[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The object collision updates are worse than they were.
Cars get rekt faster. :/

I love the sound tho. Tongue
But, if I dont run the update, and Pete does for example, and we both hit on the TC server a barrier at the same speed and the same angle, does that mean Pete will get more damage than me?
Yes.
Hidden object files? What the *Removed* is this?
(2015-02-15 00:05)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]But, if I dont run the update, and Pete does for example, and we both hit on the TC server a barrier at the same speed and the same angle, does that mean Pete will get more damage than me?

I won't be using the test patch online, that's for sure.
Indeed, reverting back to my old version now. If 10mph into a barrier can give you full front suspension damage and any faster just sends you spinning through the air like a cartwheel. I wouldn't suggest using this test patch online if you're going to be doing chases.
Do they even test these updates anymore?
How could this update get the go ahead when it has these issues :/
(2015-02-15 03:32)Dracula Wrote: [ -> ]Do they even test these updates anymore?
How could this update get the go ahead when it has these issues :/

*ahem* Test patch lol.
Even a test patch though, wouldn't they at least have it working better than that? lol
Well there are a few things you can moan at Scawen, but his patches usually have a very little amount of issues. Also test patch as the name would imply means he will test something, which may or may not work.
It is beyond me how he managed to make the collisions even worse when claiming they were improved Tongue
He's basically reverted back to the old collision physics then? Hahaha. I remember the days where you touch a barrier and half of your car goes through it and then slingshots you back out with full damage.
Lol, the Z28 days Tongue
This stupid patch just keeps on spamming my chat with "New Path found" and "Could not find position in path".

Fps did rise a bit, but everything else is just utter horseshit.
(2015-02-15 13:13)Toni Wrote: [ -> ]This stupid patch just keeps on spamming my chat with "New Path found" and "Could not find position in path".

Fps did rise a bit, but everything else is just utter horseshit.

It's a test patch, those messages are to allow people to test the new dynamic paths.
Good thing I didnt install the test patch then, I cant use such physics as a MED when i often have to scrape along a barrier on order to help people. Smile
Sounds like a boycott is in order for 0.6G2.
Scawen don't think there's anything wrong with collisions loll.

The car was done a long time ago...i know its old.
Reference URL's