[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-07-07 21:20)Renegade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-07 21:11)Brixton Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-07 21:06)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Probably. What I find funny: The Scirocco is not a important car, which makes people think: I am going to buy this game because it has a Scirocco in it!

I am so confused as to why the devs think the car is vital to LFS.

Before its drivable in game it will be out of production I bet. Laugh

It's already out of production my dude...

Do you see. I was right. W00t
I think scirocco was meant to be 2.0 and you are all right it wont be a big deal anymore maybe it will be fun and most used for a week or two but thats it. The only way to reedem themselves is that they put it as a mini extra and add more bigger stuff and some old fixes as its only one car. But if they represent next update only about scirocco and say that its a big update and act like that is enough for us and we should be grateful then that is absolutely dissapointing and shameful.
Disregard. Misunderstanding
V2.0 Lfs? Haha no way at this point we are lucky we get to 1.0 before arthritis kicks in. Smile Was talking about engine displacement.
Scawen Wrote:I mentioned in the first post of this thread that we planned to release images of the graphical updates this month. Since then we have been brushing up the existing updates to be ready to make some screenshots.

It has been a useful process as Eric visited the already updated tracks to fix remaining issues, while I got back into looking around the tracks and noticing things I could fix.

As we looked around with our thoughts on the screenshots, we noticed there are things I should work on to improve the screenshots. I will do some of those. So as it turns out our plan has changed a bit to release screenshots in August rather than July.

I wanted to tell you about that change of plan. Also I can say a a few more words about what we are doing and why.

The new shadow system requires an update of every track before we can release it. Some scenery objects were not built in a way that works properly with the shadow maps. For example, every building must have a roof so that shadows are cast correctly. Some of the tracks were built so long ago that they were never designed to be viewed from above. At that time there was no real Free View mode, so things like that were invisible. It's an opportunity to visit every track and bring them up to date, also making the roads and a lot of other scenery make use of the specular reflections, 3D kerbs, better scaled scenery, improvements on some corners and so on. There will not be a "full Westhill" job done on every track. Some tracks will change more than others. We need to remain focussed on getting the updates done, not letting the job expand out of hand, although it is fun doing so many updates. We look forward to showing you some screenshots in August.
Finally being shown some progress.
When we get to August i'm guessing another problem will have appeared and they have to postpone the screenshots till September and so on. We all know how it is Tongue
(2018-07-21 20:09)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]When we get to August i'm guessing another problem will have appeared and they have to postpone the screenshots till September and so on. We all know how it is Tongue

And the rest Wink
It does actually sounds positive if you ignore any form of reasonable timeline.
[Image: 184314]
This is apparently at medium resolution.

[Image: unknown.png]
My game at 1920x1080. (ignore the pink trees e.e)

Taken at /cp -8104131 21192096 392929 3623 300 0.0 40.0
Looking beautiful with all the shadows and lighting I must say. Biggrin
Looks great. Hope that potato computers still be able to play it and no require to much gpu/cpu with the new graphics

OLD
[Image: 184310]

New
[Image: 184311]
Big improvement for sure, nice.
What will the cars look like D:
Wow, looks amazing so far.
Looks great so far, but my PC wont like it, I'm fairly sure haha
Now that looks awesome indeed. I hope it doesn't have a big impact on performance.
This looks good!
The changes do seem promising. I guess it will be nice to see a slight improvement after so many years.
ah man I so cant wait for this to be released in 2042!!!
Reference URL's