[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-12-12 18:13)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]I hate the whole entitlement when it comes to updates or even in general.

I think it isn't the case that people think they deserve updates, the problem lies in the devs making many anouncements that are either largely delayed or never published at all. Getting people's hopes up and not delivering.

I honestly think that if they treated LFS like a real job instead of just a 'side project', it could have been soooo much bigger.
(2014-12-12 16:57)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously i would love some updates, but for 20p i got the best game i ever bought.

Agreed. I paid £24 for S2 in full - bargain. I've spent 2984 hours on [TC] alone, never mind other servers or single player - that's less than a penny per hour of gameplay. What a bargain. This game has given me a whole heap of laughs, experiences, and crucially friends from across the world that I'd never otherwise have met. I can't think of any better way I could have spent £24.

That also reminds me, I should probably make a donation to TC for all the hours they've tolerated me on their servers.
Scawen Wrote:I can now concentrate on getting things finished, to get the compatible open paths support test patch out, to be followed by the Westhill update which should be fun.

Lets hope he doesnt find something else he needs to do first, which delays it further.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1879808#post1879808
Wow, it's actually starting to sound like we might even recieve this update.
Lol he always ends his posts with "now I can continue to do this or that", "now we can focus on westhill", "now we can concentrate on tyre physics" etc.
(2015-01-13 06:46)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Lol he always ends his posts with "now I can continue to do this or that", "now we can focus on westhill", "now we can concentrate on tyre physics" etc.

Spot on there, another thing we add to the list that is fourth coming by this guy and his team.

Just thinking what's next that he would say to delay it again... banners on the track were to bright.. back to the drawing board.
Scawen Wrote:That compatible test patch (without Westhill) is getting quite close now!

Today I'll be looking into the hidden object files and seeing what else can be sorted for the compatible test patch.

[Image: 471541_423406794366793_892462643_o.jpg]
He is literally taking the Micheal and teasing us. Get them out already!!
It won't happen, Luke.
Well, it's something. Tongue

Test Patch 0.6G2 released: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1881797#post1881797
Warning, rage alert (Click to View)
Scawen needs to stop messing around his high horse and stop coming out with non needed bs.
I sort of like this one

- Echo maps are used so the sound changes depending on location

But mostly because i'm a siren geek. This basically means the siren sound will sound more "London"ish, with the sound bouncing off objects/echoeing.

Other than that, a boring patch. Barely anything new.
How can he work on such small details that I have never noticed when he says he is working on Westhill/VWS/S3 and he can't put them out? Confused
I don't know if a different developer is working on the content people actually want, and he is just doing little things in the mean time - or if he is just the master of procrastination.
Scawen is more of a programmer i believe. So actual content is probably Eric.
Really nice, I tested it in solo. South City, TC's track, on High Street from HW1.
0.6G > 33fps
0.6G2 > 66fps

Also the echo that we (I suppose as I don't) only hear on non open tracks can be heard now.

(2015-02-14 18:34)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]But mostly because i'm a siren geek. This basically means the siren sound will sound more "London"ish, with the sound bouncing off objects/echoeing.
^
I like the echo stuff and obviously making the game run better is always welcome. Maybe that opens the possibility of having 64 cars in the future Tongue.
(2015-02-14 20:44)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]I like the echo stuff and obviously making the game run better is always welcome. Maybe that opens the possibility of having 64 cars in the future Tongue.
We need more admins if we get 64 cars servers Tongue Imagine the mess.
Nice patch. FPS went from 40 to 66.
Reference URL's