[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The map not rotating is annoying Sad
(2017-01-17 13:51)Razz Wrote: [ -> ]The map not rotating is annoying Sad

I always found the rotating map to be a PITA, fixed map ftw.
I always used rotating map as it reminded me of a real Satnav. But I don't mind the new one not rotating. Just gotta get used to it.
I'm with the static one, but tbh, if they change something that is like that for 15+ years, then they should at least give the option to ensure no one is left behind.
Which raises the question, there used to be an option, why is it gone?

Edit: The option is still there, but it ain't doing anything.
Ive been using the rotating feature for a long time. It takes me some time to figure out where i am on the map during chases Tongue

And yes the feature is still there but it does nothingSad
It is just a bug, i would assume.
Scawen Wrote:I don't know what that could be. I don't know of any changes affecting external programs (assuming they don't use some kind of exe hack).

The problem is that the concrete isn't casting a shadow. It's not really a bug that the car casts a shadow there. Really everything should cast a shadow, including the layout objects. That would be great, and I hope to do that one day, but it's a big project, not for this patch, and not until after the new tyre physics.
At least, seems that he knows the priority and imporant release of the tyre physics instead of other things...
(2017-01-17 17:25)Razz Wrote: [ -> ]Ive been using the rotating feature for a long time. It takes me some time to figure out where i am on the map during chases Tongue

You should report it in the thread on the LFS forums then.

Edit; I have done so
(2017-01-17 17:25)Razz Wrote: [ -> ]Ive been using the rotating feature for a long time. It takes me some time to figure out where i am on the map during chases Tongue

+1, I also find it easier to glance up and instantly see if any cars are approaching me the opposite way, which is obviously really useful in a chase.

Hopefully this returns
agreed with the map rotation feature.
It doesn't look like Scawen saw the reasoning behind wanting rotation: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1917441#post1917441

There are a few responses afterwards, mine included, hopefully he'll take our opinions on board and bring it back.
I use rotation cause i always felt it was easier to look left and right when i was coming to a junction or was gonna wrong side. I know my arrow is always aiming up. Gonna be a pain to get used to if it doesn't come back.
I neither use it, but posted the explanation also for trying to be strong and have a solution for the ones who use it
"Scawen-
OK, I'm only quoting yours but also read the others. I'll try it out.

Only thing is, I think with rotation switched off I'll be able to get the map squeezed up nicely on the right side of the screen (better than it is now - it's unfinished). With rotation, it'll need to be out about where is is now, and there could be a bit of overlap. So I'll code for two different positions of the centre point, making best use of space when the map is not rotating.

We'll see how that goes. I expect to be able to work on that tomorrow."
Scawen Wrote:What makes you think we are going to let it die? We are working hard on new content. Trouble is, it doesn't matter how many times I say that, some people just can't bring themselves to believe it. W00t

Of course, there are no guarantees, we don't give guarantees or promises of future content. But I can tell you we are working on it!
I still cant understand how he says that they are working on new content but they wont promise it will come. If they are working on it, it will be "done" some day right? Else they are contradicting themselves.
Because if an LFS Dev dies or suffers some other serious problem, it's not going to come. They're protecting themselves by making no promises.
You got RO with S3 and they will update South City for Price? lol
45deg for XRT? Not need more power to do more angle?
(2017-01-21 11:15)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Because if an LFS Dev dies or suffers some other serious problem, it's not going to come. They're protecting themselves by making no promises.

Maybe. But I think that he say this just for don't be again in the same problem of saying a date and promissing things, that then maybe don't come, or come in lots of years like VWS (still not here)...
VWS will come (along with other new stuff) when new tyre physics come. The biggest problem is the tyre pysics that have yet to be released, that is why (i assume) there's no new content (along with lazyness and shtuff)
Reference URL's