[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd love to see how motorcycles would behave on LFS physics, and judging by videos (mods and tweaks) and Scawen itself, its possible, but for now its just a distant dream.

I do still mantain some hope for LFS, but at the same time Im realist about it. Its been one of the games I have played the most, almost 7 years to be exact. Both SP and MP have entertained me over all those years, and now if I don't know what to do or want to kill some time, I plan skins for the cars.

Does "Graphical Overhaul" means only the graphics itself being reworked, or if tracks and/or cars are included inside it?. By my guess and seeing Scawen's newer posts, its suppossed to be "Shaders". But at the same time it says that its for Eric to work on new tracks and updating older tracks to Today's Standards (BL and WST), so I can also guess Graphical Overhaul will include a new track or even an old track updated. Plus Eric is also working on fixing Blackwood and Westhill bugs/glitches.
Right now any update is relevant.
There's so many other things they could work on which would bring more people into the game instead of a graphics overhaul (unless it's meant to bring the game into competition with new racing titles), such as different driving environments like rain/wet roads, improved rally, the new tyres they've been working on for no less than a century now, new cars, new tracks, some things for the cruising community, etc.

Just because the LFS executable file stills exists, doesn't mean that his game is still 'alive' after whatever amount of years - the game's only as 'alive' as the community for it is, and it's on it's deathbed as far as I'm concerned.

Their best move right now would be to simply release tools for content creation, so the community can make cars, maps, et cetera. Of course there would be a learning curve for such a thing but I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who have knowledge on 3D work and such.

I'm sure there's more to it than some random guy in Australia knows about, but that's just my opinion on it all.
A track is (or should be) on the way (hmm, Miami or extended East Wing and "Westhillisation" for South City),
along with graphical updates to objects, and supposed track resurfacing.

Tire physics will be delayed indefinately if what the insider gossip we have on the lfs forums is true, and thus the VWS will be delayed along with it.

The next update should be in late 2019 at the earliest calling, and we have no clue which type of update is the first to come, lol.
this has turned into such a joke lol
(2017-12-25 08:17)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]The next update should be in late 2019 at the earliest calling, and we have no clue which type of update is the first to come, lol.

Wat.

The next update is more than likely to be the graphical updates Eric has been working on, along with updated tracks and potentially that new S3 track. As for your release prediction, it could happen at any time but there are no indications of any such release date and you've just plucked that number out of thin air. As with all LFS updates, we simply do not know how long we will have to wait. Could be 2 years, could be 2 months.
Like Dracula said earlier, it would be a big improvement if the community would have a bigger saying, and maybe even help with developing stuff, because with only Scawen and Eric, it seems to take way too long, although I get it that opening up your brainchild to others is a hard thing to do.
(2017-12-25 11:59)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-25 08:17)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]The next update should be in late 2019 at the earliest calling, and we have no clue which type of update is the first to come, lol.

Wat.

The next update is more than likely to be the graphical updates Eric has been working on, along with updated tracks and potentially that new S3 track. As for your release prediction, it could happen at any time but there are no indications of any such release date and you've just plucked that number out of thin air. As with all LFS updates, we simply do not know how long we will have to wait. Could be 2 years, could be 2 months.

It's a rough guesstimate that the geeky forumers (us)/programmers/beta testers came up with, so it may not be entirely accurate. 2019 was chosen as there was a few hints dropped to say that the next update will take some time to push out, and it certainly didn't seem to be within the next couple months, by the way Scawen phrased himself.

You're right that the next update might possibly be purely graphical-based. However, there are signs to show confirmation that there definitely is a upcoming track.

A buzz was in the forums (was the thread deleted? I think it was, lol) with a image of the LFSworld tracker showing "AI" with a couple thousand laps driven on an "unknown track", but with no clocked miles. Could be the new track or just a new section of track.
/edit/ thread wasn't deleted.. Smile

All we know for sure(probably) is that
- there will not be a track model editor (at least for now),
- there will not be a new car (at least until tire physics is out),
- tire physics will be delayed indefinitely for the near future,
- graphical updates are imminent,
- there is a new track or new track section, no spilling of beans.

Hope this somehow helps, you can visit the forums to lurk around and ask, what I say should coincide with everyone else there. Been tough piecing stuff together, and cargame.nl got banned for saying stuff I think (or might just be because of attitude, lol.) We are tight when it comes to saying stuff on the official forum - everything is run like clockwork, and the devs dislike people guessing/leaking information too much.

//Tracj mkght even be Miami Circuit:
[Image: a8d7fd711c067c44863d1af5619c99a2.png]
Eek. Lol.

Cheers
Late 2019 is ridiculous - there will definitely be a major update before then.

If there isn't, I'll buy everyone an LX6.
(2017-12-25 14:02)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Late 2019 is ridiculous - there will definitely be a major update before then.

If there isn't, I'll buy everyone an LX6.

Thing is, everyone has their own definition of "major update" Tongue
In hindsight maybe I could have just phrased it as 2019. More hope then.

For me, "major" refers to new track. Nothing else.
Everything other than that will fall under minor patch or regular update, even graphical refreshments will fall under "regular update" for me.
However, with LFS's slow progress, a bush update I'll consider as minor patch, granted that.

I'll be looking forward to an LX6 then mate Smile
(2017-12-25 13:56)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]All we know for sure is that
- there will not be a track model editor,
- there will not be a new car
- tire physics will be delayed indefinitely for the near future
- graphical updates are imminent.

None of these things are confirmed. In fact, we know that Scawen definitely wants to release a track editor/creator eventually, not necessarily the one that Eric uses, along with other modding tools. He mentioned it during some of the recent posts surrounding updates he was adding for Eric, as well as in other previous test patch threads. Also, Scawen has mentioned that Eric has been working on 'a couple of cars' and 'a couple of tracks'. Tyre physics are still at the front of his mind, and he continues to work on it, alongside his graphical updates whilst Eric works on the models. Graphical updates imminent? They're working on them, but nope, as you said yourself before, the timescale for any updates is not confirmed, so this is pure speculation. At this point, I think Scawen is simply playing around with shaders after the basic pixel shader additions he made a couple of years ago.

As for your apparent insight into the developers minds, it's probably best not to feed any more false rumours into the fray. If you've been talking with any of the beta testers about updates, they should not be sharing this information with you, and in turn, you should not share it with us if you were told it in confidence

We can speculate, sure, but don't post things you can't back up with hard evidence.
(2017-09-15 15:57)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]My name is too much high profile lol

whats the problem with that? W00t Wink
(2017-12-25 14:50)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-25 13:56)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]snip
snip

We can speculate, sure, but don't post things you can't back up with hard evidence.

True. Edited my reply above to make it sound less convinicing (?). But there is hard evidence to say that there is a new track (or new track section)coming up. Just that it got wiped and deleted?

/edit/
no, and it's here Smile
[Image: fof6nd.jpg]

Unknown track with no miles but apparently laps on the clock on an AI, noted on lfsworld. Heh.

We can't gossip or leak info on the main forum but I guess it's okay to at best, speculate unconvincingly about updates? Most of us are clutching at straws to be honest.
(2017-12-25 18:20)cargame.nl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-15 15:57)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]My name is too much high profile lol

whats the problem with that? W00t Wink

He didn't want to get banned again! Biggrin
(2017-12-25 18:26)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't want to get banned again! Biggrin

Was he ever banned? whaaat? Chuck explain please xD
(2017-12-25 18:31)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-25 18:26)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't want to get banned again! Biggrin

Was he ever banned? whaaat? Chuck explain please xD

Chuck whipped out some top quality sarcasm at Scawen once and got banned. Scawen overreacted, don't worry.

(2017-12-25 18:26)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]We can't gossip or leak info on the main forum but I guess it's okay to at best, speculate unconvincingly about updates? Most of us are clutching at straws to be honest.

If it's on the main forum, then it's not leaking. It's alright to speculate, but stating something as fact, when it's not, is not ok.
(2017-12-25 18:50)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Scawen overreacted, don't worry.

I am not worried about ban actions, the overreacting is a bit typical though. As if things are not under control. If all is going well, it is much easier to handle criticism and/or sarcasm.

Ah well.. At the beginning of February next year I can ask again how it is going... Or maybe not necessary bcz patch will be released, no? Thumbup Laugh

---
Oh, when he gave me this 3 month ban his message ended with "see you soon". Thats his definition of soon probably.
What did you do this time?
I dont understand people want new content but the devs didnt even updated the rest of the game(fernbay,southcity,interiors for most cars).The game will look like a clown s house 50% old 2005 stuff and 50% nice new content because the devs can actully surprise us when something actually gets released.
(2017-12-25 20:58)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]What did you do this time?

Eehhh same as Chuck I guess?

Quote:Your forum status is : In the corner
The reason for the ban : I've asked many times for you to stop making sarcastic comments, the same point over and over. Please have a three month break. See you soon.
The ban will be lifted on : ~Wed 7 Feb 2018, 9:38

But it's a while ago now..

I only was here because I saw TC server(s) not on LFSW for a moment but it looks like it was some maintenance thing. Good Wink

Just waiting for some patch releases! Biggrin
Lol , whats with all the sudden speculations ? If time has taught us one thing, speculating about LFS progress only brings up losers. The entire situation has reached dimensions that any word does sound sarcastic. But frankly, that is Scawen's fault. He is persistently after things, nobody from the community ever asked for. Sure, graphic updates would be a nice thing, but there are probably a thousand other things above on that list. And even if, graphic updates don't take years. I believe he lives in some bubble that isolates him from anything and anyone around him. I mean he probably never played any other game and has no idea how games are made nowadays. Otherwise, the situation wouldn't be as stuck as it is for years.
Reference URL's