[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Definitely next year, I don't see them pushing anything out within 3 months. Scawen already highlighted the strive for perfection over rushing and subsequent bugginess so yeah still a ways to go.

But from sceptical me, the graphical updates are actually nice, good that it became a much bigger overhaul than expected. Kinda nice for a change but god damn can someone clone a couple of Erics
Does anyone else share the same opinion that they'll need to update the models of the cars? I think at the moment, from the current screenshots, the XFG looks a bit pants.
Scawen knows the fact that cars do need an update. But it's low priority because Eric is one guy and he needs to finish tracks first. But yes, they will update them eventually.
(2018-09-23 08:39)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]Well damn too long update, i gonna become Grandpa.

But you are Grandpa..
(2018-09-23 20:34)SIMOX Wrote: [ -> ]Scawen knows the fact that cars do need an update. But it's low priority because Eric is one guy and he needs to finish tracks first. But yes, they will update them eventually.

You mean like the tire physic? Or the physics at all? Or the "new" Laugh Scirocco or more content in S3 update? Biggrin

That bring us back to the point we are reach all the time: Why they don´t make the project open source and include fan-made stuff...we´ll never know.
He answered the question:
Scawen Wrote:I keep getting that question.

It somehow seems a bit of an annoying question, because it is quite obvious that many of the cars need to be updated (have a look at the RB4 for the most extreme example) but we are on the tracks at the moment. There is only one Eric. He does one thing and then another. Not both at the same time. It is obvious that he would not have failed to notice that the cars and drivers could do with an update.

What I do keep saying, every time I get this question, is that the tracks MUST be updated before we can do a release of the new graphical system, because with the new system, the graphics and shadows are broken unless the tracks are updated. So if we released now, you would have a game full of bugs. But the cars are no worse than they were before. Therefore they do not stop us doing a release.

This means, the cars have a lower priority than the tracks. There is no reason to delay the release by several more months in order to update all the cars. It is a separate subject, though it is quite obvious that they need an update.

It's really that cars need to be updated, but, I think that isn't important at the moment.
Live for Speed, Graphics Progress Report: Aston

[Image: My2Z5GQ8VRGx.jpg]

https://www.lfs.net/report-oct2018-as
Pro gg
Aston Wub Now, even more, my favourite track.
That's going to bring a few people back to playing LFS probably. Looks a lot better.
Im so lucky I put away my potato laptop and built a 20 euro PC

Now I can stay with TC Biggrin
Lol Scawen still thinks he's doing a "racing game"
Live For Speedlimit?
I was playing on a demo server some days ago with a friend of mine who was interested in playing.
The server list was 20 servers max, from which 3 were TC.
I knew there were less players but this little amount of servers...
Looks very nice, It's interesting how it is changing, and seems that Aston it's going to have some new track configurations, I saw some new roads Biggrin
That's nice and all, but the game really needs new content
(2018-10-28 16:00)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]Looks very nice, It's interesting how it is changing, and seems that Aston it's going to have some new track configurations, I saw some new roads Biggrin

I saw a post from Scawen saying theres no new additional roads for Aston apart from the one connecting hillside to Main St Sad
(2018-10-28 16:26)Shino Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-28 16:00)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]Looks very nice, It's interesting how it is changing, and seems that Aston it's going to have some new track configurations, I saw some new roads Biggrin

I saw a post from Scawen saying theres no new additional roads for Aston apart from the one connecting hillside to Main St Sad

This is a good thing though, prioritising getting the content out. Scawen would normally spend ages adding this sort of content but it seems like they really just want to get it into our hands. There's nothing stopping them from adding this later.
Reference URL's