[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I knew it was a feature, I just assumed they adjusted something, lmao.

[Image: VK4fHoG.gif]
You all know that Im a nub, so don't get surprised by it.

HAHA sorry, but as I didn't know about this system and the thread has been bumped, thought that it was new. Sorry, will check date next time Biggrin
GG-Borja-2017
Scawen;1927002 Wrote:Recently I have been working on graphical updates, in the form of some more shaders that Eric can make good use of. There was quite a bit of restructuring to make it more consistent between the different types of objects and easier to add more in future.

So, looking at the list you quoted in the post above, that means number 2 has moved in front of number 1. This is to allow Eric to make some use of the new shaders in the updated Rockingham, Blackwood and Westhill tracks before they are released.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/91033-A...%3F/page/4
Oh, so tyre physics are out the window again then.
But still, better than nothing of course.
"Note, that is not a list of promises. It is simply a short list of things as I personally see it."

Says it all really
You get the feeling he can't actually work out how to finish the tyre physics meaning he gets distracted by other things easily.
(2017-08-11 11:56)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]You get the feeling he can't actually work out how to finish the tyre physics meaning he gets distracted by other things easily.

I think this might be the case
Lets hope he's giving up that pipe dream of his once and for all.
Some say Scawen got a bright mind, well, he did the entire game in 3-4 years, but how bright is it that he fails to finish that tyre physics for 15 years? At some point you simply have to face reality and admit that you've failed. He apparently picked a mountain too high. There's no shame failing on something, it's a shame not admitting it. I think he has a problem being honest with himself. I really hope he's putting an end to it, but I got the feeling that this play will continue for some decades.
chuck seems right but we are "stuck" with that..
There are 2 ways to make big changes happen.. either modify existing code or rewrite it.. but either of those means that all other stuff need to be remade..(ie existing cars) and since there is no other sim with that flavor.. we are stuck with it..

Track improvements are good(especialy now that they improve the open configs) and should give added value to the overall experience.. but it definitly needs something added in the car area, and i mean anything.. tyres/engine modeling(torque curves/shift light/rev limiter/gear damage) exterior damage/collision modeling improvement etc..
(2017-08-11 13:15)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]He apparently picked a mountain too high.

Well, he said in a thread that he doesn't bike on mountains, he does it on flat land. Oh, wait.
(2017-08-11 13:15)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Lets hope he's giving up that pipe dream of his once and for all.
Some say Scawen got a bright mind, well, he did the entire game in 3-4 years, but how bright is it that he fails to finish that tyre physics for 15 years? At some point you simply have to face reality and admit that you've failed. He apparently picked a mountain too high. There's no shame failing on something, it's a shame not admitting it. I think he has a problem being honest with himself. I really hope he's putting an end to it, but I got the feeling that this play will continue for some decades.

As you said no shame in defeat!, the largest slip angle tester in the world only works up to 5 degrees afaik.

Its a difficult ask for anyone to work all that out.Still better than AC physics anyway
He said the physics he currently has in testing feel amazing compared to the old ones we're all using now. I don't see why he doesn't just release them as they are and let us have some fun and continue developing the game... Even if it means debranding the VWS who cares...
Now I can understand that LFS is his brainchild and all, but I think it would be nice if he would invite others to help solve the tire physics if he keeps struggling with it. I am sure that within the LFS community there are loads of people willing to help to improve the game.

If what Bez says is correct, imo he should just release it. If people find problem with it, he can ask feedback so he can improve it. It seems to me that at this point Scawen is afraid of releasing anything since it took him so long to make it, so people could say: "You worked so may years on it and it still is wrong yadiyadiyada"

But those are my 2 cents.
(2017-08-11 13:15)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]decades.

I'm very doubtful this game will be around in decades if it will be (approximately) the same as it is now. There needs to be some sort of seismic change.
Can somebody update in short on development? I havent seen any patches since blackwood update and I really want to know whats going on. I just hope that scirocco is near.
(2017-08-12 09:37)Getrag Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody update in short on development? I havent seen any patches since blackwood update and I really want to know whats going on. I just hope that scirocco is near.

"Thinking forward in the short-medium range I would like to:

1) Release an update with the current physics, with Eric's Blackwood fixes and minor updates on Westhill and Rockingham including 3D kerbs.
2) Finish some graphical updates that will help with new tracks.
3) Get back to tyre physics and release it with the Scirocco.

Note, that is not a list of promises. It is simply a short list of things as I personally see it.

In the future I am still interested in various things that the LFS team and I cannot make any promises about, but I can state an interest in. Such as bikes, karts, trucks, user created content."

In short, what development.
Thanks! So after blackwood update we are on the same story as 10yrs ago.
I have a feeling they may be working on an update for one of the outdated maps, but I may be wrong.
(2017-08-12 11:31)Spark Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling they may be working on an update for one of the outdated maps, but I may be wrong.

Some say it's South City
Reference URL's