[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mentioning the VWS at all makes me think the tyre physics might be pretty close. Otherwise why would Scawen care about it just yet?
I get the gut feeling they are close, they wouldn't release the new kerbs if they didn't work with the new physics
(2017-01-27 15:59)Nathan Wrote: [ -> ]I get the gut feeling they are close, they wouldn't release the new kerbs if they didn't work with the new physics

the kurbs wouldnt work with any physics tbh. they are harsh and punishing for a reason, old physics or new.
Changes from 0.6Q12 to 0.6Q14 :

New Blackwood :
More fixes including some Z buffer issues and lod distances

Physics :
improved collision and tyre rolling on the 3D kerb objects

Fixes :
FIX : Removed message "Side mirror - point too central"

A quick lap showing off the new lock and the updated Blackwood, pretty scruffy/rushed lap, couldn't be bothered doing it a second time to get a decent lap.
my gran can get more angle than that
She taught me well
Scawen;1918693 Wrote:If all goes well there should be a new release today, version 0.6R.

If any hosters would like to start a server in advance, here is the link for the 0.6R dedicated host.
It is not compatible so you will not see it in your List of Hosts in any Q version.
http://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S3_DCON_6R.zip

Please note the release should be at some point this afternoon if all goes well, but there are still some hours to go.

Seems that is going to release 0.6R, officialt blackwod, maybe something also?
(2017-01-28 15:52)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]Seems that is going to release 0.6R, officialt blackwod, maybe something also?

Why do you think something else is going to be released? Usually whatever was in the test patch is the content that is going to be in the new patch.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1918732#post1918732
Scawen Wrote:Quote from TurkemirtrZ :
I can't contact to ZORER. Can i translate missing words to Turkish for 0.6R??

Quote from 5thprofiledontbanme :
Scawen, I don't know if this is the proper place, but I can help you with the galician translation

Quote from neonmateo :
Hi Scawen,I can translate Croatian and Serbian,just tell me what do you need.

Thank you guys, I hope to sort this out in the near future and will remember your offers to keep the translations updated.

Quote from Mr8u1137 :
I really liked this test "update". But how to revert back to 0.6q? Reinstall?

Very few people will use 0.6Q after today. The full version 0.6R is coming soon.

OUT https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90458-N...ood-Update

Scawen Wrote:Hello LFS Racers,

We are pleased to announce a much improved version of the Blackwood racing environment. Textures and detail have been updated all around and a new Historic course is included in addition to the original GP and Rallycross tracks. For licensed racers, a new industrial estate area is accessible through the open configuration.

Various other improvements have been made, including an update to the car shadows. Skid marks are now left on the concrete layout objects used for bridges and other construction projects. The open configuration maps are now much more informative and the same textures have been used to improve the track selection screen.

Read all about the update and how to install it on the 0.6R information page.

- LFS Developers

Administrator Message by: BP

Merged triple post...
Scawen;1918738 Wrote:Hello LFS Racers,

We are pleased to announce a much improved version of the Blackwood racing environment. Textures and detail have been updated all around and a new Historic course is included in addition to the original GP and Rallycross tracks. For licensed racers, a new industrial estate area is accessible through the open configuration.

Various other improvements have been made, including an update to the car shadows. Skid marks are now left on the concrete layout objects used for bridges and other construction projects. The open configuration maps are now much more informative and the same textures have been used to improve the track selection screen.

Read all about the update and how to install it on the 0.6R information page.
Sorry Borja, beat you to it Wink
Few posts related to VWS Scriocco that maybe you didn't see...
Scawen;1919630 Wrote:I was discussing with Geraldine... we reckon when the Scirocco comes out there will be all these posts like "WTF, it's just a medium powered FWD! Why have the devs been hyping this up for all these years?". Biggrin

Scawen;1919637 Wrote:I'm not sure, but for a quick answer, here's how it looks in LFS.
https://www.lfs.net/attachment/157082

Scawen;1919640 Wrote:Yeah, it should be nice to drive. Only with the current tyre physics, we had to use unrealistic setups to make the car handle well. That's the good thing, it showed up flaws in the tyre physics. The bad thing is it ended up taking years to develop the new tyre physics, and I took some wrong turns during that development. Also changed lifestyle in various ways during that time, LFS went through a quiet period.

Anyway it seems to me we are back on track, working hard on new things and LFS is having a gradual resurgence which will be helped by further developments we are working on and ones we aren't even working on yet.

Seems that them have the heads up, and not only trying to finish their actual projects and finish the game. Seems that want to finish their actual projects, and continue with new things and continue develeop...

For check the thread, https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90529-R...alf-Life-3
Something in the distant future to look forward to, I suppose.

Scawen Wrote:
pedrodfa Wrote:hello all, I just bought s2 license today mainly because everyone says how good VR implementation is in LFS. Unfortunately looking to the side you can see an interruption in the movement of things like trees or whatever is not at the same speed of the car. Read somewhere it was related to the response frequency of the physics being 100hz and the oculus rift being 90hz. Is there a possible solution for this from the developers? or is it a lost case? thanks

That's something I'm interested in working on but it's a really big project to sort out. We need graphical frames in between physical frames, or alternatively 1000 Hz physics update rate. The solution will probably be connected with having physics and graphics on separate threads.

I'm interested in looking into this after the new tyre physics system is finished, which will allow many things to start happening.
(2017-02-06 16:21)Spencer Wrote: [ -> ]Something in the distant future to look forward to, I suppose.

Scawen Wrote:
pedrodfa Wrote:hello all, I just bought s2 license today mainly because everyone says how good VR implementation is in LFS. Unfortunately looking to the side you can see an interruption in the movement of things like trees or whatever is not at the same speed of the car. Read somewhere it was related to the response frequency of the physics being 100hz and the oculus rift being 90hz. Is there a possible solution for this from the developers? or is it a lost case? thanks

That's something I'm interested in working on but it's a really big project to sort out. We need graphical frames in between physical frames, or alternatively 1000 Hz physics update rate. The solution will probably be connected with having physics and graphics on separate threads.

I'm interested in looking into this after the new tyre physics system is finished, which will allow many things to start happening.

This bothers me when I play in VR, I wasn't sure how to explain what was happening but I hope this gets fixed. Tyre physics first though Wink Everyone hates VR update Tongue
(2017-02-06 16:26)Renegade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-06 16:21)Spencer Wrote: [ -> ]Something in the distant future to look forward to, I suppose.

Scawen Wrote:

This bothers me when I play in VR, I wasn't sure how to explain what was happening but I hope this gets fixed. Tyre physics first though Wink Everyone hates VR update Tongue

I guess you could say that it wont ever happen Wink
Quote:The system :

- can send SMS messages (known as alerts) to your mobile phone when certain events happen.
- allows you to send messages to other LFS users, without needing to exchange phone numbers.

What events can send an alert?

You can set up the following types of alert :

At http://www.lfsworld.net - click : Live Alert... SMS Alert

1) Send an alert when a specified LFS racer has been online for a while.
2) Send an alert when a particular hotlap world record is broken.
3) Send an alert when a new patch is released.

New system for send SMS. Just can be interesting for those ones who do 24 hours race and want to talk to other racer to join it. Also, I think that its a bit expensive, but an imrpovement.
wow....

That system is 10 years old fyi. Check the date of the thread.
Who is actually going to benefit from this? Is it just me or is it only them I can think of?
Well this is from 2006 but I didn't know it existed lol.
(2017-02-15 21:06)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]New system for send SMS.

[Image: 8Q8WNC2.png]

Before you ask, yes, it's paint. Rolleyes
Reference URL's