked a related question a while back, I'm on my phone so I'll just link it. https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1885292#post1885292
(2017-01-26 14:04)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]LFS tracks just can't accommodate 60 cars in a single race, it would be mayhem.

It isn't already?
(2017-01-26 18:42)Nathan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-26 14:04)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]LFS tracks just can't accommodate 60 cars in a single race, it would be mayhem.

It isn't already?

As far as I know, it's 40 cars on track. 47 server connections.
(2017-01-26 18:43)Renegade Wrote: [ -> ]

It isn't already?

I meant Mayhem Tongue
(2017-01-26 18:46)Nathan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-26 18:43)Renegade Wrote: [ -> ]

It isn't already?

I meant Mayhem Tongue

+1 then [Image: 0741.png]
I'm surprised the LFS car cap is going to be 40. I thought we'd get 64 one day but it seems set in stone now.
New update with some fixes, Q12

Scawen Wrote:Changes from 0.6Q10 to 0.6Q12 :

New Blackwood :

Various fixes for error spotted during testing e.g cracks and holes
Estate now uses two paths for echo maps and hidden object removal

InSim :

Reduced the frequency of IS_OBH packets due to blackwood kerbs
IS_OBH is always reported, as before, for movaoble objects
TYRE contacts no longer report IS_OBH for unmovable objects
BODY contacts also report unmovable objects played in a layout

Fixes :

FIX : Message text was faded on entering free view from escape menu
Regarding the parts on the track that are still not drivable:

Scawen Wrote:Eric is interested in doing those areas in a future update but he doesn't want to just enable physics, because it is not a proper job and has not been built as driveable areas. So it would be quite a lot of work and it is more important to continue with S3 tracks at this time.
Interesting that he didn't mention revamping other S1/S2 tracks in that...
Maybe he's working on them as we speak, I'm not too sure who builds the tacks but there's something hidden behind the curtains that's for sure.
Maybe Eric has been working on them all in secret and they will be rolling them out one after another. So when the Blackwood testing is finished, the next might start?

And then after that the S3 tracks will appear.

Can only hope Tongue
SO has been mentioned before as having a total rework.. was mentioned months ago.
Is server 3 only gonna be blackwood in tc?
I think they should just keep the servers how they are and continue with the normal rotation, but it'll be a few weeks before we start seeing the newer blackwood come to TC anyway.
Looking great
(2017-01-26 21:28)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]but it'll be a few weeks before we start seeing the newer blackwood come to TC anyway.

Blackwood is tomorrow on the rotation, and tomorrow is saturday which is when devs usually release official updates, a good decision by [TC] would be delaying Blackwood till the newer version is released Smile.

We'll see.

Also, looking like devs are trying to speed up the process, this by Scawen looks very promising:
Scawen Wrote:Really there is nothing more I want to do than get this update out there and get back to the tyre physics. Then we'll finally be able to release the Scirocco, the holy grail of sim racing! Big grin
(2017-01-27 12:08)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-26 21:28)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]but it'll be a few weeks before we start seeing the newer blackwood come to TC anyway.

Blackwood is tomorrow on the rotation, and tomorrow is saturday which is when devs usually release official updates, a good decision by [TC] would be delaying Blackwood till the newer version is released Smile.

We'll see.

The normal Blackwood will be on tonight. Our layout is not yet done and we want to give people the chance to drive this version of Blackwood once more. Remember the layout is also going to be quite different.
How do I go back to 0.6Q. I downloaded the new patch I thought TC would be on it lol. But i love the new outer track, more cruise content.
(2017-01-27 12:43)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]How do I go back to 0.6Q. I downloaded the new patch I thought TC would be on it lol. But i love the new outer track, more cruise content.

Get a fresh copy of LFS, update 0.6Q12 can't be reversed.

PROTIP: Always back up your games installation before installing ANY test patches.

It's said quite clearly on the test patch thread as well.
[Image: criipx7.jpg]
Scawen Wrote:Good idea but we are trying to release this update tomorrow if at all possible. We don't want to divide the community online in two for any longer than necessary, at a time like this when there already aren't enough people racing online. And we want to get back to some other work.

Scawen Wrote:Really there is nothing more I want to do than get this update out there and get back to the tyre physics. Then we'll finally be able to release the Scirocco, the holy grail of sim racing! Biggrin
Reference URL's