[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: LFSTimeline.png]
Current Version: 0.6R - 2017 January.

Just look if next update too much alfabet of version:

0.6S (Still no update August.)
0.6Q 2018?
0.6R ?
0.6T ?
0.6U ?
0.6V ?
0.6W ?
0.6Y ?
0.6Z ?
0.7A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,K,L,M,N,P,Q,S,R,T,U,V,W,Y,Z 2020?
0.8A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,K,L,M,N,P,Q,S,R,T,U,V,W,Y,Z 2022?
0.9A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,K,L,M,N,P,Q,S,R,T,U,V,W,Y,Z 2025?
1.0 Final Version.. 2030?

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Far waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

lol
(2017-08-13 07:21)Foloride Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-12 11:31)Spark Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling they may be working on an update for one of the outdated maps, but I may be wrong.

Some say it's South City

It would be nice for an updated map, but tire physics and VWS (the thing we've been waiting for years) would be even nicer.

(2017-08-13 08:15)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ][Image: LFSTimeline.png]
Current Version: 0.6R - 2017 January.

Just look if next update too much alfabet of version:

0.6S (Still no update August.)
0.6Q 2018?
0.6R ?
0.6T ?
0.6U ?
0.6V ?
0.6W ?
0.6Y ?
0.6Z ?
0.7A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,K,L,M,N,P,Q,S,R,T,U,V,W,Y,Z 2020?
0.8A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,K,L,M,N,P,Q,S,R,T,U,V,W,Y,Z 2022?
0.9A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,K,L,M,N,P,Q,S,R,T,U,V,W,Y,Z 2025?
1.0 Final Version.. 2030?

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Far waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

lol

Sounds about right lol
well you may never get 1.0
to get 1.0 you have to know what to expect. if clear goals are not established you can't estimate 1.0

personaly i can see changes requiring minimal effort (when comparing with tyre model/VWC) one of those being track expantion..
Scawen;1927934 Wrote:Well... it does need graphical updates to stay vaguely up to date. If you take a look at the really old versions of LFS, you'll see it has come along a great deal over the years and there wouldn't be anyone at all online any more if it looked now how it did back then.

That is important, and it's important for me to try and make sure the 3D system can allow Eric to create the effects he wants to. Or at least some of the effects. I'm always behind what he would really like it to be.

I had a relaxed month in August due to the school holidays and had a nice time here with the family. I'm back on getting some updated shaders finished so that Eric will be able to use them. We'll be able to release a patch with some fixes and graphical updates on Blackwood, Rockingham and Westhill.

Then what I really want to do is get the tyre physics finished so we can release the needed updates and then hopefully get onto supporting some elements of user created content. I can't be any more specific on that as there are no fixed plans.

Let's see if it's true if he release those "visual effects" and then he focus on tyres (again)
Honestly, he should just stop working on the tyres and just work on what's really needed.. Police lightbars, programmable strobe lights on bumpers and things like that. Let's be fair, he added the sirens function for a reason, but it'd be cool to see something out of the ordinary. Maybe I did think about it too much but perhaps it's what most of us want (I think anyway).
I wonder if a christmas present with the new tyre physics is maybe fairly realistic now. He might sound like a broken record whenever he says he'll be getting back to working on the tyres physics but i get the feeling it's pretty close, and at some point it gotta be finished, so maybe the 3 months until christmas is what he'll need to finish them off. Could 2017 be the year? It would be historic Biggrin

And then he's talking about user content already right after that. It could mean a lot of good and important things for CityDriving. Spark's ideas above might not be so far away after all.
Yes, 2017 can be the year as you explained, but.. will it be? Who knows, let's hope it Biggrin

Yes, the light bar shouldn't be very away, just for have it as "Safety Cars", but we inside TC use them as COP cars. So, if we have sirens, why don't have lights? Biggrin

And, yes, the contenct can be a good extra for servers. Hope them release it...
Can we do polls on lfs forums? If so, somebody should create one:
() Continue working on tyre physics
() Work on anything else
(2017-09-15 15:50)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Can we do polls on lfs forums? If so, somebody should create one:
() Continue working on tyre physics
() Work on anything else

I dare you
My name is too much high profile lol
It's clear that he merely spend time to enhance his game, If the VWS was announced back then in 2007/8 and its 2017 and he still didn't deliver, why do you some ppl still keep faith in him.

Bottom line: Keep waiting :""")
As if I've been in America for the past 4 months and nothing has changed, I expected even a little bit of a decent update but nope, no wonder I deleted LFS when I found out.
11th Dec Wrote:Thanks but the development isn't stagnant. In fact LFS is undergoing a major graphical overhaul at the moment.

If development was stagnant it's really unlikely it would still be going after 15 years. Most other games have come and gone long before 15 years have passed.

What you mean by stagnant is "not as fast as you would like". So better say that instead. We're working very hard on the updates.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1931342#post1931342
We're on xmas dates, so, well, working hard... but yes, that's true. Them are there, years pass and them/we are here
go go go scawen!....
I genuinely don't even expect anything at this point, we're waiting constantly so I just got over it and play the game as it is, not quite expecting much.
people are still hoping for updates? Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
LFS best game ever
..no that's wrong, that's probably 2009ish
sry
Wow! I was since we didn t hear from them awhile I expected there was actually update close or at least test patch. Oh well... nothing unusual.
I only enjoy the game for TC (I mostly always have done anyway) and the occasional mess around on SP. The excitement of having the VWS wore off a long time ago. We’d all use it for about a week and it would just become another car in the game. I’d only really get excited about the prospect of 4x4s, estate cars, vans and/or lorries being added to the game. I’d also like to see some sort of V8 muscle car added.

At some point a redeveloped South City (which I’m really hoping is on the cards given the recent and apparent current graphical overhauls) or new city track would be pretty decent as well.
Reference URL's