[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2021 New graphics release in 2021 CONFIRMED.

See ya.
(2020-12-25 10:11)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]2021 New graphics release in 2021 CONFIRMED.

See ya.
Blimey.
GT forgets how long we've waited for a single car. So long that the real life car is no longer in production!!

They are in no rush Laugh
I imagine Fern bay will take like 2 years + to finish and fine tune other tracks so maybe in 2025?

Also someone has to ask Scawen how are we supposed to do police chases at night lol.
(2021-02-01 16:50)SIMOX Wrote: [ -> ]I imagine Fern bay will take like 2 years + to finish and fine tune other tracks so maybe in 2025?

Also someone has to ask Scawen how are we supposed to do police chases at night lol.

Same way you do them in the day? I think your Fern Bay prediction is a bit harsh, South City is pretty much finished bar a few finishing touches, and that has taken around a year and a half. You can bet that Fern Bay won't be as big a job. I reckon we'll see this update mid-late 2022, although that is being optimistic.

(2021-02-01 16:41)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]GT forgets how long we've waited for a single car.

It's not really the car that anyone's waiting on though is it? That gen VW Scirocco is a boring car, new tyre physics are much more exciting. The car has been finished since 2008, the tyres were the thing that have prevented it from being released.
I still don't comprehend that the VWS has caused the entire tiremodel to be screwed up and having to remodelled for 13 (!) years. What's so special that caused such a gigantic delay?
(2021-02-04 12:49)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't comprehend that the VWS has caused the entire tiremodel to be screwed up and having to remodelled for 13 (!) years. What's so special that caused such a gigantic delay?

The current tyre physics are naff. Scawen decided that he wasn't comfortable releasing a real life road car like the Scirocco with the current tyre physics, as it just didn't feel realistic enough. The Scirocco could have been released years ago with the current tyre model, the car isn't breaking the tyre model, it's just the tyre model is not up to Scawen's standards.
Le Cyclist Wrote:Interface:

Brakes / TC tab in garage separated into two columns (e.g. FZ50)
FIX: Heat in garage car's tyres was not updated when tyre changed

New handling for 'CAR.lfs' and 'shift_type.lfs' scripts:

LFS runs 'road.lfs' / 'sequential.lfs' / 'paddle.lfs' directly
(previously these scripts were called from a CAR.lfs script)
This is done after loading a car and immediately before CAR.lfs
Commands to run these scripts from another script are ignored

Graphics:

Avoid upward lighting related to ground colour in internal views

InSim:

New bytes output if /showfuel=yes
IS_NPL Fuel : initial fuel load
IS_PIT FuelAdd : fuel added

Translation update for help.txt:

host_cars - max is now 32
guest_cars - max is now 32
max_packs - max is now 12
mip_bias - default settings now -0.5 / -1.0 / -1.5 / -2.0
[Image: dyPm5CJ.png]
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95016-T...er-Updates

Changes from 0.6U22 to 0.6U23: NEW INCOMPATIBLE VERSION

Changes to the alternate configuration system:

· Configuration ALTERNATE is available for all GTR cars
· Alternate must be selected to allow expanded range of tyres
-In alternate configuration you can select tyre section width
-Maximum allowed "Maximum Lock" increases with narrower wheels
-When alternative config is selected F12 display shows tyre size

Misc:

· FIX: Wrong warning "Road tyres on rallycross track" in hotlapping

Translations:

· More updated translations. Thanks again, translators.
New update 0.6V has been released

https://www.lfs.net/patch-6v

[Image: h3LOSM9BSsBs.jpg]
Overall this has been a nice patch, nothing too huge but a few nice additions. Worried about what a couple of the changes will do to racing though, the handbrake changes are screaming to be taken advantage of, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with that though.

I still think my mid-late 2022 prediction is right for the big one, maybe even later, idk.
It's definitely refreshing with an update with a few new features, even if it's a smaller one. I hope the big one is closer than we think.
South City is becoming big

https://www.lfs.net/report-may2021-so
This looks really good

[Image: 65495900%20-59959620%20768743%20-22509%2...2080.2.jpg]
The video also looks very good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuwHBVvp-wg

The problem it's that I think that it becomes really big but with the actual number of max car, it will seems that the server is empty. Will be interesting if max slots be a bit more and be like a real city, full of cars.
Quote:For the first version, Eric plans to focus on finishing South City and Kyoto while Scawen works on the tyre physics. Fern Bay and further graphical improvements can be done after the big update.

While "tyre physics" is kinda a cursed thing in the community, I only see good things in that statement. Smile
F1 will be using scawens tyre physics the amount of time its taken.
Reference URL's