[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Grand Theft Auto V Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I plan to play around in single player the first time, do some story missions to see the difference and to get used to PC steering.
(2015-04-04 10:41)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]I plan to play around in single player the first time, do some story missions to see the difference and to get used to PC steering.

Same here. Gona be so fun Smile
We can start downloading the game already on the 7th.
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-.../204657218
Preloading doesn't allow you to play the game. It just allows you to install the massive file size ready for the release date.

Amazon sometimes ship CDs versions of the game out and they can arrive maybe a day or two earlier than the release date.

PC steering. I wouldn't use your keyboard for this, if you have an Xbox controller, PS3 or PS4 you can use these on PC's. Bearing in mind if you have the wireless versions of the xbox controllers you will need to get a bluetooth adapter if your PC doesn't already have one. The PS3 and 4 Controllers only need you to attached the charging USB wire to your pc while plugged into the controller.
(2015-04-04 12:15)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Preloading doesn't allow you to play the game. It just allows you to install the massive file size ready for the release date.

[Image: captainobviousf0k.jpg]

Bet there will be a massive patch on launchdate, so even with preloading we probably can't play right away.
I know what preloading means. I didn't say "play" on the 7th nubboy Tongue

And no, i doubt i'll be using any controller. I'm actually looking forward to keyboard and mouse controlling as it's a pain in the arse to aim with controller. If possible i may have the controller connected for driving only but i don't know if that'll be possible.
I was thinking that same too, i will use controller only for driving,if that will be possible. Hope so!
My heist fleet!
[Image: 0_0.jpg]
I got myself a Karuma and an Insurgent the other night too! Upgraded them as much as I could. Tongue
Looks great ras.
According to Reddit, pre-loading should be available from about 10am PST which is 6pm BST (GMT+1)
I can preload now and it is ~59GB. That will take a while.
Looks promising Smile

[Image: pr3load.PNG]
With my internet this should take me about 3 hours methinks. Smile
So tempting to buy another 128GB SSD just for GTA5
I'm downloading now at ~3mb/s, 6 hours left. It's nice to be able to do it over time than having to do it on the day of release, although i suppose there will be some sort of update to download by then but obviously way smaller.
(2015-04-07 17:32)Nick Wrote: [ -> ]So tempting to buy another 128GB SSD just for GTA5

Nerr nerrr nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[Image: 10d5d6d2b2.png]
Download speed is jumping a lot. Guess everyone are preloading, stressing the servers.
Switch to Swedish/Finnish region in Steam. Steady 10MB/S for me. Smile
Since we can't play yet i'm gonna hop onto GTA V ps3, if anyone wants to join me? Smile
Reference URL's