[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:the DK2 support turned out to be a bigger deal than expected.

Where did we hear that before..
Its interesting that of all people who play lfs, he cares about the 2 or 3 who actually own such 3d goggles.
I bet he own them himself and therefore found it interesting to play with it, clearly forgetting that maybe 2 or 3 others actually have a pair too (and thereby care about it)
What frightens me a bit is that if Scawens feeds his motivation barely by the 3D goggles, all efforts in making LFS updates may cease again, once he lost interest in that gadget.
(2014-09-27 16:29)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]What frightens me a bit is that if Scawens feeds his motivation barely by the 3D goggles, all efforts in making LFS updates may cease again, once he lost interest in that gadget.

From what i have heard his early rift testpatch was accepted quite well within the OR community and got him a few extra sales.
I look at it like this: Real updates with real content are never going to happen, but people will stick with the game as long as they enjoy it. Seriously, they're not even mentioning the *Removed* Scirocco anymore, despite being delayed by years.
Fgs we just want Westhill now.
Posted yesterday:
Scawen Wrote:We estimate a few weeks until release [Westhill].

Yes, that is all well and good until something else comes up, lol.

Pretty sure that's what was being said back in June?
Exactly BP.
The new version that came, actually helped my FPS, i got around 24-25 FPS at fernbay on two screens on 6F, and now i have around 30-45 fps.

Oh yeah.
Does the new version still make car skins lowres?
(2014-09-28 08:25)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]Posted yesterday:
Scawen Wrote:We estimate a few weeks until release [Westhill].

Yes, that is all well and good until something else comes up, lol.

Pretty sure that's what was being said back in June?

Ey you never know this statement could be the one! Or continue to be one of the biggest gaming putoffs ever Aha.
(2014-09-28 09:41)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Does the new version still make car skins lowres?

Answer to my own question: Yes

At a certain distance skins become low res even if you have paid for highres skins.
[Image: a558f8856e.png]

Also numberplate become unreadable at a certain distance, they get blurred out.
[Image: b26ba22d64.png]

And the update broke my FZ5 interior textures..
[Image: 2b284c7a19.png]
I'm automatically reading "a few weeks" as "some months until next progress report".
Bez, looks like someone has turned your AC to freeze!!! Biggrin
(2014-09-28 09:41)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]And the update broke my FZ5 interior textures..
So i'm not the only one having the same problem.
I'm having problems with hay bales that are black :c
(2014-09-28 09:41)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Does the new version still make car skins lowres?
They're not low res, the bug is that AF isn't being applied to skins.

(2014-09-28 10:17)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]And the update broke my FZ5 interior textures..
Non-square/non-power of 2 skins are no longer supported (and weren't officially in the first place). You'll have to resize them then they should work fine. This one is a DX/hardware limitation afaik
(2014-09-28 12:35)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]
They're not low res, the bug is that AF isn't being applied to skins.

Way ahead of you: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86567
Reference URL's