[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-24 20:29)Asas Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nice and all, except when we(COPs) start chasing noobs.. This will be a nightmare just like Westhill is.

It's just going to become a new era of copping Smile

One that actually will require quite a bit of skill and dedication to do properly. A new challenge, which will likely encourage new people as well.

A lot of it will come down to how we, as TC, lay this out. It's taken many years to perfect layouts for smooth and enjoyable cop gameplay, so these new updates may take some time.

All in all, this looks like real promising stuff! Smile
I'm really looking for it. The map feels different from Westhill, it feels more suited for cruising.
I hope people will enjoy RP'ing on it. Biggrin
You say that it feels more suited for cruising, I actually disagree. The industrial estate does not lend itself to non-stop driving. It's going to be very stop-start. The only bit that will be good for long drives is the track. At least Westhill has a lengthy ring-road, Blackwood has nothing that's comparable to that.

very good very productive

turn your sound up
Administrator Message by: Bez

Merged the two Dev threads together. Not sure why a new one was started...

Weird how they updated Blackwood out of the blue like this... I hope more tracks are getting remade sooner Biggrin
Hopefully the devs make the highway driveable

[Image: pdxLELP.jpg]

[Image: ygFdxFt.jpg]
Connect that higway to south city should be awesome
Jimmy, that won't happen as the map will become too big for rotation, unless they make it smaller which will be harder to see things. 2 maps together will be quite complex in my opinion.
I did think those skyscrapers looked like SO in the distance
That would be pretty epic, but the environments are completely different.
Looks nice, but the city area is so tight, chases are almost impossible there.
(2017-01-25 16:53)Otava Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nice, but the city area is so tight, chases are almost impossible there.

Thats the fun part.

Quick drift around

Looks very nice and funny to drift there

Also, the layout looks good
They should increase the number of players in a host to 60 now.
I think they would've done this a long time ago if they were able to. I'm thinking they'd have to make some optimizations to do this?
(2017-01-26 08:33)BP Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking they'd have to make some optimizations to do this?

Yes, starting first by setting default spawn zones, then moving into performance, where CPU usage might go high due to work needed to make cars move smoothly in MP. (predictions etc...)
Plus redoing the pit boxes, no?

Im not sure about it, but what would happen when a Quali session starts and everyone want to join? You will need to add spwawn zones I think
In the worst case scenario most of the netcode would have to be rewritten and in fact a lot of client side stuff optimized as well to accomodate 60 players on the server.
LFS tracks just can't accommodate 60 cars in a single race, it would be mayhem.
Reference URL's