[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Development Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"LFS Development Discussion"
there's no development to discuss Laugh
@MrPixel RIP BRAIN! GG
Looks awesome, my pc will rip in potato though.
NEW ASTON!
NEW DRAGSTRIP!
FULL COMPLETE New graphics lighting system

-= GG 2018 =-
Here's all the screenshots Biggrin

Really impressed with the new shadow system Biggrin The new track updates look awesome too! Cant wait!
I really hope that Aston will get some backroads like Westhill and Blackwood. Maybe we'll even have the Autocross with all its features connected as one big map.
South City is going to be their crown jewel, calling it now. It's going to be incredible.
Seeing how dark blackwood will get in new version I really hope for night + timecycle in future.
Aston looks noice.
@Getrag

Yeah, hopes are high at least for a day night cycle, seems possible looking at the environmental lighting and casting effects they have now.

If its a graphical update for every track then dang it could just well be that "3 updated tracks" thing. Hope to see Aston and SO bling'ed up, would look amazing.

(Still waiting on new tracks or cars tho, but seems like this graphics update is bigger than initially expected. Awesome Smile )
They did say, not every track will get the Westhill backroads kinda update right now. They are just working on updating every track to get it ready for the shadow/shaders update.

A lot of the tracks had empty land spaces, no roofs on buildings so shadows would look weird as hell without updating these things.

Loving the Paddock updates with tents and arctics Biggrin SZ 2 in Aston looks purdy too.

Something caught my eye:

Scawen Wrote:Also the shine level at any point on the surface can be controlled by the alpha channel of the texture map.

I wonder if we can utilize this in our skins to make shiny decals shiny Biggrin
Looks like dragstrip had a nice big update with new driving space and all.
(2018-08-26 16:37)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Something caught my eye:

Scawen Wrote:Also the shine level at any point on the surface can be controlled by the alpha channel of the texture map.

I wonder if we can utilize this in our skins to make shiny decals shiny Biggrin

This was discussed a while back in a test patch thread. It's likely we will.

Scawen and Eric have made LFS look more natural than any sim I've seen. Just need to see how it translates to different weather conditions.
hoping for vws after this
(2018-08-26 17:22)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like dragstrip had a nice big update with new driving space and all.

Yes, I was thinking the same when I looked this:
https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose...daf8f81e27

Didn't drived to much this track, but, looks very interesting
(2018-08-26 18:43)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]hoping for vws after this

[Image: Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg]
(2018-08-26 15:33)Bez Wrote: [ -> ][Image: -9563033%2012387881%20939170%203581%2022...2061.9.jpg]

That awkward moment when a picnic bench has better textures than the RB4 interior.
(2018-08-26 21:34)Nick Wrote: [ -> ]That awkward moment when a picnic bench has better textures than the RB4 interior.
I want to sit there and have a romantic picnic with you, thats how pretty it is.
Reference URL's