[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Most of the world drives on the right, to be fair.

Exactly. So I guess theres no reason to switch it to cause even more chaos.
(2014-11-11 12:18)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-11 12:10)Kieran Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-09 12:03)Toni Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-09 10:55)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Would TC be turning into a UK driving side (Left)?

TC with Left side driving = total chaos when Non-Left driving people join.

You could say the same for people who don't drive on the right! Tongue

Most of the world drives on the right, to be fair. Also, I believe TC has been right hand side since the beginning. Smile

Yep, the only time we dabbled in a LHS track was on South City in the "Pro" server (which was accessible only to trusted members of the community. On a side-note, Mikee was rejected for this when he applied many years ago Tongue)

That was only for a few months though, died out quite quickly and there were many accidents
It would make sense for the new Westhill track to be designed for left side driving since most if not all of the markings are likely to be in place for us, saving objects and chalk.

Judging by these images, I'm feeling more confident that it will be possible to cut off the track completely and use it for a "track day" styled addition where people can pay money to drive their car on the track for 15 minutes or something. It also opens up the possibility to have the single-seaters available to buy for the track only.
(2014-11-11 19:35)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]It would make sense for the new Westhill track to be designed for left side driving since most if not all of the markings are likely to be in place for us, saving objects and chalk.

Judging by these images, I'm feeling more confident that it will be possible to cut off the track completely and use it for a "track day" styled addition where people can pay money to drive their car on the track for 15 minutes or something. It also opens up the possibility to have the single-seaters available to buy for the track only.

Yessssssss please Pete please! Do you know for definite if he's raising the object limit at all?
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86202

New patch now? Or i am abit slow pretty tired today.
(2014-11-13 09:26)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86202

New patch now? Or i am abit slow pretty tired today.

Old test patch for 0.6G - https://www.lfs.net/patch-6g
Blackwood was LHD in the beginning, if I remember correctly.
Scawen Wrote:
Amynue Wrote:Scawen can you please tell us how that shadow experiment went?

It's a variation on the existing shadows + ambient lighting system. Still using vertices and splitting triangles to create shadows, but as it splits them a different way, it can go deeper, splitting the already split triangles, without them becoming pointy shards like broken glass. Also there is a process of test-splitting them to see if there is a shadow between two vertices, then backing out again if there is not. So it's better at detecting shadows and reducing the size of excessive shadows on large triangles. There's still more to be done. I need to store in pairs of triangles the info that they are part of a rectangle, so it can be split more sensibly. For example, a long thin rectangle that is part of an armco barrier. If one end is in shadow and the other is not, then it is split 'along' as required, but also 'across' which is very wasteful. It's worth finishing this because the shadows are improved (to some extent, although still flawed) without going deep into some alternative shadow system.

Scawen Wrote:
racerss Wrote:
CZE Wrote:Hello.Any new progress with westhill??Last post about how its going is old around one moth...
He said that the ETA Is few weeks, (8 nvmbr)it's 9 december now and still nothing. i'm just waiting for the paths system W00t

Yes there is progress. I have received updates from Eric, tested them, found things that could be improved with some code support. Also some editor requests from Eric to help with things. So he's been on the case and I have continued to support it.

Basically we are working together and it's one big graphical push. To our way of thinking it's worth carrying on with that, so we get to a level we are happy with for now. For once, Eric has had a long session with my coding support and hasn't been rushed to a deadline. So that's a good thing. The functions and features I have been working on will help with updates on other tracks and the ones we have not yet released.

Scawen Wrote:
nacim Wrote:
Flotch Wrote:Do not you think they plan to release the damn thing before xmas ? Smile
I'm still hoping a test patch for Xmas.

Unfortunately if I look at the date and look at my lists of things to do, Westhill will not be out by Christmas. Maybe I can get the new paths system test patch released. I'll see if I can prioritise those tasks. Though it's good I didn't rush that out, as I just came across a change that needed to be made to the TV camera selection system.

Please test patch. PLEASE.
"..as I just came across a change that needed to be made to the TV camera selection system."

Just lol.
This is the development cycle of LFS

[Image: success.png]

Credit XKCD: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/success.png
I've completely lost hope in the devs now. I never think I've seen a company do less progress. Ever. Even god damn Rockstar will have GTA 5 out for PC before the LFS Dev's figure out a solution to some shitty problem that was never a problem... I'm close to speechless. I honestly think it is unbelievable that we still support these guys.

/rant
Lets be fair to Rockstar though Cola, they did completely change the game for the next gen consoles and for PC, LFS has had a much longer timeframe and they made no progress at all. Yes there's only 3 people but come on...
I don't care how long the lfs devs will take, as i am not entitled to anything. Obviously i would love some updates, but for 20p i got the best game i ever bought.

Also Rockstar is a bad example as they keep annoucing heists and repeatedly fail to deliver.
20p, uwot?
(2014-12-12 17:00)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]20p, uwot?
S2 is 24 pound.
20p is very different to £20 Biggrin
Well it was euro for me anyway, but i still think the price is way too low for what you get.
(2014-12-12 17:16)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Well it was euro for me anyway, but i still think the price is way too low for what you get.

Really you think so ? You get an unfinished simulator which rarely gets any new updates and was close to be dead, think about it again. Yeah the devs work again, but if there were more people developing LFS, there would have been bunch of finished stuff allready.
£24 was a good price once, now the game isn't getting updates and hasn't for a long time I don't think buying it now is anywhere near as valuable as a few years back.
(2014-12-12 17:55)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]You get an unfinished simulator which rarely gets any new updates and was close to be dead.

Whats unfinished? Just because the are still developing it, doesn't mean the current state is unfinished. You bought a complete product.

(2014-12-12 17:55)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the devs work again, but if there were more people developing LFS, there would have been bunch of finished stuff allready.

Possibly, but it's their baby and up to them what they are going to do with it. If they don't want to develop it anymore or take a break then thats perfectly fine, since they don't owe us anything.

I hate the whole entitlement when it comes to updates or even in general.
Reference URL's